Shareholder Benefit - Feedback to Bonnie and warning to shareholders for the future

uktog

Best Price Guarantee: Azamara Club Cruises’ Best Price Guarantee is available for United States & Canada consumers that book an Azamara Club Cruises voyage on or after November 1, 2015

Does anyone know why these offers do not apply to UK residents. I am not aware that cruise prices are any lower in the UK,but it seems if you book early and then there is a price drop there is no recompense unlike our American and Canadian cousins, I have never understood this logic, anyone have the answer?

Best Price Guarantee: Azamara Club Cruises’ Best Price Guarantee is available for United States & Canada consumers that book an Azamara Club Cruises voyage on or after November 1, 2015

Does anyone know why these offers do not apply to UK residents. I am not aware that cruise prices are any lower in the UK,but it seems if you book early and then there is a price drop there is no recompense unlike our American and Canadian cousins, I have never understood this logic, anyone have the answer?

I agree - seems very unfair!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the first I have heard of the Early Booking Benefit but I applied for and received the shareholder benefit when I booked my cruise back in 2014 (sailing this august). I read the information at the link and I don't see a limitation on when the booking was made other than 10 months or more before the cruise departure. So I have sent a request to Azamara asking about the Early Booking Benefit. We will see what they say.

Regarding the shareholder benefit I have found in the past that it is not allowed if you have any other OBC from the cruise line. For example I had a cruise last year where Celebrity offered a $100 OBC with my cruise fare. I asked if I could decline that since it would eliminate my ability to get a $250 shareholder credit. My TA talked to Celebrity and was able to remove the $100 OBC so I could get the larger shareholder credit. This does not apply to OBC directly from the TA and not associated with the cruise line.

Got a response back today from Azamara regarding the Early Bird Benefit -

In regards to your inquiry, we are able to apply our Early Booking Benefit to all reservations within 10+ months prior to the sail date at prevailing rates. Unfortunately, as your reservations is approximately within 6 months prior to the sail date, we are unable to honor the Early Booking Benefit to your future reservation.

I understand what the program is saying, finally. You not only have to have booked more than 10 months out, you have to be at least 10 months away from sailing date to apply. That was kind of left out of the wording on the website; Bonnie, you might want to suggest that they reword the advertisement/announcement whatever it is.

Even so, I was told that I couldn't get it when I applied because I had booked before 1 November (when the early booking benefit started), even though 1 November was over 11 months from my cruise and I booked my cruise nearly 2 years before the sailing date. Presumably this is because I am from the UK!

Even so, I was told that I couldn't get it when I applied because I had booked before 1 November (when the early booking benefit started), even though 1 November was over 11 months from my cruise and I booked my cruise nearly 2 years before the sailing date. Presumably this is because I am from the UK!

Nothing to do with the UK, it is all linked to a change in terms and conditions that Azamara rolled out from 1 November.

If you booked before 1 November you are on the old terms and conditions if you want to have the post 1 November you need to talk to them about doing a rebooking. In our case because there was not a price difference we did that but bear in mind if you have had some offers when you booked it might not be in your interests to rebook. You will need to speak to whoever you booked through

I know that there is no way I could cancel and rebook, and get anywhere close to the price I have right now; that's a good thing because this whole shebang just confuses me. I thought I had it figured out but obviously I didn't.

Good luck to all who apply! Grandma Cruising, I'm sorry you got turned down.

I don't find it too difficult to understand but then I'm into logic trees. As I see it

Did you book after 1 November Yes

At the time of booking was it more than 10 months to the sailing - Yes - you get the offer

At the time of booking was it less than 10 months to the sailing - No - You do not get the offer

Did you book before 1 November

Are you within 10 months of your sailing today > Yes - in that case this offer will never apply to you

Are you within 10 months of your sailing today > No- in which case you can consider whether it is worth your time to rebook now paying the price applicable today so it becomes a booking under the post 1 November terms and you get the land discoveries award. You need to speak to your travel agent

Thank you Uktog - you have made it clearer. I must have misread a post because I had got the impression that someone in the US in the same position as me had been granted the benefit - obviously I was wrong. We booked direct and got a good price, so rebooking is not an option!

I confess that I became so used to not getting the shareholder credit on RCI that I forgot to apply for it on our upcoming Quest cruise. I sent the email last night and offered to trade our $200 OBC (a "Decide Now" booking made while on Serenade OTS in 2014) for the $250 shareholder credit. To my surprise and delight, I am getting both.

Today I found out that our cruise is now only 13 nights (we're on the last cruise pre-drydock and they've learned their lesson from the Journey hiccup, taking 3 from us so the first post-drydock cruise is a better expereince), but I'm hoping that they won't reduce the amount, greedy girl that I am.:D

I confess that I became so used to not getting the shareholder credit on RCI that I forgot to apply for it on our upcoming Quest cruise. I sent the email last night and offered to trade our $200 OBC (a "Decide Now" booking made while on Serenade OTS in 2014) for the $250 shareholder credit. To my surprise and delight, I am getting both.

Today I found out that our cruise is now only 13 nights (we're on the last cruise pre-drydock and they've learned their lesson from the Journey hiccup, taking 3 from us so the first post-drydock cruise is a better expereince), but I'm hoping that they won't reduce the amount, greedy girl that I am.:D

I hope you are lucky and I am sorry to hear that your cruise is being changed, but I could see from the other thread the positive attitude you are approaching the change with.

