Live from the Liberty

dodgersmom

We are onboard now--deck 9 inside--and our mattress is great. We did have an egg crate topper already on the bed when we boarded. Love the pillows--some thick, some thin--room steward is fabulous. We have eaten all but 1 night with MTD--there have been lines each night--best to show up 15 mins before reservation time. Ate in Sabor--not thinking $ is worth it, but it was a nice experience and decent food.

Would someone please tell me if LB is still requiring seapass to check out towels, or if you can just go pick them up? In December, they were requiring seapass check out. Also, are D+ still being allowed in the Suite Lounge this week? Is the card reader on the door yet?

The production shows are awesome. Saturday Night Fever is long, but worth every minute. The acrobatics in the Air show we we amazing.

Hello! Appreciate all your thoughts! I had a question about this comment though. Any idea how long the Saturday Night Fever show is? We were going to try to make the early show since it's reported to be less crowded and I am wondering when would be a safe time after to make a MTD reservation.

I'm one to go to all the shows but I am especially looking forward to these two plus the ice show!

Edited by YadaYadaJodi

I thought I saw in the compass on another thread that SNF is 92 minutes.

Sorry, asking because I don't know the scoop...what's wrong with MTD being on Deck 3?

Selfishly (freely admit it!) that is our favorite level and we do traditional.

BUT - it doesn't make sense because the main staircase is where the waiters do their "thing" a few nights and the best view is that level. Since the "performance" is tied to traditional dining, it doesn't make sense for traditional diners to have to stop eating and go stand along the railway to see them. Another poster mentioned that the tables are so close together - that means wait staff is constantly in motion instead of "in sync".

It will be interesting to hear the reports on this.

Hello! Appreciate all your thoughts! I had a question about this comment though. Any idea how long the Saturday Night Fever show is? We were going to try to make the early show since it's reported to be less crowded and I am wondering when would be a safe time after to make a MTD reservation.

I'm one to go to all the shows but I am especially looking forward to these two plus the ice show!

Saturday Night Fever is almost a 2 hour show. Long but very worth it. And yes, get there early for a good seat. Ice show is also very good.

I've never been to these places except Cozumel, are the ports any good, what is there to do, etc, any pictures?

I am about to go on my 6th cruise and only the 3rd 7 day cruise so I don't have a lot of port experience but.... Belize and Roatan have been my absolute favorite excursions so far! I went with my DD and she had a fabulous time too!

For perspective, I was a 52 yr old overweight female (still overweight just not 52 anymore :rolleyes:) and she was a petite almost-21 yr old.

Belize - we did Cave Tubing with cavetubing bz

Fabulous time - lots of good information during drive, nature walk to river, nicer tubes, fewer in group and longer float trip than cruise-sponsored tour.

My DD still talks about delicious lunch afterwards using their grandmother's recipe.

When I say fewer in group, we were actually late getting off ship - not recommended! - and they had gotten tired of waiting for us so prior group went ahead and left. Therefore it wound up being just me & DD and a guide! Talk about special treatment!

After lunch, they sent us back to ship with prior group which turned out to be just a family of four - who, guess what! - turned out to be from our Roll Call!!

Roatan - we did the Zip and Dip Tour with South Shore Zipline. We had heard on Cruise Critic that the ziplining was better in Roatan than Belize. They had a lot of lines! We were in a small group with a family of four and 2 guides. We had another fabulous time! Again, informative drive from port. It was both of our first time ziplining! It won't be our last! We enjoyed the beach afterwards too.

Edited by YadaYadaJodi
More details

Would someone please tell me if LB is still requiring seapass to check out towels, or if you can just go pick them up? In December, they were requiring seapass check out. Also, are D+ still being allowed in the Suite Lounge this week? Is the card reader on the door yet?

Yes we still need to show sea pass to check out towels. I really think it's not real, they just scan your cards for appearance so you return them.

