The New Princess Luxury Bed

DeRon

If Princess had truly designed a better pillowtop mattress like they first promoted on the Royal in 2013, then we'd all have a comfortable mattress instead of waiting for another couple of years for all ships to have them. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

Does anyone have any idea about.... You know how Princess replaces mattresses as needed on their ships? For the ships that have far future dates for changing out the mattresses, does anyone know if they will be using the new mattresses when they change mattresses as needed? I hope this question makes sense. For example, the Island Princess is not scheduled for all the beds to be changed until 2018. I have to assume some mattresses will likely be changed just by typical wear before that time. Anyone know if they will use the new mattresses for that?

On the site:

*The Princess Luxury Bed will debut on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess and Coral Princess in February 2016, followed by Sun Princess (Apr 2016), Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Golden Princess (Apr 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Diamond Princess does not get the new mattress

Im confused, why dont all the ships get them? :confused:

It's odd that the Diamond is not on the list unless they got new beds during the major overhaul before deploying to Asia.

The Princess website about the new bedding says "And with over 44,000 beds rolling out to every stateroom across the fleet through 2018" but it also does not list the Diamond. :confused:

• 8 months later...

It is now November, and I presume this means that many of the new luxury beds have been installed. Can anyone confirm whether they are also installed on the upper bunks in quad shares?

"The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess and Sun Princess and will debut on board Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Golden Princess (Oct 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change."

Will be on the Ruby Princess April 2017. Does this mean the new mattresses are in every cabin or just the Ruby's Club mini's? Our mattress on the Crown in October was so bad, we're considering spending the extra $$ for a Club mini.

Will be on the Ruby Princess April 2017. Does this mean the new mattresses are in every cabin or just the Ruby's Club mini's? Our mattress on the Crown in October was so bad, we're considering spending the extra $$ for a Club mini.

Based on this Princess statement the Luxury Bed will be in all cabins: "That's why we've collaborated with leading experts in both the science and beauty of sleep to develop the new Princess Luxury Bed, rolling out over 44,000 beds to every stateroom across the fleet for the most comfortable night of sleep at sea.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 3 months later...
The Princess Luxury Bed will debut on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess and Coral Princess in February 2016, followed by Sun Princess (Apr 2016), Grand Princess (Dec 2016), Caribbean Princess (Mar 2017), Golden Princess (Apr 2017), Pacific Princess (May 2017), Sea Princess and Star Princess (Nov 2017), Royal Princess (Feb 2018), Sapphire Princess (Mar 2018), Regal Princess (Apr 2018), Crown Princess (Apr 2018) and Island Princess (Apr 2018). Please note this schedule is subject to change.

It was noted by recent cruisers/posts here on CC that the Emerald still had some old beds after her recent dry dock.

So there is no way to know if the entire ship was changed out or if its still an ongoing process.

I will be doing a quick review of our cruise on the Star Princess very soon. We were on a 15 day Hawaii cruise out of LA.

We have done 21 cruises and have liked the Princess "product" for some time now. Previous to our five Princess cruises, we sailed predominantly with HAL, and then a couple of times with Celebrity, and more recently (a one week Nov. Carib cruise) with NCL.

Only with Princess have we found it a useless task to get a stateroom with a real honest to goodness quality mattress. I wonder, are the new mattresses being put in only the suite stateroom category? We always book a balcony and we have yet to find a good bed in our stateroom.

I read from the post above that the new mattresses would arrive on the Star Princess in Nov. 2017. However, as of late January that has not happened. The mattress in our stateroom was shameful! Seriously, my husband is not a complainer at all and he mentioned to me the 2" dip in the mattress. Personally, I could feel the springs with a light touch of my hand!

Seriously, this is a deal breaker for me and my husband. Actually my husband has a sore shoulder and he found the mattress highly uncomfortable. To me, visually, it looked little better than a "flop house" mattress (whatever that might look like)

I do know, that a couple of years ago, I rented a day room in Ft. Lauderdale after a cruise (do to a late flight out) The motel had that kind of "divey feel", but I can tell you that that mattress was far better than the one we had in our stateroom.

If we ever do another Princess cruise, I will make sure that our TA is able to ensure that we have a new mattress in our stateroom and that there is documentation that that has been done. Sleep is important, and I am sooooo disappointed that Princess thinks that they can pawn off these horrible mattresses for their pax to sleep on!

Fifteen days without decent sleep is asking for too much. Everything else about Princess I totally love...

I will be doing a quick review of our cruise on the Star Princess very soon. We were on a 15 day Hawaii cruise out of LA.

We have done 21 cruises and have liked the Princess "product" for some time now. Previous to our five Princess cruises, we sailed predominantly with HAL, and then a couple of times with Celebrity, and more recently (a one week Nov. Carib cruise) with NCL.