I really hope they do not mess with your credit however I found they were very unkind when we had an Azamara cruise cancelled within 48 hours of sailing when the ship got damaged. Due to some excellent work by the shoreside team we were able to rebook on a Celebrity cruise so saved our holiday. Because the new booking was on a new reservation number we reapplied on the way to the airport for our changed cruise and were declined......because we had not applied more than 10 days away from the sailing - there is a cut off rule. Nothing would change their minds on that one, not even the intervention of the Celebrity UK staff

Bonnie,

Since this was raised on 8 deb can you advise on how many chains there are in this organisation and when/if we are likely to get a reply.

As I see it this must go from revenue to Larry (eventually?) and then presumably on to somebody who reports to Mr Fain but surely in these days of email these reports are instant!!!???.

Surely it does not have to go to the board of directors?

Edited by procter

Bonnie,

Since this was raised on 8 deb can you advise on how many chains there are in this organisation and when/if we are likely to get a reply.

As I see it this must go from revenue to Larry (eventually?) and then presumably on to somebody who reports to Mr Fain but surely in these days of email these reports are instant!!!???.

Surely it does not have to go to the board of directors?

Hello Procter,

How have you been?

What I have been told, firmly, is that Shareholder Benefits are decided "by Corporate", and not "at the brand level." I can only interpret this as meaning it is out of our control. I honestly do not know what happens at the corporate level beyond the footprint of our Azamara offices.

I do know that our management is aware that this so-called benefit upsets many of our most loyal guests and thus it upsets us as well. We all wish it were simpler to apply for, more generously granted, and more consistently granted.

I wish I could tell you I had the answer. As said earlier, the best plan of action may be to bring it up at Shareholder Meetings.

Every time I receive RCL proxy materials, I vote against all board members election, against selecting the accountants, against proposals that the company favors and for any they are against.

That's how I send them my message. Maybe if others did the same it would open their eyes to shareholder discontent.

The trouble for us not in the USA like Procter and I is that any notifications arrive after the deadline. Not an issue as a "small shareholder" but we do lose the opportunity for that tactic.

Edited by uktog

Is there a way to get your notifications digitally?

Because they are overseas dollar holdings no - that's an issue for all US shares I hold it is not unique to RCI

Edited by uktog

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for your concern and I am fine but as you may guess "unhappy".

Like you I realise that this decision is beyond Azamara but the very fact that it has been raised several times and RCI HQ see fit to ignore us and not even give a holding response is rather sad.

To whom would we address our concern at RCI.

I well realise that Mr Fain is unlikely to read any email even if we could get his email address.

Thanks again for trying.

Thanks for this Pam.

If I had any confidence that either of these people actually read them (as opposed to being monitored by somebody else as otherwise he would be spammed rigid)I would use them but it appears the only way is if some USA resident can ask at shareholders meeting.

Thanks for the tip.

I have written directly before and all I got was a reply from customer services not even an acknowledgement from Larry's office..

I initially posted what follows in response to the thread on MrMojoRisin's review of his recent voyage, but realized it more properly belongs in this thread:

As we will board Journey in December 2016, it is absolutely great to hear all these "positives" about the friendly crew and friendly fellow passengers, as that was our experience, too, in December 2014 (I posted a glowing review of that voyage on CC) and that is why we booked again. Our dining experiences were also wonderful then! Now if only the corporate/ land side experience were as great, that would be terrific... I sent an email to customer service (rather than to the LCV department, since that is what Bonnie said to do in the shareholder/other benefits issue thread). It was regarding the EBB (Early Booking Benefit-- OBC to be given to be applied to Land Discoveries for those that book 10 months or more in advance) which we clearly qualified for under the specific PRINTED terms of the offer (even when you go to the fine print "terms and conditions"). I asked my travel agent to call to claim this for us and she was told it was only for new bookings made since the offer was introduced. But that is not what the PRINTED offer says-- Azamara is adding new conditions ad hoc. So I wrote an email to customer service February 23 and I know they got it, as they send a robo-response, that your email was received and is in the queue to be answered. So a WEEK later, I've still heard nothing. If my husband's firm took a week or longer to respond to a client's inquiry, they wouldn't have any clients... Very frustrating-- because the shipboard experience is great, but dealing with (or the lack thereof, since they don't respond) with corporate is awful, as sending them anything seems to go into a "black hole."

• 4 weeks later...

Bonnie, you suggested I contact guest services. I did, and they gave me the same reply. I was not eligible because I booked with an on line travel agency.

We should not be punished for those bookings. I received no OBC or special package, but still not eligible. Corporate change your policy.

Bonnie, you suggested I contact guest services. I did, and they gave me the same reply. I was not eligible because I booked with an on line travel agency.

We should not be punished for those bookings. I received no OBC or special package, but still not eligible. Corporate change your policy.

Hi exc,

I am assured by our Guest Services that the Corporate Office does not deny the shareholder OBC simply because a booking was made through an online booking agency. There must be another factor. But what it could be is out of my realm. You have to deal with Guest Services.

I'm sorry this issue continues to frustrate so many.

Bonnie