I do believe D+ can use the suite lounge. We have been in the Diamond lounge every night and never had an issue finding a seat. Still have not even met the concierge. He just sits behind the desk. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we still need to show sea pass to check out towels. I really think it's not real, they just scan your cards for appearance so you return them.

When I cruised on the Oasis last year, we took our pool towels back to our room once and they were simply collected from our room when they cleaned it up.

Is Tidal Wave open yet?

No. Hearing it may be a few months. The contractor has not yet even released it to RC so technically they do not even own it yet. Apparently there are issues with the landing area. The other slides are open. Try the green one at night, it is very cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. Hearing it may be a few months. The contractor has not yet even released it to RC so technically they do not even own it yet. Apparently there are issues with the landing area. The other slides are open. Try the green one at night, it is very cool

A few months? :eek: I need it ready by April 24th.

I will definitely try the night run. Thanks for the reply.

The card reader is installed, but not being used this week. I understand that they will start using it on Sunday, the 21st.

Yes, the suite lounge on deck 14 is currently open to Suite, Pinnacle, and Diamond +.

thanks for the cupcake and cafe updates...

i did the cupcake on the allure and was fun. We are going in may and it's not available to book online. maybe closer to time we sail.

Thanks for all the good information and have fun on the rest of your cruise!!!:):):)

Just cause it may be there and hiding from you in an unexpected place. In the cruise planner, it's not under dining but under the one that's labeled something like activities. It's to the right of the logo in the middle.

We tried Liberty two years ago and wasn't impressed. We did a back-to-back cruise - first with Regal Princess followed by Liberty. Big mistake. Should have stayed at Regal Princess instead.

The food at Liberty was terrible, too much MSG. The buffet food was bad with limited selection. Sticky floor everywhere.

However, the shows were good especially the figure skating show which was better than the one at Oasis of the Seas. We watched the figure skating show twice and got our cruise money back. The dancing floor on deck 2 (or deck 3) was terrible. So sticky that we can't dance. No one will clean the floor. The staff just didn't care. They only cared to sell you drink.

We were bored on the Liberty at sea. After Liberty, we have been hesitating to go back to Royal Caribbean's ships. Food quality and service are our main concerns.

Towels had to be checked out on Allure a week ago. I believe that is the system again. I suppose the honour system didn't work when they stopped checking them out on the Sea Pass Cards.:rolleyes:

We tried Liberty two years ago and wasn't impressed. We did a back-to-back cruise - first with Regal Princess followed by Liberty. Big mistake. Should have stayed at Regal Princess instead.

The food at Liberty was terrible, too much MSG. The buffet food was bad with limited selection. Sticky floor everywhere.

However, the shows were good especially the figure skating show which was better than the one at Oasis of the Seas. We watched the figure skating show twice and got our cruise money back. The dancing floor on deck 2 (or deck 3) was terrible. So sticky that we can't dance. No one will clean the floor. The staff just didn't care. They only cared to sell you drink.

We were bored on the Liberty at sea. After Liberty, we have been hesitating to go back to Royal Caribbean's ships. Food quality and service are our main concerns.

If you love Princess so much, why are you here on RCCL?

So sorry you had a bad time of it. In our case, the floors on Liberty and on all our other RCCL cruises have been always spotless...the food has been good with some hits and misses and no MSG in our food. This will be our third time on Liberty. Good for us, hugh?:D

Sorry you had a bad experience...two years ago. :rolleyes:

Liberty has been refurbished and I can almost guarantee not a single crew member from 2 years ago remains on her.

Food is subjective and one of my least concerns when choosing cruising as my vacation option.

Ruh-roh. I prefer a firm mattress but DW prefers something akin to a pillowtop. So she usually needs a topper. If they don't have any on board any more, we'll need to consider bringing one along in November.

Thanks for the heads up.

I thought I had read in a different thread that people get around this by asking the cabin attendant to put an extra quilt down under the fitted sheet.