Glass blocks

setsail

How about that, that is really crazy.

We get down there quite often for a visit. It is usually pre-cruise for any FL voyages we make.

Their place is in the B building I think, 7th floor.

Last name is Ciarpella.

Maybe you know them??

Sounds familiar, we are in C, 6th floor.

We're due to get our first at the end of our 12-day anthem cruise. Do we ask for it on board the ship? We're driving, so not a huge problem getting it home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We got ours on Anthem last month. I'd forgotten that we were due to receive one, and on the third day returned to our cabin to find it waiting on our bed. Turns out Day 3 was #141, so apparently once we completed #140 they delivered it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

We got ours on Anthem last month. I'd forgotten that we were due to receive one, and on the third day returned to our cabin to find it waiting on our bed. Turns out Day 3 was #141, so apparently once we completed #140 they delivered it.

Congratulations. Nice to know the system works as it should.:)

When I'm presented with a block that I already have I find either a honeymoon couple or a 1st time cruiser and give it to them.:)
Thats a great idea guys.....K.O......:).....Hope to run into you at the CL or on a lift sometime this year?:) Edited by Thetrail

We got two that were included with a romance package a few years back. Those are better quality than the thin material ones usually provided on the ship.

NCL has the best robes if they still use Boca Terry. Loved them so much, we ordered a pair direct. About half the cost of buying on ship and no NCL logo. :D

NCL has the best robes if they still use Boca Terry. Loved them so much, we ordered a pair direct. About half the cost of buying on ship and no NCL logo. :D

Honestly, that was the first and last time we bought a romance package. It wasn't so much a package as a bunch of individual components from various shipboard services.

We wasted so much time trying to track down the various components that it wasn't all that romantic. None of the employees knew what to do and kept sending us back and forth between Guest Services and whoever was supposed to provide the actual amenity or service.

The only things that showed up without having to hunt them down were the bottle of Dom at sailaway and the robes which were in the cabin on arrival.

And yes, we left feedback on the survey.

• 10 months later...

My block was delivered to the cabin on my Brilliance cruise. I frankly wasn't even expecting it.

In any event, thanks for the eBay links. Very entertaining. I wonder what some of my Sovereign stuff would go for? They gave out some very nice prizes for winning trivia in 1988.

I was amazed at the prices on the swirl margarita glasses. And $5.49 for a single Labadee coin??? I wonder what my kids will get when they sell the leather pouch with the coins in it at that estate sale some day.

So ya'll may be making fun - but I am actually looking forward to my first glass block! I should earn it on my next cruse - BUT only because I cruise solo and get double points. So...should I approach the loyalty ambassador and ask about the block? Or wait until after the cruise when the points show up and then call C&A and ask?

So ya'll may be making fun - but I am actually looking forward to my first glass block! I should earn it on my next cruse - BUT only because I cruise solo and get double points. So...should I approach the loyalty ambassador and ask about the block? Or wait until after the cruise when the points show up and then call C&A and ask?

If you would prefer the convenience of having it delivered to your home, don't pursue it on

board and just see what happens. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Merion_Mom

It apparently varies from ship to ship. I can however warn you that if flying home with a glass block, don't leave it in your carry-on to be scanned. Put it in the bin so they don't pull your luggage out of the xray machine and call you over while they do a bit of dumpster diving to figure out what that big clear void is.