Hump cabins on serenade

juliemc

Looking at booking a Norwegian fjords cruise for August and trying to decide between D1 cabins available to us.

Considering hump cabins and would appreciate your views on noise, position and balcony size.

Current thinking is:-

1056 - huge balcony but on port side next to elevators. Anyone have experience of this cabin for noise from the centrum or elevators? Also can you see forward at all or is it blocked by the elevators?

9586 or 9590 - both starboard side. Am I right in thinking you get less noise from the centrum here. Are both balconies standard sized and what is the better position? Although I suspect the central one would have a better view do you experience more wind here?

Any advice greatly appreciated - we have been on several cruises with Royal Caribbean but never on brilliance class or in a hump balcony.

We had 9584 on Brilliance in September (stateroom next door on a sister ship). We are not late night folks and had no issues with Centrum noise. The balcony seemed a bit deeper, but not enough for another chair. The views were great and the location very convenient. I highly recommend 9586.

f8130f405834830f272406b52b105a67.jpg

Just got off Serenade in 8586 with larger veranda. Could definitely hear noise from Centrum. Some nights the fire doors were closed which eliminated most of the noise. Almost no view towards back of ship unless stretching your head over rail. Didn't affect our cruise at all.:):):)

Just got off Serenade in 8586 with larger veranda. Could definitely hear noise from Centrum. Some nights the fire doors were closed which eliminated most of the noise. Almost no view towards back of ship unless stretching your head over rail. Didn't affect our cruise at all.:):):)

Just want to make sure the OP notices that 8586 is not in the same place on the hump as 9586.

I have found (from my very limited sample size) that my Caribbean cruises had louder music later in the Centrum than my NE/C and Pacific Coastal cruises. I'm assuming that a Nordic cruise would fall into the quieter group, but with all that midnight sun, who knows. [emoji6]

Just want to make sure the OP notices that 8586 is not in the same place on the hump as 9586.

Thanks managed to check this on the deck plan - 9586 much more central so don't anticipate the same issue with views.

I have found (from my very limited sample size) that my Caribbean cruises had louder music later in the Centrum than my NE/C and Pacific Coastal cruises. I'm assuming that a Nordic cruise would fall into the quieter group, but with all that midnight sun, who knows. [emoji6]

Have to admit did wonder the same thing but suspect the benefits of a hump cabin are worth risking a little noise.

We cruised in aft JS 1100 on the Serenade last fall, and so glad we did. Let me tell you the noise in the Centrum gets very loud after dinner. With that in mind, we wouldn't book a room close to the centrum. We did a Canada/New England and E. Caribbean B2B.

I wish they'd get rid of the amp noise makers, and return to classical music.

With that in mind, we had a long walk to our room with a sore leg. If the leg wasn't an issue, we'd book 1100 again. So, let's hope the physical therapy works.

Be sure to ride those beautiful panoramic elevators up to the top and see the cows!

Edited by knittinggirl

We cruised in aft JS 1100 on the Serenade last fall, and so glad we did. Let me tell you the noise in the Centrum gets very loud after dinner. With that in mind, we wouldn't book a room close to the centrum. We did a Canada/New England and E. Caribbean B2B.

I wish they'd get rid of the amp noise makers, and return to classical music.

With that in mind, we had a long walk to our room with a sore leg. If the leg wasn't an issue, we'd book 1100 again. So, let's hope the physical therapy works.

Be sure to ride those beautiful panoramic elevators up to the top and see the cows!

Cows?? Now you have me interested! We've had an aft cabin previously on the freedom and would take on again in a heartbeat but unfortunately none available on this cruise.

We just got off the Serenade and had 9076 - one of our favorite Hump Cabins on Brilliance Class - oversize balcony - great location.

Yes we did hear some Centrum noise but not bad - We are hoping to book this cabin IF Serenade does Norway Fjords and TA late 2017

We had 1554 on Radiance. Opposite of the elevators, but directly in front of the door from the Centrum and right next to the Card Room. The music was definitely a factor though over by 11 or so, but not nearly so much as people playing dominos and Rummikub at the oddest hours with seemingly the best scores going to those who slammed their pieces down the loudest. :mad:

Using this as our guide we had 1560 on the Serenade - but their Card Room was far below, outside the Dining Room. Serenade made a conscious effort to keep the doors closed from the Centrum to the cabins during the evenings. If they're still doing that consistently, you'd never know there was music in the Centrum. Or a Centrum.

Still can't speak for the elevators, but a piece of advice handed down from my longtime-cruiser folks before we first set sail is it's less troublesome to walk a distance to the elevators than have to listen to them.

Have a great trip, the Radiance class ships are still my favorite.

We just got off the Serenade and had 9076 - one of our favorite Hump Cabins on Brilliance Class - oversize balcony - great location.

Yes we did hear some Centrum noise but not bad - We are hoping to book this cabin IF Serenade does Norway Fjords and TA late 2017

This is the same cabin my husband and I have in just a few weeks...can't wait!!

How was the breeze while underway? Curious, since its on the front of the hump.

if we are booking a Hump Cabin I look for the ones center vs right on the corner. We have been within 4 rooms of the Centrum and never noticed any noise and if we did is was very slight. Now on the Serenade and Radiance Class, all Hump Cabins are on the Starboard side not the Port because the outside Elevators are on the Port Side.

We have this cabin booked on Serenade. Anyone have first hand knowledge of the noise level of this cabin? Have had this booked over a year and having never been on this type ship I never thought about the noise issue. This thread has made me nervous.