Azamara Discoveries Restaurant Menus (January 2016)

Andy

Thanks again Andy. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I have a question that you probably can't answer based on this cruise, but maybe Bonnie can: are these menus used in strict rotation on Azamara (as Celebrity does)? In other words, on our cruise this August can we expect menu 1 on day 1, menu 2 on day 2, etc up to menu 14 on day 14 and then menu 1 again on day 15?

FYI - the days on the cruise don't go in order - at least they did not on the crossing I did on the Journey in November. Had to check the menu screen on the TV to see the order.

Thanks. So we won't be able to choose specialty nights in advance based on avoiding weak MDR menus. Too bad. But then, all the MDR menus look pretty good anyway!

There's been much discussion here of late about poorer quality of the MDR food. I have to say I've never had an issue. I really mix things up now because I also enjoy eating in the buffet. By the time I have the Azamazing evening, White Night and some of my favourite theme nights in the buffet it's pretty difficult to stick to a plan. Of course now we will have the Patio too. Just to mention that the evening menu for the dining room will be put up for display outside the restaurant during the day. Around midday from memory.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Thanks again Andy. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I have a question that you probably can't answer based on this cruise, but maybe Bonnie can: are these menus used in strict rotation on Azamara (as Celebrity does)? In other words, on our cruise this August can we expect menu 1 on day 1, menu 2 on day 2, etc up to menu 14 on day 14 and then menu 1 again on day 15?

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

As best as I can recall, the menus are not in strict order ala Celebrity. FWIW, I recall on our last Eclipse sailing, the menus were definitely not in order, so I think Celebrity is relaxing their mindset on strictness.

Hope this helps !

Well, that function was there a few days ago but now the entire dining option has disappeared from the menu. Might appear again shortly. Who knows? Still fine tuning the TV capabilities. Stay tuned.

Thought the TV was not tuned ;)

Anyway - when it does come back can you tell us are the desert menus shown as well on the TV

All the rest looks very much like the old menus the vast majority of days have just been reformatted, which I think will help a lot address the criticisms of limited choice, the choice always was there, but some found it a little hard to find

Thanks

Loving these menus - thank you!

Are evening buffet menus posted midday like the dining room menus are?

Yes the buffet menu was outside Windows and the main dining room menu was outside Discoveries when we were on Quest - I have seen the two menus side by side on Journey outside Windows in the past but it certainly wasn't on Quest

It will be interesting to hear, do they post details of their dishes of the day at the Patio as they also will factor into our decision making process

My husband prefers to be surprised by a menu, but I like to know what my options are - normally I always prefer the main dining room, but have read so many good reviews of the theme buffets at Windows that I want to experience that too! So I'll have to check out the menus surreptitiously in advance and then "inform" my husband where we'll dine that evening :p

On the November TA which was 16 days, they did not post on the TV what the menu was going to be for the last 2 days. The TV will show you which day number the menu is.

I have seen where the Windows Buffet menu is posted in detail along side the MDR menu outside Windows. But on the last trip, it was only the theme of the day for Windows and no MDR menu.

Have never done the Buffet, prefer being served.

What do they do in the Patio for Dinner. Have not seen anybody post that.

Again thanks Andy.

Andy posted the Pool dinner menu on his Live From thread.

Thanks again, Andy; you are a prince! The next best thing would be for the menus to go in some kind of set order, to let people know when they might want to book a specialty restaurant instead. But I know we can't always have everything we want.

What do they do in the Patio for Dinner. Have not seen anybody post that.

Again thanks Andy.

Hi Phylhering,

Glad you enjoyed the menus. So you don't have to go looking for it on my "Live From" thread, here's The Patio Menu.

Hope this helps !

dee7432a-5b35-4381-aacc-790d4712da62_zpsqudcaqdy.jpg~original

Thought the TV was not tuned ;)

Anyway - when it does come back can you tell us are the desert menus shown as well on the TV

All the rest looks very much like the old menus the vast majority of days have just been reformatted, which I think will help a lot address the criticisms of limited choice, the choice always was there, but some found it a little hard to find

Thanks

Dining function has returned. Menu numbdrs listed by date. Number 11 tonight. Veal ribeye, etc. Didn't look for desserts but would guess not shown, as they are separate menus from the main dinner menu. Escargots and jumbo shrimp cocktail every night are significant additions. "World cuisine" item will usually reflect either theme in buffet or local cuisine.

Dining function has returned. Menu numbdrs listed by date. Number 11 tonight. Veal ribeye, etc. Didn't look for desserts but would guess not shown, as they are separate menus from the main dinner menu. Escargots and jumbo shrimp cocktail every night are significant additions. "World cuisine" item will usually reflect either theme in buffet or local cuisine.

All Andy's hard work is so appreciated! And now we can apparently see the menus on TV... on our last Azamara trip, every day, I scurried around to all the dining venues to see what was posted before reporting back to my husband, although many nights we went for Prime C or Aquilina. Come to think of it, I probably could've asked the butler to bring us the menus for every day, since we were in a CC suite... Oh, well. Used to doing things myself, I guess. Menus look good!

All Andy's hard work is so appreciated! And now we can apparently see the menus on TV... on our last Azamara trip, every day, I scurried around to all the dining venues to see what was posted before reporting back to my husband, although many nights we went for Prime C or Aquilina. Come to think of it, I probably could've asked the butler to bring us the menus for every day, since we were in a CC suite... Oh, well. Used to doing things myself, I guess. Menus look good!

The poorest meal we had on our recent Journey cruise was the one in aqualina. Not impressed at all. Terrible tomato salad! Not worth the extra money.