Just off Equinox, happy to answer questions

asnaleah

Not sure how you figure this. The 11 night is Monday to the following Friday, the 10 night is Friday to the following Monday. We embarked at #18 on a Monday (Jan 11) and disembarked on a Friday (Jan 22) at #18. Very smooth for us.

Agreed. These two 10 & 11 day itineraries will have Equinox docking on Mondays and Fridays, so pier 18 should usually be available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dutrie, you say you used valet service. I thought it was only good for flights after 11AM. Would be great but I doubt it. We have a 10:10AM flight. Thoughts about walking off. We are TSA approved and will check in day before.

Sad about not meeting Capt Leo. My second time missing him. Missed him one week on the Summit:mad: Oh well. Maybe next up on the Equinox. Anyone know who will be taking his place till he returns?

Glad you all enjoyed the ship. Looking forward to getting out of frigid NJ!!:eek:

Dutrie, you say you used valet service. I thought it was only good for flights after 11AM. Would be great but I doubt it. We have a 10:10AM flight. Thoughts about walking off. We are TSA approved and will check in day before.

Take the "Express depature" and walk off the ship with your own luggage if you have a 10:10 flight.

We will be aboard March 4 Eastern Caribbean 10-day sailing. Here are my questions:

1. Any difficulty finding open pool deck lounge chairs mid-morning on sunny sea days? How about at the Solarium pool?

2. Was there a breakfast buffet option available in the MDR in addition to ordering off the menu? (We had this option on RCCL Allure of the Seas last year and it was much preferable to the regular Oceanview buffet.)

3. Many kids on board? (I would expect not since schools were in session, unless parents took them out.)

Thanks.

I too was on the Equinox Feb 1 sailing. Captain Leo is amazing. We spoke with him and had our pic taken with him. Such a gentlemen and so funny. He was so visible throughout the cruise and involved in many of the shows (we saw them all!). If you are lucky, you'll have Alejandro as your cruise director. Believe he's on the next couple cruises. He was hysterical and kept us laughing throughout the week. Done almost 20 cruises and Captain Leo and Alejandro were the best we've ever had. We enjoyed all the shows, those young people in the production shows do a great job, whether you like the shows or not. If you are lucky you'll also be entertained by Jayne Curry. She was a fabulous and funny singer. Food and service were great. Our only negatives were the shore excursions and some of the extremely rude guests on board. It amazes me how some think they are the only ones on vacation. An almost fight broke out between some folks who were fighting over pool chairs they were saving. People!!! Other than those minor issues, our cruise was fabulous and this was our second time on the Equinox. We did the 10 night last year. My hubby wore his tux on "chic" nights and I wore my cocktail dresses. We enjoy dressing up and saw many others who did as well. I only saw one or two guys in jeans. Sorry, I just don't think jeans should be worn on a celebrity cruise. You might be better suited on another cruise line if you want to dress down that much. Just my two cents. Overall I noticed "mostly" very nice dressers every night.

We will be aboard March 4 Eastern Caribbean 10-day sailing. Here are my questions:

1. Any difficulty finding open pool deck lounge chairs mid-morning on sunny sea days? How about at the Solarium pool?

2. Was there a breakfast buffet option available in the MDR in addition to ordering off the menu? (We had this option on RCCL Allure of the Seas last year and it was much preferable to the regular Oceanview buffet.)

3. Many kids on board? (I would expect not since schools were in session, unless parents took them out.)

Thanks.

There were lounge issues on the main pool deck, but there were lounges available on 14. No problem at the Solarium.

Less than 10 children.

We did not go to the MDR.

Enjoy!

Do you have celebrity today! For me . I like petanqeu Or jeu le boule is that on board.

I read about picknick when can we do that?

Its our first time cruise with Celebrity equinox We have free time diner then you must sit upstairs . Can we changed this in a One time start diner.

We did not get the bevaregged when We booked. Is it possible too get that on board when We Say We booked when there was big , bigger best campaine.