Only with Princess have we found it a useless task to get a stateroom with a real honest to goodness quality mattress. I wonder, are the new mattresses being put in only the suite stateroom category? We always book a balcony and we have yet to find a good bed in our stateroom.

I read from the post above that the new mattresses would arrive on the Star Princess in Nov. 2017. However, as of late January that has not happened. The mattress in our stateroom was shameful! Seriously, my husband is not a complainer at all and he mentioned to me the 2" dip in the mattress. Personally, I could feel the springs with a light touch of my hand!

Seriously, this is a deal breaker for me and my husband. Actually my husband has a sore shoulder and he found the mattress highly uncomfortable. To me, visually, it looked little better than a "flop house" mattress (whatever that might look like)

I do know, that a couple of years ago, I rented a day room in Ft. Lauderdale after a cruise (do to a late flight out) The motel had that kind of "divey feel", but I can tell you that that mattress was far better than the one we had in our stateroom.

If we ever do another Princess cruise, I will make sure that our TA is able to ensure that we have a new mattress in our stateroom and that there is documentation that that has been done. Sleep is important, and I am sooooo disappointed that Princess thinks that they can pawn off these horrible mattresses for their pax to sleep on!

Fifteen days without decent sleep is asking for too much. Everything else about Princess I totally love...

It's not Nov 2017 yet........:confused:

It's not Nov 2017 yet........:confused:

Thanks for that catch! I have been home for a week now. Seriously sleep deprived from that cruise (sadly).

Yes, it looks to be NEXT November! :p I guess before I book a cruise, I will need to see if that particular Princess ship has the new mattresses aboard.

Not going to go "through that again"......

PS...caught a terrible sore throat virus that is still with me. Lack of sleep likely contributed. Ahhh, that is another story. Like I said, I will post a review either today or tomorrow.

Thanks for that catch! I have been home for a week now. Seriously sleep deprived from that cruise (sadly).

Yes, it looks to be NEXT November! :p I guess before I book a cruise, I will need to see if that particular Princess ship has the new mattresses aboard.

Not going to go "through that again"......

PS...caught a terrible sore throat virus that is still with me. Lack of sleep likely contributed. Ahhh, that is another story. Like I said, I will post a review either today or tomorrow.

Get some rest!

We were on the Regal a couple weeks ago in a Club Class cabin so we had the new bed (although the cabin attendant said that the mattress was changed many weeks earlier). Anyway, not big fans, too soft for us, woke up every morning with back aches.

We were on the Regal a couple weeks ago in a Club Class cabin so we had the new bed (although the cabin attendant said that the mattress was changed many weeks earlier). Anyway, not big fans, too soft for us, woke up every morning with back aches.

Sorry for your discomfort.

If one visits a mattress store, there are hundreds of mattress choices -- soft, firm, foam, pillow-top, etc.

Why would anyone think that Princess will suddenly discover some mattress panacea that delights all cruisers?

• 1 month later...

Be Aware. If buying/ordering a Princess Luxury bed they charge your Credit Card at the time of order. They say 4-6 weeks for delivery. It is now over 8 weeks, going on 9 weeks and they cannot tell us when the bed will be delivered. They don't know where all these beds are, direct quote. Many calls, no help. Princess Cruise Line is not involved with the purchase and they cannot help.

• 2 months later...

Victor did you get your bed and how long did it take? The website now says 6-8 weeks for the order. We just had a Ruby Princess cruise to Alaska and I have to say I LOVED the bed and seriously slept like a baby. The pillows too and I'm very picky. I'm thinking of replacing my bed with this Princess mattress. Reading what you just wrote, concerns me about ordering.

Hi Victor....was wondering if you got your bed in the end and how long it took. The website now says 6-8 weeks. We just returned from Ruby Princess and we both couldn't believe how wonderful the bed was. Slept great and even liked the pillows...and I am picky on pillows. Please let me know if you would as I'm thinking of ordering. It is a good price.

Hi Harpcat. We were told we were one of the first to order the bed and bedding package. It was ordered on Jan 28th and our credit card was charged that day. We received the mattress and box spring on April 6th. We were told that the bedding was on backorder and would be sent later. The bedding arrived on June 20th. The company handling the order was as perplexed as we were as how long it was taking. Princess Cruise Lines is not involved in this process. At first they had no idea were the beds were, problems with the shipper. After the bed arrived and we were waiting for the bedding they kept us informed on a regular basis-again a shipper problem. They offered to cancel at any time and credit our card. All that being said, the bed and bedding was worth the wait. We love it and I feel it is the same quality as what we experienced on ship. Have patience, not my strong suit. ;p

I really hope that schedule changes so that new beds are on the Star for our Alaska cruise next year. I almost didn't book with Princess because I heard the beds were so bad, and my mom has back issues, but I was told new beds were coming. :(

I could switch to the Coral, but the dates are wrong for when we need to travel. Darn! I thought I had this figured out and it was just a matter of waiting. BOO!:(

Ask your TA to order a pillow top.