Live from the Liberty

dodgersmom

No luck. Our steward said they were all removed during the refurb. Either they are getting better or I am getting more used to them. Slept great last night.

Ruh-roh. I prefer a firm mattress but DW prefers something akin to a pillowtop. So she usually needs a topper. If they don't have any on board any more, we'll need to consider bringing one along in November.

Thanks for the heads up.

Moopet Guy. I sent an email to RCCL and got answer back the next day. They told me there would be toppers on our beds on embarkation day. We had mattresses on Navigator that were so hard my hips actually hurt which I mentioned in my email to them. Hard beds do not bother my roommate so if she doesn't want one after all I will have steward put an additional one on my bed. It surprises me that RCCL does not care about how their mattresses are. Hotels and other cruise lines make a point of playing up their wonderful beds.

Edited by sugcarol

Moopet Guy. I sent an email to RCCL and got answer back the next day. They told me there would be toppers on our beds on embarkation day. We had mattresses on Navigator that were so hard my hips actually hurt which I mentioned in my email to them. Hard beds do not bother my roommate so if she doesn't want one after all I will have steward put it on my bed.

Thanks -- I will submit a request to Special Needs for the sake of my wife's hips :) Hopefully dodgersmom got bad information from the cabin steward and mattress toppers will be available after all.

Thanks -- I will submit a request to Special Needs for the sake of my wife's hips :) Hopefully dodgersmom got bad information from the cabin steward and mattress toppers will be available after all.

Special Needs got back to me very quickly today after I submitted the form yesterday night and said:

"Kindly be advised we will place a padded mattress topper in your stateroom on embarkation day."

:)

Roatan today. Had a blast zip lining. Rode the slide a few more times and am going to try the flow rider at 4. Old age be damned!! a710200368f523a79a1a6ae11c6c2639.jpgf9667210d2b105fffd4a43fcd91ce902.jpg91e6430513500f170d15eee6a8d5dfff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you are enjoying your trip. We have relatives on with you right now. Hope the weather is great for all of you. BEWARE...flowriding is addictive. Best to try it early in the cruise when the lines are usually shorter. Towards the end of the week, more people do it to cross it off their bucket list. Hope you try stand up surfing (the main reason we have done RCCL 5 years in a row now with ships that offer a flowrider). You will likely have a sore neck and forearms the next day, so be warned if you try stand up surfing. Many of us addicts are in our 40's and 50's, so don't think you are too old to try it,

Also, which itinerary are you on? Trying to find the formal nights and show schedules for the 7 night Western hitting Rotan, Belize and Cozumel...feel free to point me in the right direction if they are posted somewhere on CC

I've never been to these places except Cozumel, are the ports any good, what is there to do, etc, any pictures?

I've never been to these places except Cozumel, are the ports any good, what is there to do, etc, any pictures?

My favorite shore excursion in Caribbean is the Anthony key dolphin encounter in Rotan, have done it a few times and will do it again in April, you walk out waist deep in ocean and dolphin comes to you.

I not a fan of RCCL excursions but this is a good one

2 questions if you get a chance...

does the cupcake cupboard have classes to make cupcakes (like the oasis/allure)

and

is the cafe set up like the allure/oasis with the salads made to order and the roast beef sandwiches?

Thanks

I will check on the cupcake decorating classes. Have not noticed. It's a pretty small shop. Not like on Oasis or Allure where they have tables inside.

Unfortunately no roast beef or made to order salads. I would love a Park Cafe on this ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and

is the cafe set up like the allure/oasis with the salads made to order and the roast beef sandwiches?

Thanks

Hopefully they have the classes since one of my TA perks is "Cupcake decorating class for two".

We are Diamond Plus and have over 280 days on Royal.

The Windjammer has been hit or miss with the selections. Service has been great. Breakfast gets repetitive, but it is also repetitive at home. At least here, my wife doesn't have to cook and clean up. Lunch today had some fabulous pulled pork. The first formal night, we had tenderloin. It was delicious. Tonight (second formal) we had 2 lobster tails. Delicious. No complaints about the food.

We have my time dining. Liberty has changed my time to deck 3. It was complete chaos the first night. We had reservations, but they didn't have a way to just skip the cue and go. That needs to change. We had reservations for 5:45 and arrived early. Lines were outrageous. They have been better as the week progressed.

The beds , on the other hand are horrible. We brought a foam topper, but it wasn't enough. We added one of their foam toppers before we could sleep.

The tv only has CNN and HLN. No FOX news. Reception has been better this cruise.

The production shows are awesome. Saturday Night Fever is long, but worth every minute. The acrobatics in the Air show we we amazing.

It rained today in Belize, but other than that, the weather has been perfect.

These are just my random thoughts.

and

Thanks

Yes, I did the cupcake decorating class last week on Liberty. It was $22.00 I believe, and was fun to do.

No Park Cafe. One of My biggest disappointments about this ship. Love Love Love Park Cafe.

Glad you are enjoying your trip. We have relatives on with you right now. Hope the weather is great for all of you. BEWARE...flowriding is addictive. Best to try it early in the cruise when the lines are usually shorter. Towards the end of the week, more people do it to cross it off their bucket list. Hope you try stand up surfing (the main reason we have done RCCL 5 years in a row now with ships that offer a flowrider). You will likely have a sore neck and forearms the next day, so be warned if you try stand up surfing. Many of us addicts are in our 40's and 50's, so don't think you are too old to try it,

I became addicted in my 30s, and I'll be happily resuming my addiction in my 40s in April. [emoji475]🏽