Assigned check in...you got to be kidding me

caymancouple

At the risk of being (insinuated) called names again (dont ask, happened earlier in the thread ) my point is, if you are priority and did not choose a boarding time, would you be denied priority boarding? If not, what is the need for priority to choose?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

carnival is asking you to pick the time where you think you will be there so they can control the traffic flow. if you don't put any or put the first time and get there by 2:00pm, it doesn't help them at all

this whole thing is about managing the traffic flow and they are asking you to comply. IF you get there earlier than anticipated, you can still get in but they want to know when you are arriving.

Hasn't been a issue, much like the disembarking process. Next cruise go down whenever you feel like it and see if they let you off the ship.

:confused: Disembark procedures were strictly enforced on our last cruise. Guests were stopped from even getting near the disembark deck until they had been called. They were being ordered back up the stairs with their suitcases.

Carnival has made it very clear that they will not be letting guests into the terminal until their check-in time at ports where the new system has been implemented, and all reports indicate that people are being required to wait outside. I certainly would not want to start my cruise by arguing with port personnel.

At the risk of being (insinuated) called names again (dont ask, happened earlier in the thread ) my point is, if you are priority and did not choose a boarding time, would you be denied priority boarding? If not, what is the need for priority to choose?

This is not about boarding. This is about checking in at the terminal ; going through security, getting sail and sign card, etc.

No names, deal? The check-in online requires all guests to choose a boarding time, even diamond, platinum and FTTF. Carnival is working to eliminate that requirement.

If you are one of the three above you can arrive anytime you want check in and board at will once the wedding parties have boarded. We are, and we have. Twice so far.

Did I do OK?

Edited by BallFour4

Super! Sorry I put boarding, I meant check in... Anyways, personally, I generally arrive later but my question is this... I know what their Goal is, to anticipate and control the flow of people... But if priority guests can enter for check in when they wish, why is everyone saying they MUST choose a time? Iit does not sound like they will refuse entry to priority boarding so why are people saying the HAVE to choose... So other than information gathering, platinum, diamond and fttf can still show up when they want regardless of the time they choose.

Super! Sorry I put boarding, I meant check in... Anyways, personally, I generally arrive later but my question is this... I know what their Goal is, to anticipate and control the flow of people... But if priority guests can enter for check in when they wish, why is everyone saying they MUST choose a time? Iit does not sound like they will refuse entry to priority boarding so why are people saying the HAVE to choose... So other than information gathering, platinum, diamond and fttf can still show up when they want regardless of the time they choose.

because if the diamond and platinum and fttf are honest and really tell when they are going to get there, it will help them with the flow.

the more people that are accurate with what they put in their check in time, the better the flow will be

there will be people who are late and people that are diamond and platinum who can go early but the more people put what time they think they will arrive, the better the flow will be.

basically if you put down 11:00, then it closes one spot for someone else (even if you are diamond or platinum). they have totals for each time slot and if you put your accurate time slot (to the best of your ability) it will be better

Edited by hftmrock

S......................... But if priority guests can enter for check in when they wish, why is everyone saying they MUST choose a time? ......................................

It's a online (programming) check-in issue.

[quote name=hftmrock;49188466

basically if you put down 11:00' date=' then it closes one spot for someone else (even if you are diamond or platinum). they have totals for each time slot and if you put your accurate time slot (to the best of your ability) it will be better[/quote]

So by that logic... If the diamonds and platinum guests DO NOT choose a time, then they are NOT taking a spot that someone else would fill.. If they DO select a time yet process separately, then the HAVE in fact taken a general boarding guests slot no? and since they are processed separately and can enter when they wish and have a separate check in area, they do not affect the general check in... So WHY is is VITAL that the priority guests select a time?

So by that logic... If the diamonds and platinum guests DO NOT choose a time, then they are NOT taking a spot that someone else would fill.. If they DO select a time yet process separately, then the HAVE in fact taken a general boarding guests slot no? and since they are processed separately and can enter when they wish and have a separate check in area, they do not affect the general check in... So WHY is is VITAL that the priority guests select a time?

At this point is vital, because for those checking in ports that use this system, you can't complete your online check-in without it. Who knows why they are asking this group. Maybe too much work to go through each booking and eliminate that option so they have everyone do it.

