Staterooms for seasickness

gcbranscome

Hi! My family and I are going on our first cruise on the Harmony of the Seas next April. We are booked in a family stateroom that happens to be up front of the ship on decK 11. With the ship being so huge, will we really feel much movement up front if the seas are calm or should I switch the stateroom and get 2 rooms in the middle of the ship? Thanks for eveyoneS help!

Hi! My family and I are going on our first cruise on the Harmony of the Seas next April. We are booked in a family stateroom that happens to be up front of the ship on decK 11. With the ship being so huge, will we really feel much movement up front if the seas are calm or should I switch the stateroom and get 2 rooms in the middle of the ship? Thanks for eveyoneS help!

Generally, the thought is lower, mid-ship rooms feel less motion than forward or aft ones.

If the seas are calm, you won't feel movement anywhere on the ship.

However, for a given set of sea conditions, you will feel more movement in the front of a high deck than you would midship and low.

but maybe you wont even get sea sick at all. do you or anyone else in the family get motion illness on amusement park rides, driving in the car, flying in a plane-if you answer no to these, then more than likely, unless it is rough you wont mind it at all, BUT if you want less motion of the ocean, then book a cabin low and in the center.

I book in the front BECAUSE I love to be rocked to sleep.:)