Saturday Night Takeaway UK TV

sxphil

Sounds like P&O have really lost the plot now. :confused:

Crikey if I had been booked and been looking forward to this cruise and suddenly became aware of all these changes and restrictions I would certainly have been looking for my money back. I would be walking away from P&O and giving them up as a lost cause. :mad:

My thoughts exactly, as a long time Shareholder I am really considering selling my shares as I doubt very much much that I will be sailing with P & O again.

Hearing all the latest restrictions that passengers will have to endure - people are saying that the whole Arena area is to be closed off to store the ITV equipment for the whole cruise and all MDR dining to be Freedom - plus hearing about the free cruise awarded to someone for deceit on Saturday's programme really appalls me. :(

I would have had to cancel even if I lost money by it. I don't think I could have stood this.

At a guess when this idea was first mooted by pando/ant and dec. It seemed like a good idea, publicity for both.

Having had filming in our local grade 1 listed Church, we learnt that when they say just going to do this and maybe a bit of that, it was not envisaged the total chaos that is caused by filming.

P and O may be used to their in house filming or an outside company filming what they wanted them to, but a totally outside company coming on board and filming what they want to film is entirely different.

I would think that they did not think an overnight in Barcelona of filming would cause the whole of the top deck to be closed for the duration of the cruise.

People who do not wish to be part of this have been given the choice of a full refund. I think if I was booked on it, that is what I would ask for.

People who do not wish to be part of this have been given the choice of a full refund. I think if I was booked on it, that is what I would ask for.

Me too, I'm afraid. I really couldn't stand it, especially given all those free cruise winners onboard and last Saturday's debacle. I find that disgusting. It is going to be a very very different cruise for the paying passengers.

I hope P&O are still willing to refund people's money at this late stage given that more and more restrictions and disruptions are coming to light.

Sorry but there is a lot of hot air regarding this event. Mostly from people who are not going to be there. Those who are going will know far more than those not. For example there are many things being organised for those not interested in the show and areas of the ship which will be A&D free. The free publicity from this event is huge and as a shareholder I have to say well done to P&O.

Order noted Dai ;) I understand you are dependant on your medication to help you cope.

Entirely. :)

Pity Ant and Dec won't be on our cruise, that would be really good. ;)

By the way they were on the one we were on in Oct. we noticed no disruption. At the same time there was another film crew on as well for another program. To be honest it added to the interest.

Sorry but there is a lot of hot air regarding this event. Mostly from people who are not going to be there. Those who are going will know far more than those not. For example there are many things being organised for those not interested in the show and areas of the ship which will be A&D free. The free publicity from this event is huge and as a shareholder I have to say well done to P&O.

Have they contacted you to become their mouthpiece?

I AM on this cruise, a SCHOOL HOLIDAY cruise, advertised as so, by your beloved P&O and they have shut down the main sports deck for a fortnight :eek:

If you were on this ship and there was a full quota of kids running around I think you'd be upset! Complaining that you couldn't get in the lifts for the kids or moaning that they are not under control.

PLEASE give me an example of the MANY THINGS being organised, I've not been notified about ONE, the only notification I've got is that the Crows Nest will be an Ant and Dec free zone. Perhaps that's where the parents with the under 12's should head for ... BUT then there would be a few more complaints from passengers who didn't want the kids in the Crows Nest ... Fortunately (under P&O's own rules kids are allowed in there before 10pm)

Me too, I'm afraid. I really couldn't stand it, especially given all those free cruise winners onboard and last Saturday's debacle. I find that disgusting. It is going to be a very very different cruise for the paying passengers.

I hope P&O are still willing to refund people's money at this late stage given that more and more restrictions and disruptions are coming to light.

I totally agree with your post. I had tried to remain positive for those who were booked on this. I actually like Ant and Dec, but am appalled that such a deceitful person has been given a ticket for the cruise. Very poor decision making in my opinion.

I AM on this cruise, a SCHOOL HOLIDAY cruise, advertised as so, by your beloved P&O and they have shut down the main sports deck for a fortnight :eek:

If you were on this ship and there was a full quota of kids running around I think you'd be upset! Complaining that you couldn't get in the lifts for the kids or moaning that they are not under control.

PLEASE give me an example of the MANY THINGS being organised, I've not been notified about ONE, the only notification I've got is that the Crows Nest will be an Ant and Dec free zone. Perhaps that's where the parents with the under 12's should head for ... BUT then there would be a few more complaints from passengers who didn't want the kids in the Crows Nest ... Fortunately (under P&O's own rules kids are allowed in there before 10pm)

I sincerely hope that things do work out well for you. Awful to have spent all that money and not be able to enjoy the run up with happy anticipation.

