Queen Elizabeth in Newcastle Monday 22 February 2016

Very interesting. It shows the growing of importance of Newcastle. I would imagine there will be many containers of supplies awaiting its arrival and it will be much easier to supply and load the ship there , rather than at Sydney . Newcastle could become to Sydney , what Tauranga is to Auckland.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

I'm hoping to grab a few shots of her arriving.

Newie has been pretty busy so far this year I've seen

Azamara

Silverseas

RCCL

and now Cunard

Pretty sure I've missed one other.

Heres the cruise schedule for The Port of Newcastle...

http://www.portofnewcastle.com.au/Commercial-Opportunities/Cruise/Cruise-Schedule-2015-2016.aspx

I'm hoping to grab a few shots of her arriving.

Newie has been pretty busy so far this year I've seen

Azamara

Silverseas

RCCL

and now Cunard

Pretty sure I've missed one other.

Don't forget the Radiance of the seas was there yesterday as well.:D

Yep I had her. Third on the list.

Apparently when the QE arrives in Newcastle it will be an acknowledgement of Cunard and Newcastle's historic connection.

There will be an artillery salute from Fort Scratchley on arrival, keys to the city at Queen's Wharf at 10 am and a commemorative service of the formation of the Air Force's 450 Squadron on board at noon.

The original QE transported the 450 squadron from Williamtown (NSW) to join the war effort.

Also there will be a 3 gun salute fired from Fort Scratchley at noon.

Just read this on the Daily Programme! Really enjoying the balmy night on the balcony at Athol Buoy.

By the way, the food in the dining room has been excellent and I think the personnel is a little more relaxed than our first cruise on her. Our lady Captain is finishing in Sydney and Captain Alistair Clark takes over.

Apparently when the QE arrives in Newcastle it will be an acknowledgement of Cunard and Newcastle's historic connection.

There will be an artillery salute from Fort Scratchley on arrival, keys to the city at Queen's Wharf at 10 am and a commemorative service of the formation of the Air Force's 450 Squadron on board at noon.

The original QE transported the 450 squadron from Williamtown (NSW) to join the war effort.

Just read this on the Daily Programme! Really enjoying the balmy night on the balcony at Athol Buoy.

By the way, the food in the dining room has been excellent and I think the personnel is a little more relaxed than our first cruise on her. Our lady Captain is finishing in Sydney and Captain Alistair Clark takes over.

Sounds good Megsie, I like when they make a show of things like this to commemorate something and Cunard like to make things special. These events stick in people's memories for a long time.

Cool.

Megsie, save on old man an effort, what time are you due in?

I think we arrive at 7.00 am but will check tonight's program and post later. We're on a train to Seven Hills to see a grandson play in a rep softball gala. A heck of an expensive way to see a game of softball!

Thanks Megsie.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch you arrive then.

And hey you will get to see the boy play and that's important.

On our round Aus cruise we spent the whole day in Melb with the sin and his wife and they're adults. But to us family is IT.

Hope he hits a few homers for you.

I think we arrive at 7.00 am but will check tonight's program and post later. We're on a train to Seven Hills to see a grandson play in a rep softball gala. A heck of an expensive way to see a game of softball!

Why is it so expensive? Shouldn't be more than $9.20 per person for the train,:confused: Anyway, hope he appreciates it by playing well for you.:D

Just had the daily program delivered and it states an 8.00 am arrival in Newcastle. Personally I would guess that would be our time at the berth so I'm thinking more likely 7 - 7.30am approaching Nobbys.

It's all aboard at 5.30 pm, assuming around 6.00 pm departure.

Yes it was only $2.50 on the trains today, we did see the young grandson in his first rep game and the team came 3rd (out of 4) and he had a good fun day.

They only travelled from the Hunter Valley but we took the long way round from home to Sydney to Adelaide, Melbourne and back to Sydney! Newcastle and Brisbane to go yet.

Earlier glimpsed the Albatros passing under the harbour bridge with it's horn blasting - a classic looking ship.

Just had the daily program delivered and it states an 8.00 am arrival in Newcastle. Personally I would guess that would be our time at the berth so I'm thinking more likely 7 - 7.30am approaching Nobbys.

It's all aboard at 5.30 pm, assuming around 6.00 pm departure.

Yes it was only $2.50 on the trains today, we did see the young grandson in his first rep game and the team came 3rd (out of 4) and he had a good fun day.

They only travelled from the Hunter Valley but we took the long way round from home to Sydney to Adelaide, Melbourne and back to Sydney! Newcastle and Brisbane to go yet.

Earlier glimpsed the Albatros passing under the harbour bridge with it's horn blasting - a classic looking ship.

Sounds good. I might catch it then, I'll give you a wave if I do.

I didn't get ant photos, I couldn't ge a park anywhere along HoneySuckle Drive either morning or afternoon, I think the only time I've seen so many people along there is New Years or Mattara Festival there was a huge turnout of spectators.

We sent for a drive into town after lunch but knowing Carrington there was no way of getting close. We drove along the foreshore, there were parking places aplenty then but you cant get a real good look unless you want to hang around until 1800 when she was leaving. We didn't fell like waiting that long and watched it leave on TV tonight instead.