Plus, while priority folks do check-in separately, if most arrive early, maybe they can have more priority stations manned. I have seen it get ugly there too. Way more than in the general check-in where nobody feels entitled.

Yes, I have seen some ugly moments in the priority lounge too... So if it is required to select a time in order to online check in (which when I filled out my online check in last week for a March 20 cruise from Miami it had a place to select check in time but I did not choose but it still let me check in... Perhaps because it is not implemented yet?) anyway, so for priority, I would say perhaps they should select the latest time (so they don't take up earlier slots allotted to general boarding) but just come when they want since they process separately, no?

No names, deal? The check-in online requires all guests to choose a boarding time, even diamond, platinum and FTTF. Carnival is working to eliminate that requirement.

If you are one of the three above you can arrive anytime you want check in and board at will once the wedding parties have boarded. We are, and we have. Twice so far.

Did I do OK?

Nothing to do with boarding. This is about being allowed entry to the terminal to go through security and check in to get your S&S card. If you arrive before your slot you will be denied entry to the building

No names. BallFour4 was trying to help you and instead of saying thank you, you got snippy and asked why it was so much of a concern what you did? All of us were trying to help you by telling you the process changed...you can certainly do as you choose but Carnival has gotten stricter. All I did was ask what happened to manners and you got my post zapped.

Edited by tkportersat

Yes, I have seen some ugly moments in the priority lounge too... So if it is required to select a time in order to online check in (which when I filled out my online check in last week for a March 20 cruise from Miami it had a place to select check in time but I did not choose but it still let me check in... Perhaps because it is not implemented yet?) anyway, so for priority, I would say perhaps they should select the latest time (so they don't take up earlier slots allotted to general boarding) but just come when they want since they process separately, no?

If it were me, I would do as asked and pick a time and then plan to show up at that time. I'm not worried about saving spots for other people. If I was hell bent on getting an early slot, then I would make sure I did that part asap. For us, we're not interested in the early slots. Therefore I won't pick an early slot.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

And here I am being rudely harassed again.... I am seriously trying to figure out why it would be better for priority guests to choose a time and by everyone's logic, take a spot that a general boarding guest might use? I have only asked questions and never disparaged people and don't believe I was being snippy... and believe I followed manners. I was called an excuse for human excrement (so of course I had that removed it was uncalled for) for asking WHY it is so important for priority guests to select a time if they are allowed in when they want... If you don't consider that statement as lacking manners I don't know what is.

I am logically trying to understand why others are saying it is vital that priority choose a time when in the end it does not matter. I just stated I prefer to "wing it" and having priority boarding it seems entirely possible to do so. So far, the best answer has been the mom answer "because CCL said so". I am not trying to be rude but logically, if all the priority selects early times and really don't need them, then general boarding people will have fewer opportunities to board early...

Personally, I will continue to do as I have always done and see what happens, at this point I will bow out of this thread as I got the info I needed and said my peace so thank you to all (except the name callers) I don't thank you guys...

No one is harassing you. And don't recall seeing you called anything having to do with human excrement, maybe I missed that.

Carnival has implemented this new plan to control crowds in certain ports and has asked folks to check in online.

They have also asked Priority folks to do the same so they know when people plan to arrive. I am Platinum and I did this in a second and it was no big deal.

Many are not familiar with this change and think they can still just show up as they have before and that is not the case, this thread can help save some folks a little trouble.

Very helpful people on here trying to give individuals information on this new process.

And here I am being rudely harassed again.... I am seriously trying to figure out why it would be better for priority guests to choose a time and by everyone's logic, take a spot that a general boarding guest might use? I have only asked questions and never disparaged people and don't believe I was being snippy... and believe I followed manners. I was called an excuse for human excrement (so of course I had that removed it was uncalled for) for asking WHY it is so important for priority guests to select a time if they are allowed in when they want... If you don't consider that statement as lacking manners I don't know what is.

I am logically trying to understand why others are saying it is vital that priority choose a time when in the end it does not matter. I just stated I prefer to "wing it" and having priority boarding it seems entirely possible to do so. So far, the best answer has been the mom answer "because CCL said so". I am not trying to be rude but logically, if all the priority selects early times and really don't need them, then general boarding people will have fewer opportunities to board early...