I sincerely hope that things do work out well for you. Awful to have spent all that money and not be able to enjoy the run up with happy anticipation.

Thank you I appreciate your thoughts. We shall make the best of it and enjoy ourselves whatever happens.

Unfortunately cancellation is not an option at this late stage as the insurance, travel arrangements, dog sitter, pre holiday hotel and extras have all been ordered, bought and paid for or are not refundable, so to cancel would cost us about £800.

Back to Princess next time ... at least they'll have free ice cream and snacks and cakes from the cafe FOC and at least I can get all my washing and ironing done for free. :D

It has been posted in another place that trips are being offered on the evening of the program. There's one.

It has been posted in another place that trips are being offered on the evening of the program. There's one.

Which one would you recommend for the kids?

1.Barcelona at Night - Bars & Tapas

2.Evening Flamenco Show and Sangria :rolleyes:

Sounds like P&O have really lost the plot now. :confused:

Crikey if I had been booked and been looking forward to this cruise and suddenly became aware of all these changes and restrictions I would certainly have been looking for my money back. I would be walking away from P&O and giving them up as a lost cause. :mad:

Actually they were - I'm one of them. We were offered a full refund or a free transfer to another cruise, and it did say the swimming pools would be unusable for three or four days, not sure OTOMH.

The arena is something new. And rather strange given the size of it ! The "under 12s" thing I don't recall but I can see it makes sense from a recording POV. Likewise those who are complaining they may not get to see it live, did anyone think it would be possible to get 3500 people round Britannia's pools ?

No where most kids would be at 8 on a Saturday night on a cruise. In the kids club.

I'm on B608 and booked it before the Geordie twins turned up. I would have only two criticisms ; the use of the Arena (sports court) for storage for the whole cruise, and the 'reward' of a cruise to the woman who skived for three months on SNT.

Anyone who booked it pre-Ant and Dec had the opportunity of a refund or a transfer and they were mostly accurate in what would happen.

They did not specify that it would be limited to over 12s, or that not everyone could see it live, but given there are 3500 people on board and the limitations involved in filming one is comically obvious - can't get 3500 people round a pool and one is surprising.

It has been said that the children may feel left out. There is a simple solution to this - Ant and Dec could visit the kids club for half an hour to say hello to them.

I actually would partly wonder how many under 12s would care. Since A&D left Byker Grove most of their shows haven't been aimed at children.

Most kids over 10 and certainly the teenagers wouldn't be in the kids club that would be "uncool"

Think of all the places that you wouldn't be at 8pm on a Saturday - they'll all be there :p

The 12 and overs can take their chance with everyone else regarding tickets, can't they ? The kids club always looked to me like they made an effort not to be a babysitting service for the older children.

A query, as I don't watch A and D and am not on this cruise.

The free cruise tickets ,as they are being offered on the A and D show, are they not actually being done entirely by that production company.

IE the production company purchased 50-100 cabins off P and O at cost price/or below, and it is them offering them to nere do wells, not P and O.

Hopefully besides the chaos the filming is causing, it will not cause too much offence to the people who have paid to go on this cruise.

Pity Ant and Dec won't be on our cruise, that would be really good. ;)

The free publicity from this event is huge and as a shareholder I have to say well done to P&O.

Hmm, not so sure the tabloid publicity about the winner of Saturday's programme is doing the company much good :(

I think I would be in need of a lot of your G&T meds as a tranquilliser if they were on our cruise, Dai, for that reason alone ;)

Edited by Scriv

A query, as I don't watch A and D and am not on this cruise.

The free cruise tickets ,as they are being offered on the A and D show, are they not actually being done entirely by that production company.

IE the production company purchased 50-100 cabins off P and O at cost price/or below, and it is them offering them to nere do wells, not P and O.

Hopefully besides the chaos the filming is causing, it will not cause too much offence to the people who have paid to go on this cruise.

With respect to P&O they are handling the ticket responsibility fairly & with thought.

They've sent out an email to all of the booked passengers asking for their preference. If Ant and Dec is oversubscribed they will randomly draw tickets for each cabin in a lottery.

Hmm, not so sure the tabloid publicity about the winner of Saturday's programme is doing the company much good :(

I think I would be in need of a lot of your G&T meds as a tranquilliser if they were on our cruise, Dai, for that reason alone ;)

You do know that the winner of the cruise did what she did years ago and is now a Hotel owner and a regular cruiser. Her boss was in on the program and could be seen laughing about it all.

As ever do not believe all you read in the gutter press.