zuiderdam part 2 my review.

Watson's aunt

Hi

Ok my review. Any cruise on a Hal ship is good. I was very very surprised how the quality of the food. I ate all my meals in the MDR. know meals are different to different people I am easy to please give me some meat and potatoes and I am happy camper. The steak (lover of steak) was worse . The steak was like you would get at a Denny's or lesser restaurant. The steaks were like 1/2 inch. But my biggest disappoint was the rack of lamb. If you go back and look at my reviews about the lamb and how I raved about the meal. Well something happened to rack of lamb. I was give two chops the chops had maybe a quarter piece of meat. I am being generous.

The internet what a waste of money. I spent more time trying to get connected than I did checking mail and posting. Save your money. The staff person was not very helpful and seemed I was bothering her.

But these are not big things. I loved my cruise. I met some wonderful people. I would go back in a second. The staff are wonderful this is why I travel on hal.

IMO Hal is still the best.

Thank you for your thoughts. I do not need a walker. I simplify just tripped and fell

Mary

Thanks for your report, Mary. I, too, loved the Zuiderdam though I really enjoyed the MDR meals. I think the quality of meat may have dropped since then, though, going by more recent reports. Glad you enjoyed your cruise, and yes, the Zuiderdam staff and crew are great.:)

Hi

The internet what a waste of money. I spent more time trying to get connected than I did checking mail and posting. Save your money. The staff person was not very helpful and seemed I was bothering her.

Mary

I've read where there are different plans on various ships. Which plan does the Zuiderdam use? I really dislike hearing how it worked.

Thanks for writing a review.

Thanks for the review. I sailed on Zuiderdam in the Med last September and had no problems using the Internet. I wonder what affects the service to make it so different on another cruise? Glad you enjoyed your trip. I love Zuiderdam too.

Mary - I would also like to know which internet plan you had on your cruise and what was available to choose from. I asked this question on another thread but not sure what the Zuiderdam is currently using. It is my understanding if you get unlimited you don't have to worry about wasting minutes connecting or whatever as you are only losing your time not your minutes! I am also under the assumption the closer you are to the signal strength the better and I sure know that is true at my house - the nearer the router the faster. Plus perhaps one can get a better connection on an iPad than laptop because of their process or whatever. Let us know! Thanks! DonnaB

FYI...re: Internet...do the "free log in " first to the NY Times..if that connects fast you are good to go...if not, don't bother. Also, time of day makes a diff...don't bother if you can't get on before 8 am or after 9pm...5:30 am works great on all ships. [emoji3]

Sorry about the food...we've found it changes from ship to ship a lot, so it can't be due to the same supplier. Did 3 different cruises all in a row from Ft. L and quality was different on each...go figure. One had great desserts which was new and different (and bad!)...usually can pass them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by janmcn