Live from the Liberty

dodgersmom

I was on last weeks sailing and was pleasantly surprised with the internet. Best we have had on any ship. Was able to facetime the whole trip without much of a problem which was nice. The three of us shared one package and never had much problem getting on. There's hope!:D

Do you recall the price of the internet? It seems that Voom ships charge $15 per day and the others charge $20 per day.

Do you recall the price of the internet? It seems that Voom ships charge $15 per day and the others charge $20 per day.

Pretty sure it was $20 a day with a discount for Diamond. We just got one device and switch between my and DH iPads. But very happy with the service. The only place I cannot connect is the balcony. My current view. 7feb5a1ea7a7e30b700b34fa86a6eeea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great. Anything for kids (12 & 14)? I remember reading here somewhere that the clubs have theme nights sometimes. I could be mistaken about that though.

I know on both Jewel & Freedom, they have a "white" night. Although they do not seem to give any advance notice. My DD wore her white dress the night before they had it. She just wore it again. :p They also have had "Prom" I believe this might have been on the last night or formal night. I would expect those and maybe ask teen leaders the first night which night is which.

Pretty sure it was $20 a day with a discount for Diamond. We just got one device and switch between my and DH iPads. But very happy with the service. The only place I cannot connect is the balcony. My current view. 7feb5a1ea7a7e30b700b34fa86a6eeea.jpg

Ahhhhhh, take me away!

Thanks for the heads up! Glad to hear it's still mostly an AYCE venue...because I consider that to be a personal challenge :D Including a soda in the cover charge is new to me. I used to just have water at JR and would then eat my fill of the food and dessert. Personally, I'm not a malt or milkshake fan.

It is the all you can eat for one cover charge, but the drinks/sodas last week were still an additional charge, and might add they were undrinkable, so make sure before you pay if the sodas are nasty you will not be charged. The food was not good and the service worse. We usually love JR but not this time.

Pretty sure it was $20 a day with a discount for Diamond. We just got one device and switch between my and DH iPads. But very happy with the service. The only place I cannot connect is the balcony. My current view.

Thanks, so no Voom pricing yet, but encouraging report on speed.

Nice view!:)

I was on last weeks sailing and was pleasantly surprised with the internet. Best we have had on any ship. Was able to facetime the whole trip without much of a problem which was nice. The three of us shared one package and never had much problem getting on. There's hope!:D

If you share a package, do you log in and out of devices you are using?

If you share a package, do you log in and out of devices you are using?

Yes, but surprisingly (I guess because of hotspots on our phones or something) we were sometimes all three able to be on at the same time with no problem.

My husband and I read about a 3D Movie Theater. Is there an actual theater on the ship? This is our first Royal Caribbean Cruise and not sure what to expect. We have loved reading all of your posts and the prior posts from last week. I can't wait to have the view that you posted today on our cruise next week! I was also wondering if you were able to request a mattress topper? I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! Thank you!

My husband and I read about a 3D Movie Theater. Is there an actual theater on the ship? This is our first Royal Caribbean Cruise and not sure what to expect. We have loved reading all of your posts and the prior posts from last week. I can't wait to have the view that you posted today on our cruise next week! I was also wondering if you were able to request a mattress topper? I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! Thank you!

No dedicated movie theater, movies are shown in the Main Theater and pool big screen.

No dedicated movie theater, movies are shown in the Main Theater and pool big screen.[/quote

I guess we were reading about movies being shown in the Main Theater! Thank you for your quick response. I can't wait to watch the pool big screen.

That is the itinerary we are on. Today, day 3 is our second sea day. Last night was formal night and then again Friday night. Last night was a comedian. Tonight is Saturday night fever. Will check the planner for the other night. My current situation is poolside [emoji41]

Con you let me know the show times? I'd like to know for scheduling my dining.

shakes and malts? is this correct? Can you then get 2 for 1 shakes for dessert. about how much are the shakes? Family of 5 thought we'd eat there 1 of the formal nights. We are first timers. I think there's also a pizza place that is included in the cost of cruise, so it's free.

Edited by TnTWalter

shakes and malts? is this correct? Can you then get 2 for 1 shakes for dessert. about how much are the shakes? Family of 5 thought we'd eat there 1 of the formal nights. We are first timers. I think there's also a pizza place that is included in the cost of cruise, so it's free.

You can get the 2 for 1 shakes if you are a member of C&A. I believe shakes are in the $4 to $5 range.