Azamara Discoveries Restaurant Menus (January 2016)

Andy

Last night was the Spanish buffet in Windows and the "World Cuisine" item in Discoveries was paella.

Now that sounds good - two questions

1. Was that also the special item on the Patio?

2. If you happen to see what they do on the indian night as the special can you let us know

I absolutely adore Indian food but DH cannot eat it due to allergies, I have always wanted to do the indian buffet, but maybe I have a compromise here, I can enjoy something at the Patio whilst he still has his "safe" food

I could never bring myself to be selfish enough to send him to dine on his own somewhere whilst I went to the Indian buffet

Now that sounds good - two questions

1. Was that also the special item on the Patio?

2. If you happen to see what they do on the indian night as the special can you let us know

I absolutely adore Indian food but DH cannot eat it due to allergies, I have always wanted to do the indian buffet, but maybe I have a compromise here, I can enjoy something at the Patio whilst he still has his "safe" food

I could never bring myself to be selfish enough to send him to dine on his own somewhere whilst I went to the Indian buffet

1. Don't know. Didn't go to Patio that night. Last night was Asian night in buffet and Patio special was an Asian duck dish.

2. Your wish is their command! When dining at Patio you can just walk into buffet and get anything and everything you'd like and take it to your table in the Patio. We had pork dumplings and spring rolls from the buffet last night and main courses from Patio menu.

1. Don't know. Didn't go to Patio that night. Last night was Asian night in buffet and Patio special was an Asian duck dish.

2. Your wish is their command! When dining at Patio you can just walk into buffet and get anything and everything you'd like and take it to your table in the Patio. We had pork dumplings and spring rolls from the buffet last night and main courses from Patio menu.

You have no idea how happy I am :)

I have wanted this sort of solution for so many cruises, this is just perfect for us on Indian night - steak for him and Indian delights for me :)

Thank you for coming back with this update

Edited by uktog

Could not agree more about the outstanding Indian buffet! we always check as soon as we board to gt its schedule so we don't run into a reservation conflict with the speciality restaurants.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Our favourite food apart from Italian is Indian and we too want to book Chefs Table PLUS 4 when we board. If they know when we book the theme buffet nights we can adjust our dining accordingly when we book.

:)

Thanks for the heads up on this. Our favourite food apart from Italian is Indian and we too want to book Chefs Table PLUS 4 when we board. If they know when we book the theme buffet nights we can adjust our dining accordingly when we book.

:)

At check in, you may well be given a sheet that covers the entertainment for each night of the cruise in outline plus a list of what buffet is on last night. They have certainly done this on my last three Quest cruises. It helps a lot with planning

• 6 months later...

The offerings on the discovery menu sound tempting. I would say it is a solid menu offdering variety as well as the staples (salmon, chicken, steak). More important than what is offered is the how well the menu dishes are prepared.

On my cruise in February (not Azamara Quest) I found the food to be hit and miss and all the sauces were overall dreadful. The poached eggs reeked of vinegar and there was vinegar in the hollandaise as well instead of lemon (??!!). The escargot were chewier than rubber and reeking of vinegar (again, ??!!)

If Azamara can serve me eggs benedict with a proper hollandaise sauce (there's no vinegar in hollandaise) and tender escargot in a butter garlic sauce (again no vinegar) than I will be happy dining on Azamara. Creative dinner salads and good deserts (I especially like cakes) would not be amiss either. I would also like to see more seafood options.

The most important thing is that the chef knows how to create delicious (not ridiculous) flavor combinations and is able to prepare the dish well.

Bottom line the menu for the most part looks tempting but the proof will be in the eating of the dishes.

The offerings on the discovery menu sound tempting. I would say it is a solid menu offdering variety as well as the staples (salmon, chicken, steak). More important than what is offered is the how well the menu dishes are prepared.

On my cruise in February (not Azamara Quest) I found the food to be hit and miss and all the sauces were overall dreadful. The poached eggs reeked of vinegar and there was vinegar in the hollandaise as well instead of lemon (??!!). The escargot were chewier than rubber and reeking of vinegar (again, ??!!)

If Azamara can serve me eggs benedict with a proper hollandaise sauce (there's no vinegar in hollandaise) and tender escargot in a butter garlic sauce (again no vinegar) than I will be happy dining on Azamara. Creative dinner salads and good deserts (I especially like cakes) would not be amiss either. I would also like to see more seafood options.

The most important thing is that the chef knows how to create delicious (not ridiculous) flavor combinations and is able to prepare the dish well.

Bottom line the menu for the most part looks tempting but the proof will be in the eating of the dishes.

I had Eggs Benedict every morning on Quest this month, and they were all perfect [whether in Discoveries or Windows]: runny yolks, no hint of vinegar in the eggs or the sauce. But the deep-fried egg yolk on the Chef's Table was to die for! Luckily you can't get that anywhere else, or my cholesterol might actually make me die for it!

The television tells you which Discoveries menu will be used on each night of the cruise.

Exactly! The menus are available on the TV during the first day of the cruise and are even easier to view after the software was upgraded in drydock. The menus help us plan if we'll have an appetizer or dessert in a different restaurant.

The ship may use menu #7 on the 1st day and menu #3 on the 2nd day. So just book the Italian or Indian Table and ask for your missed favorite as a special request. It's Azamara!

• 5 months later...
But the deep-fried egg yolk on the Chef's Table was to die for! Luckily you can't get that anywhere else, or my cholesterol might actually make me die for it!

Deep fried egg yolks? I need to experience that at least once. What Chef's Table menu served it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums