Qantum Class Dining Question

tashoz

I have logged on to look at our reservation and our cabins dining looks different to our childrens adjoining cabins reservation.

Dinner Seating: Traditional Dining 6:00 p.m. , No Waiting Lists

Dinner Seating: My Time Dining , No Waiting Lists

The travel agent said that we can dine wherever and whenever with this reservation. Is this correct? I would hope our reservation is the same as our 8 year old daughters.

Thanks everyone :)

I have logged on to look at our reservation and our cabins dining looks different to our childrens adjoining cabins reservation.

Dinner Seating: Traditional Dining 6:00 p.m. , No Waiting Lists

Dinner Seating: My Time Dining , No Waiting Lists

The travel agent said that we can dine wherever and whenever with this reservation. Is this correct? I would hope our reservation is the same as our 8 year old daughters.

Thanks everyone :)

It looks to me that you are in different dining sections. First decide if you want fixed (6pm) dining ot flexible (My Time). Then call the travel agent and have them change it so you are both on the same dining.

Thanks Bob. We usually like to have a set dining time of early. Can we still dine at different restaraunts each night if we have this one? If we have my time dining can we still go at 6pm each night?

Thanks Bob. We usually like to have a set dining time of early. Can we still dine at different restaraunts each night if we have this one? If we have my time dining can we still go at 6pm each night?

If you select the fixed seating, then it is "rotational". You will eat in each of the four complimentary restaurants in an order which will be assigned to you, and then you will repeat them in the same order.

Your waitstaff will travel with you to each restaurant.

On any night, you can opt out and go elsewhere for dinner: Specialty (for fee) restaurant, Solarium Bistro, Windjammer buffet, etc.

Thanks Merion_Mom. This is all new for us. We havent booked this type of dining before. :)

It's new on Royal Caribbean! Right now only the Anthem is using it. I assume that you have booked the Ovation? (oh, DUH. Just checked your signature. Ovation.)

Edited by Merion_Mom

I don't know why, but I thought that I had read that Quantum isn't. Thanks for the info.

:)

There's a slight difference in the operations on Quantum sailings in Asia.

They have the same fixed time, or unbooked MyTime Dining options as above. However, if doing fixed time, it doesn't rotate venues in a fixed order and have the same wait staff each night as per Anthem; it's just like MyTime where you can choose the venue at that time and get random table/staff.

The advantage over just taking MyTime without a time is that you avoid the massive queues that eventuate for that option. Straight through at your choice of venue.

I expect Ovation will operate in a similar way on Asian sailings; this is more a regional procedure than a ship procedure.

Hopefully I'm not confusing the issue, but I'm sailing on the Anthem in November, which is a Quantum class ship. While the cruise is still a while off, our reservations use the newer terminology of Dynamic Dining Choice (my time) or Dynamic Dining Classic (traditional). We wanted the My Time style and our reservations currently list that we have selected Dynamic Dining Choice.

Is this listing because we are a long way off from our sailing? ... I though the Quantum class ships are changing to the Dynamic Dining naming instead of My Time?

Edited by Brocktoon623

Hopefully I'm not confusing the issue, but I'm sailing on the Anthem in November, which is a Quantum class ship. While the cruise is still a while off, our reservations use the newer terminology of Dynamic Dining Choice (my time) or Dynamic Dining Classic (traditional). We wanted the My Time style and our reservations currently list that we have selected Dynamic Dining Choice.

Is this listing because we are a long way off from our sailing? ... I though the Quantum class ships are changing to the Dynamic Dining naming instead of My Time?

You have it right. Quantum class uses DD - and Choice approximates MTD on other ships but it is called DD Choice on Anthem.

... Is this listing because we are a long way off from our sailing? ... I though the Quantum class ships are changing to the Dynamic Dining naming instead of My Time?

Anthem is definitely doing Dynamic Dining, but it's possible that the other Quantum ships in Asia will be doing a different type of dining arrangement.

Thanks everyone for your responses. When I first made the booking the booking said "dynamic dining" but then it changed to MyTime and traditional. They have now changed us to "my time". We have lost our booking for traditional time. We booked the day of release and got the fixed dining time but they mucked it up and now we have lost it :( I hope we don't have to queue too much.

Thanks everyone for your responses. When I first made the booking the booking said "dynamic dining" but then it changed to MyTime and traditional. They have now changed us to "my time". We have lost our booking for traditional time. We booked the day of release and got the fixed dining time but they mucked it up and now we have lost it :( I hope we don't have to queue too much.

You can still make reservations. You're no longer locked into 6pm, you can book any restaurant at any time

• 2 weeks later...

My booking is still saying "Dinner Seating: My Time Dining , 6:00 p.m. Traditional Dining Waiting List"

I think it should read Dynamic Dining. Im hoping I can make booking with this type of dining preference.

I apologize if this is a silly or redundant question.. We will be on the Anthem in June, scheduled for "Dynamic Dining Classic" with a seating time of 6:00 p.m. (see photo). I seem to remember reading on another thread that 6:00 will become 5:30 once we are actually on board. Can anyone that has sailed on Anthem confirm the correct time for the early seating? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1456303163.431723.jpg.ae412b468710cde8b5929b20cd9a5aca.jpg

I apologize if this is a silly or redundant question.. We will be on the Anthem in June, scheduled for "Dynamic Dining Classic" with a seating time of 6:00 p.m. (see photo). I seem to remember reading on another thread that 6:00 will become 5:30 once we are actually on board. Can anyone that has sailed on Anthem confirm the correct time for the early seating? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was on the Anthem from January 15-February 6.

Dynamic Dining Choice 1 was at 5:30.

If you aren't doing dynamic classic, with the fixed seating times, I would recommend making your reservations as soon as they become available for your sailing. Otherwise, you may not get to eat where and when you want. I've read on other forums about some people without reservations even being turned away because all times were taken at a particular venue. YMMV of course.

My booking is still saying "Dinner Seating: My Time Dining , 6:00 p.m. Traditional Dining Waiting List"

I think it should read Dynamic Dining. Im hoping I can make booking with this type of dining preference.

That means you are down for dynamic dining classic.

You don't need to make a booking as, if it follows the Anthem route, you will be provided with a sequenced list of restaurants to go through with the same table and waiter, at that time each day.

The reason it displays that is that it is based in China, where dining operates on a hybrid. That notation means that you can choose any restaurant at that time.

Edited by The_Big_M