Personally, I will continue to do as I have always done and see what happens, at this point I will bow out of this thread as I got the info I needed and said my peace so thank you to all (except the name callers) I don't thank you guys...

No one is harassing you. And don't recall seeing you called anything having to do with human excrement, maybe I missed that.

It is my comment this person is talking about. I just said that people who feel that they are entitled and don't wish to follow the rules and then berate others for trying to help are like that. I never called them that.

I understand where this person is coming from, but Carnival is asking us to do this, even if it takes a spot away from general boarding. You can choose the latest time and show up early if you are priority, that is what we did a few weeks ago in New Orleans, chose the latest time available but were still able to check in with the rest of our party that chose the 11:00 check in time. Really simple.

Maybe Carnival will fix this to where we don't have to pick a time, but maybe they are waiting until it is in every port before they do a big change to the system.

Edited by wanman

I would like to turn this around on you... Carnival is asking you to do this. they may have their reasons that we dont know about

but...

why WOULDNT you do this? if they are requesting it and it takes about 2 seconds and if you get there early its not a big deal, why not follow the rules?

whats the big deal?

;) I understand people don't like change but some are just making this so complicated. In the time each one of us has taken to comment/complain on CC it could have been done already, so simple.

It is my comment this person is talking about. I just said that people who feel that they are entitled and don't wish to follow the rules and then berate others for trying to help are like that. I never called them that.

I understand where this person is coming from, but Carnival is asking us to do this, even if it takes a spot away from general boarding. You can choose the latest time and show up early if you are priority, that is what we did a few weeks ago in New Orleans, chose the latest time available but were still able to check in with the rest of our party that chose the 11:00 check in time. Really simple.

Maybe Carnival will fix this to where we don't have to pick a time, but maybe they are waiting until it is in every port before they do a big change to the system.

I think it will be tweaked. But until then people should just do as asked. It's really a very quick thing to do.

At least you cooperated.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

From what I understand if you haven't picked a time, whether you are priority or not, Carnival will pick a time for you on embarkation morning. So the person that is just "planning on showing up because they are priority" will still have a time assigned anyway. At least until they make a change (which was mentioned) that priority doesn't have to pick a time.

OK, some logic here! Priority guests get other services that take time for the stewards to get ready for them. Choosing a time, tells the ship's personnel what time to expect these priority folks to be looking for a fully serviced cabin. If none of the priority guests choose a time - there is no order for the stewards to have the cabins prepared. Also, without those set times being reserved, other guests will be given those times and the ship will expect those people -then stir in 100+ priority guests who felt it wasn't necessary to give Carnival the heads up that they were arriving, it slows down the whole process and forces those who actually chose their time and were not priority, to wait while the priority guests get PRIORITY.

The priority cabins are always listed first on the cabin steward lists as these come out a few days prior to sailing (a steward showed me their list once with all priority guest cabins listed at the top... so that theory is not accurate (that they will delay in preparing a priority cabin just because of a chosen boarding time).

Some folks seem to want to be rebellious no matter how much we try to help and would rather wing it and throw the whole system off. ;) We tried.

OK, some logic here! Priority guests get other services that take time for the stewards to get ready for them. Choosing a time, tells the ship's personnel what time to expect these priority folks to be looking for a fully serviced cabin. If none of the priority guests choose a time - there is no order for the stewards to have the cabins prepared. Also, without those set times being reserved, other guests will be given those times and the ship will expect those people -then stir in 100+ priority guests who felt it wasn't necessary to give Carnival the heads up that they were arriving, it slows down the whole process and forces those who actually chose their time and were not priority, to wait while the priority guests get PRIORITY.

No.. just correcting a post that contained wrong info. Isn't that what cc is here for? To discuss issues and to present as accurate info as possible? Already said I selected the latest time so I did as I was told (even though it doesn't really matter) but saying that priority cabin cleaning g will be delayed or done early based on the selected arrival time and by priority guests not selecting a time it will mess up the whole system is blatantly false statement . I am just correcting that so other readers do not get incorrect info.