affordable excursions for hawaii off the ships

smilesalot1

I am looking for reputable excursions for the Hawaii ports off the ship that you dont have to worry about getting to where the excursions pick you up and that are not as expensive as on the ships.

It's a bit confusing here as, according to your posting history, your Hawaii cruise was last month. Do you have another Hawaii cruise coming up? If so, when will it be and what sort of sights would you like to see on each island?

Just a little reading on the board finds the common recommendation for Roberts on several islands, and a couple of specific vendors on some of the islands.

You can also rent a car, and do some sightseeing on your own very easily at most ports.

"Affordable" is a rather vague term, and Hawaii is not cheap. I would say renting a car is the most "affordable" option. That is why it is discussed here so frequently.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Suggest using the search box at the top of the Hawaii forum page - enter the word "Tours" and it will provide a link to threads discussing tours.

Agree with the suggestion to consider renting cars in some ports.

Which ports are you going to?

• 4 months later...

I have written to them three times with zero response.

While their product looks good, I am leary to do business with anyone who is non responsive to potential customers.

I know I could "call" and probably get immediate response, but being a bit up in years and hard of hearing, phone conversations and I just do not get along.

I am always amazed at companies who go to the expense of having a web site, with How to Contact pages, which never seem to be monitored or responded to.

I'll rescind this once I get a response, if ever.

While their product looks good, I am leary to do business with anyone who is non responsive to potential customers.

I know I could "call" and probably get immediate response, but being a bit up in years and hard of hearing, phone conversations and I just do not get along.

I am always amazed at companies who go to the expense of having a web site, with How to Contact pages, which never seem to be monitored or responded to.

I followed advice given multiple times on these boards and booked my upcoming shore excursions with Roberts. While I did call them to be sure I got everything right the first time after the call I had a question I'd forgotten to ask. Emailed them and had a response in about 15 minutes.

Maybe you aren't using the correct contact info?

• 4 months later...

If you are not getting a response when you use the "contact us" form on the website, see if there is an email address that you can use to email them directly. I have had several tour operators tell me that those contact forms on their websites don't always work well. I have had some tour guides/operators not respond to messages using those forms and respond very quickly when I used their direct email, so it seems to be accurate. I am leery of using those forms now, and would rather just email directly. You can usually find a direct email address on the guide's website.

I think it's likely that Into Cruising has sailed by now, but on the chance he hasn't,, and for anyone else having this problem, make sure you are looking at the shore excursion section on the Roberts website rather than the general excursions available for those on a land vacation. You can plug in your ship and boarding date, and a list of available excursions for each of your ports will display for booking. I found two email addresses, Reservations@robertshawaii.com and shoreex@robertshawaii.com. Probably the latter one for those on a cruise.

Edited by punkincc