Booking next cruise on board

We booked with BOGO half off and $300 OBC and only $100 per person deposit. We have 3 JS with balcony booked for 4 night on Majesty.

Seeing that you got $300 OBC for a 4 night cruise is a good deal because now, as you can see from Post #2, you do not get any OBC for cruises of less than 5 days.

Edited by cruisenfever

Now if you really want to make this even more confusing..... ;)

Booked 7 night Rhapsody on board Serenade last week. 100.00 instant OBC, and 300.00 OBC to use on the future Rhapsody cruise. We gave up our 250.00 balcony discount and 100.00 OBC to gain this. Figured it was really a wash, but still 50 bucks to our favor.

Really just an excuse to book Chef's Table again I think. :D

Edited by island lady

Now if you really want to make this even more confusing..... ;)

Booked 7 night Rhapsody on board Serenade last week. 100.00 instant OBC, and 300.00 OBC to use on the future Rhapsody cruise. We gave up our 250.00 balcony discount and 100.00 OBC to gain this. Figured it was really a wash, but still 50 bucks to our favor.

Really just an excuse to book Chef's Table again I think. :D

I understood your post perfectly- That's scary:D:D-

You will always get the booking on board obc no matter what rccl is offering to everyone.

Example with the bogo offer everyone who booked a cruise whether on board or not got a $200 obc. People who booked on board got the $200 obc from the bogo sale and $100 obc for booking on board. Now whether they took the instant or future for the on board obc is up to the custumer.

Now when we booked on Oasis last month we got the instant $100 booking on board obc but weren't able to take the diamond balcony discount and the bogo $200 obc, we had the choice so we picked the diamond discount because it was a little more and we knew we'd get something from our t/a.

Also, on board, they allowed us to combine the OBC with the Diamond balcony discount which they won't always do if we order during a special sale.

When we were on last and booked on board, they said that we could change the reservation, "even to another ship" and still keep the OBC. The price might change according to the ship and the OBC might get adjusted based on the length of the cruise you switch to.

That had to be within RCI. They would not let us switch a Celebrity cruise to RCI or vice versa (according to what she said) even though we could book either while on board.

We've also found that the people working in the future cruise areas really know their stuff and they've been able to get us really good deals.

There's nothing really to lose except for the significantly reduced deposit (our last one was $100). Unless you spend the OBC ahead of time (which means you already used their money) you can get a full refund.

You can also switch the booking (I think up to 60 days) to a TA and get whatever perks they are offering as well.

I think they really want to hook you in while you are enjoying your current cruise. It's a really smart marketing deal and, so far as I've seen, a win win.

Tom

For us we were able to switch from RCCL to Celebrity. We booked on board the NOS last March for the Jewel in March of 2017, after being home for about a month we found out our wives school schedule had changed for 2017 and needed to move the cruise ahead 1 week, we liked the itinerary for the week we booked (Jewel) and the Celebrity Summit had the same itinerary the week we needed to move the cruise to so I called up my T/A, he called RCCL and it was no problem and we are now booked on the Summit. So it may be a case by case scenario or a T/A thing.

The thing that I was worried about them maybe not doing it was because Celebrity has the same program but for a 7 day balcony cruise it goes from $100 OBC/Deposit to $150 OBC/Deposit but they left it alone and we didnt have to pay the extra $50. So it can be done but again it may have been more of the T/A batting for us.

I read on CC if you book on board for your next cruise you OBC to use on the cruise that you are on. is this correct?

We booked onboard in December got reduced deposit one person half price plus onboard credit of $250 on the cruise we where on plus $300 onboard credit on the booked cruise and we where told we could change cruise at any time.

We booked onboard in December got reduced deposit one person half price plus onboard credit of $250 on the cruise we where on plus $300 onboard credit on the booked cruise and we where told we could change cruise at any time.

Unless the rules are different for you folks over in the Land of Oz :D you can make 1 change without losing your OBC.

I will be waiting for the verdict.

I am sure it is going to be a case of who I get on the phone. It would be nice if it was written in the policy that you can change 1 time if getting the OBC on the future cruise but sadly it is not

Back when it first started the LA's did not really know the difference between the rules for instant OBC and future OBC. I booked a couple of cruises in the future that I knew I would not take as I was told they could be changed as many times as I wanted to. They were confusing the instant OBC rules with taking the OBC on the future cruise.

Edited by molly361

If I book a cruise onboard and then change the date later on do I keep the reduced deposit? That's really my only reason for wanting to book onboard. But the date I want won't be open yet. So I was thinking of booking the latest available and then changing it when the schedule opens up.

Edited by dcgrumpy

If I book a cruise onboard and then change the date later on do I keep the reduced deposit? That's really my only reason for wanting to book onboard. But the date I want won't be open yet. So I was thinking of booking the latest available and then changing it when the schedule opens up.

Yes you will keep the reduced deposit

I am sure it is going to be a case of who I get on the phone. It would be nice if it was written in the policy that you can change 1 time if getting the OBC on the future cruise but sadly it is not

Back when it first started the LA's did not really know the difference between the rules for instant OBC and future OBC. I booked a couple of cruises in the future that I knew I would not take as I was told they could be changed as many times as I wanted to. They were confusing the instant OBC rules with taking the OBC on the future cruise.

I am curious if any of the existing bookings you have will be changed so that the OBC is different. In other words, if you have a 7-day OV booked and move to a 7-day balcony, will the OBC be increased.

I am curious if any of the existing bookings you have will be changed so that the OBC is different. In other words, if you have a 7-day OV booked and move to a 7-day balcony, will the OBC be increased.

I asked that question while onboard and was told that if I change the OV I booked to a balcony will the OBC be increased and was told NO it will stay at $50.

I am curious as I have a balcony booking on the BR that got redeployed and we had to pick a different sailing (none of the ones offered stopped in KW like the original one did)

I picked one of their choices but plan on changing to one that DOES stop in KW and am wondering if they are going to want to reduce my OBC to the lower $25 amount,

I asked that question while onboard and was told that if I change the OV I booked to a balcony will the OBC be increased and was told NO it will stay at $50.

I am curious as I have a balcony booking on the BR that got redeployed and we had to pick a different sailing (none of the ones offered stopped in KW like the original one did)

I picked one of their choices but plan on changing to one that DOES stop in KW and am wondering if they are going to want to reduce my OBC to the lower $25 amount,

You didn't happen to ask what would happen if you changed cabins the other way did you?

Book a suite on board with the $200 OBC and deposit and then change to an inside later? Would your deposit stay the same and would you get to keep the $200 OBC?

Would it be different if you took the OBC on the current cruise or on the future cruise?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

You didn't happen to ask what would happen if you changed cabins the other way did you?

Book a suite on board with the $200 OBC and deposit and then change to an inside later? Would your deposit stay the same and would you get to keep the $200 OBC?

Would it be different if you took the OBC on the current cruise or on the future cruise?

No I didn't ask that one

Now the other thing is while the booking OBC, and the instant OBC is mind boggling on the new program...is it designed to keep you watching the magician as he waves his wand to distract you from what he has up his sleeve?

I keep constant watch on price drops and just saved 250 bucks overall on two of my booked cruises today that took a price drop. I will take that anytime! ;)

Edited by island lady