2 Ships Boarding in Ft. Lauderdale on the same day-How?

sasha96

How does Royal work it when two ships are boarding in Ft. Lauderdale the same day? The day we board Oasis, Indy is also boarding. Is the terminal divided? Mixed together? How do the ships dock?

There are multiple terminals at Port Everglades. It's not unusual for Royal to use 3 terminals simultaneously, in addition to whatever terminals other cruise lines are using.

You can see the cruise terminals in yellow on this map:

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/PEG545_MultiMapBrochure_Map_REVISED-Feb-17-2015.pdf

Edited by clarea

There are multiple terminals at Port Everglades. It's not unusual for Royal to use 3 terminals simultaneously, in addition to whatever terminals other cruise lines are using.

You can see the cruise terminals in yellow on this map:

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/PEG545_MultiMapBrochure_Map_REVISED-Feb-17-2015.pdf

Awesome, thanks! Does Oasis usually get terminal 18? Indy will be at a different one?

There could be up to 5 cruise ships boarding in Fort Lauderdale that day. There's many other ships in port as well (tankers, freighters, transports). There are many piers, many terminals, many parking areas, many employees. You just have to make sure you're getting in line for the ship you're booked on.

Awesome, thanks! Does Oasis usually get terminal 18? Indy will be at a different one?

Correct, Allure and Oasis use terminal 18. If it's Saturday or Sunday (when Oasis and Allure are in port), then Indy will probably use 29, but it can also use 24/25.

Edited by clarea

There could be up to 5 cruise ships boarding in Fort Lauderdale that day. There's many other ships in port as well (tankers, freighters, transports). There are many piers, many terminals, many parking areas, many employees. You just have to make sure you're getting in line for the ship you're booked on.

Actually, i have seen as many as 8 ships in port on the same day.

Correct, Allure and Oasis use terminal 18. If it's Saturday or Sunday (when Oasis and Allure are in port), then Indy will probably use 29, but it can also use 24/25.

Indy uses 25 for the 4/5/5 route (or 18 during the week at times). The only RCCL ship I have seen use 29 this year is the Navigator.

Indy uses 25 for the 4/5/5 route (or 18 during the week at times). The only RCCL ship I have seen use 29 this year is the Navigator.

We went out of a Princess terminal on Legend last year. Over at the north end. Seems it was a real low number. We debarked at 18. Kind of freaked me out since if they told us, I missed it

We went out of a Princess terminal on Legend last year. Over at the north end. Seems it was a real low number. We debarked at 18. Kind of freaked me out since if they told us, I missed it

Probably 1 or 2.

We leave on the Indy March 7th. How are we to know which terminal the taxi driver should take us to? Are there signs as you come into the port, or do we have to know before we get in the taxi?

We leave on the Indy March 7th. How are we to know which terminal the taxi driver should take us to? Are there signs as you come into the port, or do we have to know before we get in the taxi?

Port Everglades has excellent signage. Just tell the taxi driver the name of the ship.

After reading all these replies, I am wondering if I am the only one that drives to a port, and looks at info boards to find where to drive? I don't ever remember actually knowing which dock number to go to. :eek:

I just look for the ship. As Bob said, there are electric signs telling you where to turn