Azamara Discoveries Restaurant Menus (January 2016)

Andy

A lot of very tasty sounding dishes on the menus you've posted. And Andy, thanks so very much for all your hard work keeping us all informed! I read all your threads and look at your photos and am grateful to you for taking the time and energy to post them. Very excited for our upcoming cruise on Journey December 2016 Singapore/Bali!

Thanks Andy for the post.

I have traveling on Azamara twice a year for 5 years. I have been putting in the request that there should be some menu changes. They revamped the menu organization and put the premium wines upfront. They put the always available in with the daily selections. They added Escargot and Onion Soup to the always available. Quite a few nights, we have special ordered the Escargot and they were always very accommodating.

They also added the dietary needs for each item.

BUT ... very few new items. I recognize the majority of them.

Disappointed that they did not add pasta with a tomato sauce as an every day item. I really like the tomato sauce. I have the pasta with tomato sauce every day that it is offered in Windows at lunch. Fabio said that you could order it at dinner too. I tried it one night when nothing intrigued me from the entrees. The night thing I knew Fabio was standing behind me (Ladies that was a treat :) Fabio thought it was an excellent idea for the new menu. Oh well - maybe 5 years from now when they revamp the menus again.

So disappointed in the new menus - I really thought we would get a lot of new items. I guess it would be hard to revamp the entire menu for the kitchen staff.

Actually a lot of the items are exactly the same as the old menu's, as others have remarked. There are some new items and the world destination choice sounds interesting, but I don't think there has been a dramatic change.....and it was time for one. I think I will still be able to say that it's Day 3 of the cruise, so it must be .........

Thanks, Andy. These look great - some dishes the same as on last year's menu, but quite a few new and definitely a greater choice, and more 'wow' dishes.

Does the little paragraph about 'world destination choice' mean that there is a 'special' every day that's not on the menu or is it a way of describing the mains for the day. If it's a 'special', did you ever ask what they were - what sort of things were they?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Grandma cruising,

The World Destination choice is an additional menu item. On our sailing, some of the dishes had a Caribbean flair, including the Spiny Lobster that was offered one night, which was purchased locally.

Hi Grandma cruising,

The World Destination choice is an additional menu item. On our sailing, some of the dishes had a Caribbean flair, including the Spiny Lobster that was offered one night, which was purchased locally.

Thanks for clarifying - that sounds great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am I missing the other seven menus somewhere?

Hi Pam,

I'm posting a few additional menus now. I've been under the weather the past few days. Finally feeling a bit better !

It's a very time consuming process, and each page takes time. Sorry for the delay.

Hi Everyone,

It's almost 3 am local time, and I have an early day... so I will try my best to post menus 13 and 14 tomorrow.

Edited by Host Andy

Andy, an idea for you. I know you locked the old menu thread. In that and last year I posted the old menus in a Photobucket link. I see you are using Photobucket too. Why don't you post a link for all of the menus when you have collated them? For reference this is the link to the menus I posted last year. Some might be interested to directly compare:

http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/excitedofharpenden/library/Azamara%20Journey%20MDR%20Menus%20a%20April%202014?sort=9&page=1

Phil

Thank you for posting the menus.

My DH and I aren't really foodies, so many of these dishes don't appeal to us. We don't like mushrooms or eggplant, and I don't like tomatoes, and those three ingredients appear with great frequency.

I have sailed only solo on AZ so far and have enjoyed my dinners in the buffet in the evening, so it looks like that tradition will continue. :)