Can you tell me where We can best breakfast. And is Coffee , tea, and water included.

A lot of Question I think and may be you can answers a few.

We have a room on the backside of the ship on deck 7 We are with friends . Is it possible that the balcony ' connected.

Best regards Billieholiday

Thank you so much for the answer to my question but geeze what a bummer. I was so looking forward to sailing with him. Hopefully perhaps another time........

Sincerely,

JoAnne

Can I ask? Is the ship safer with him? Do you arrive earlier? Later? Is it more smoother? Is the atmosphere better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people like certain captains. Capt Leo is one of them. He is personable and charming. Capt Demitrios is another one, as is his brother. I am sure there are others but think all captains are competent (rethinking about Anthems captain:)

Enjoy cruising and sailing the seas!!

The menu had Bordeaux by the glass, but it was not on board. Enjoy your cruise!

It never is onboard but always on the menu! Annoying as heck!!! They should be ashamed to say they have a world class wine list. Modern luxury NOT!:eek::eek:

Hello, I'll try to answer some of your questions the best I can.:) I sailed aboard the Equinox twice in the past 10 months.

Its our first time cruise with Celebrity equinox We have free time diner then you must sit upstairs . Can we changed this in a One time start diner.

If you desire to change your dining time to the traditional first or second seating in the main dining room, you should contact the Maitre d' in the main dining room on embarkation day to change the time. Make sure that your traveling companions accompany you so that you will all be assigned to the same table.

We did not get the bevaregged when We booked. Is it possible too get that on board when We Say We booked when there was big , bigger best campaine.

It is best to contact Celebrity directly and ask. There are two beverage packages offered...the Classic Beverage Package, or the more expensive Premium Beverage Package.

Can you tell me where We can best breakfast.

If you booked an Aqua Class stateroom, your assigned dining room, Blu, also serves breakfast each morning. They usually close at 0900.

If the main dining room (MDR) is serving breakfast, that is another excellent option. The food is great and you will be seated and served.

The Oceanview Buffet has a very good selection of breakfast items.

They even serve a full English Breakfast. Also an omelette station where they will cook your omelette as you like it.

They serve until 1100, in case you overslept.:)

The disadvantage of the buffet is that it is often crowded & difficult to find an available table.

And is Coffee , tea, and water included.

Yes, they are all included. The coffee is Americano, & the water is still tap water. If you want bottled water, still or sparkling, it will be charged to your onboard account unless you booked a beverage package.

Bon Voyage!:)

Thank you ver much.

Do you now where I can find daily programm and menu.

Do you have a nice idea too Cozumel, panama, cartagena. We self have a adres in limon with your lucky tour.

kind of movie did they show.

Best regards

We did this itinerary last year and found lots of information on the ports of call board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5. We took a private tour in Cartagena with others off our roll call, so it's worth checking to see if there are private excursion places still available on your particular sailing - pop over to the roll call listing for Equinox and look for your date ;).

The TV movies change all the time so difficult to say what will be showing when you sail ;).

You are correct about about the valet service. We had a 12:45 flight but walked off early because other members of our group were leaving then. The six of us shared a ride to the airport. It turned out great because we breezed right through customs, got a taxi immediately, and had no lines at security at the airport. Granted, we had a fairly long wait at the airport, but at least we had free internet!!

The valet service is worth every penny. We put our bags out at night and didn't have to deal with them until we arrived home. No moving luggage down elevators, thru customs or into and out of taxis and thru the airport.

I'm sailing March 25th and had a few questions for the Equinox "alums":

Did they offer a spa pass for your entire sailing and, if so, do you recall the price?

There are several culinary-themed shore excursions listed in the cruise planner - has anyone taken them and if so, do you have any recommendations? I know I could do some of the same activities independently but as a solo woman traveler I'd just as soon let X take care of things.

Thanks in advance!

Liz

Thank you ver much.

You are very welcome.:)

Do you now where I can find daily programm and menu.

Once you are on board the ship, you may look at the daily dinner menus that are posted outside of the dining room entrance any time throughout the day.

For breakfast and lunch, they serve the same items every day. But there are many choices so that you may choose one on different days. I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict. They usually have Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon...equally delicious if that is your preference.

Do you have a nice idea too Cozumel, panama, cartagena.

Cozumel...anything beach related. I find the water temperature rather cool for my liking during December and April.:eek: I like it bath water warm.

But you Europeans are more tolerant than I am, so I am sure you will enjoy swimming in the Caribbean.

Panama: We did not join any shore excursions here, because we did not want to be away from the ship all day. That is our preference, but would recommend taking an excursion to see the locks.

Cartagena: We joined a Celebrity shore excursion which was a horse drawn carriage ride through the old city on Christmas Day. It was 95 F and very humid. I was very impressed how they took care of the horses by stopping frequently to rest them.

The old city is very beautiful and I recommend visiting it regardless of the type of excursion you join.

Please be warned that the tour guides in Cartagena get 20% of every emerald sale that is made in a shop that they bring a tourist into. They ALL do this, I was told. Even ours did. It is recommended that you attend the ship's port talk for Cartagena to learn more about this.

You did not mention if you will be visiting Belize. If you are, I highly recommend booking a snorkeling excursion even if you do not know how to snorkel. Lessons are given to beginners, and the snorkeling equipment is provided...all included in the tour price. Also, the equipment is well sanitized.

We booked through Celebrity and it was so much fun! Because the ship is anchored in the harbor rather than docked, the catamaran picks up the snorkelers right off the ship.

Rum punch was served after the snorkeling was completed...all you wish to drink and included in the tour price. It was the best & strongest rum punch I ever drank in my whole life.

You will see the second largest coral reef in the world, right after Australia's Great Barrier Reef. And the water temperature is to my liking...much warmer than Cozumel during December and April.:D

Can I ask? Is the ship safer with him? Do you arrive earlier? Later? Is it more smoother? Is the atmosphere better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Leo is fun, friendly and enjoys talking to passengers. Many Captains are rather elusive and very unfriendly. We were looking forward to sailing with a Captain that was approachable. Sorry if my remarks offended you in anyway sir.

JoAnne

Of course Captain Leo doesn't arrive any earlier or make the ship safer (although that is difficult to judge as a passenger); but the entire mood of the ship during our cruise was better than many I have experienced. I attribute this to the captain.

I found Captain Leo to be very professional, yet friendly, accessible and very funny. He gave one of the best lectures on how the ship moves that I have attended. He did it himself rather than assigning the task to another officer.

I am convinced the captain makes a difference. He/she is the one in charge and the captain's attitude and expectations filter down thru the crew. I have never been on a cruise where the crew was so anxious to please and make sure the passengers were more than satisfied with every aspect of their vacation.

It never is onboard but always on the menu! Annoying as heck!!! They should be ashamed to say they have a world class wine list. Modern luxury NOT!:eek::eek:

I'll see if this is still the case in early March. Something tells me I should not get my hopes up!

Those kinds of things can be frustrating. It's not just the thought that counts in this case!!

Tom

Of course Captain Leo doesn't arrive any earlier or make the ship safer (although that is difficult to judge as a passenger); but the entire mood of the ship during our cruise was better than many I have experienced. I attribute this to the captain.

I found Captain Leo to be very professional, yet friendly, accessible and very funny. He gave one of the best lectures on how the ship moves that I have attended. He did it himself rather than assigning the task to another officer.

I am convinced the captain makes a difference. He/she is the one in charge and the captain's attitude and expectations filter down thru the crew. I have never been on a cruise where the crew was so anxious to please and make sure the passengers were more than satisfied with every aspect of their vacation.

I've been on a few sailings where I detected an improved atmosphere stemming from the (great respect the staff had for the) Hotel Director, and I'm sure the Captain can have this effect too.

Tom