Saturday Night Takeaway UK TV

sxphil

I did see a thread about this a little while ago, i think those that had booked were given the option to cancel or change to a different sailing, due to port changes caused by the overnight stop.

i really like Ant and Dec, but this would all be a bit too much for me, interested to hear if anyone is onboard.

This link gives most of the detail Phil.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/58747/po-cruises-britannia-to-host-ant-and-decs-saturday-night-takeaway

The basic (inside) price increased slightly when it was announced, but soon after went very low £799 and has now increased to £999.

There will be some disruption as certain areas of the ship will be closed off for up to 4 days. Changing the itinerary also upset some, but those that booked before have at least had the chance of a refund.

We thought about this cruise as it falls just right for the Easter School holidays here, but decided against it, waiting until the May half term.

From the publicity I've seen for this, I think Ant and Dec are only on board for the two days in Barcelona to actually film the show. Obviously there'll be some disruption from setting up and tearing down for the shoot in the days before and after, but if Saturday Night Takeaway isn't your thing, I don't think the whole cruise is being turned into one long floating version of the show :eek:

In my experience TV crews rule the roost and become very restrictive about access when filming. This is ok for a short while in or around your surroundings - but there is no way I would go on a cruise with this going on. Nothing against A&D but I would want paying to go on a cruise like this as opposed to paying to go on it [emoji23]

I'm on this cruise with my wife and 2 kids. Didn't realise that there would be parts of the ship off limits. They have closed the main pool deck areas for 2 days to build then dismantle the stage. Both days while in Barcelona, so most will be off the ship.

The plunge pool is specifically designated for teens and the adults have the spa pool for use, so lack of pools shouldn't be an issue.

The celebs fly in and fly out, so the highlight of the entertainment is Jacki Graham in Lamplighters :rolleyes:

What really annoys me is that P&O are giving away so many places, I'm told 50 cabins (which may be more if there are still unsold ones left in the final week) This worries me as "atmosphere" may be a little more party orientated than I'm used to... We shall see :D

Very easily.

Stay off the top deck.

A select few have been invited to an Ant and Dec Meet and Greet, I suspect it's only for suite passengers and those on the top two Peninsular tiers.

Top deck is by invitation ONLY on Saturday, you have to receive a "golden ticket" invitation in your cabin to even watch the show.

My 13 year old is desperate to meet Ant and Dec so if there's anything CC can do put in a good word for her. :o

Hi Dai

Great to see you back. Trust you had a great holiday? :)

It was terrible ;) drinking, eating, doing nothing, being waited on.

I will never do it again, well this month well not for a long while, well not till June anyway.

:) :) :)

I will never do it again, well this month well not for a long while, well not till June anyway.

DaiB .....do feel for you. How are you going to fill your days for the next few months? :D:D

Where are you off to in June?

It's a hard life being forced to go on these cruises. We have already got withdrawal symptoms due to only having an April cruise currently booked, must find the time to look for cruises that we can do later in the year, I hate to come home without the next one to look forward to.

Top deck is by invitation ONLY on Saturday, you have to receive a "golden ticket" invitation in your cabin to even watch the show.

Wow, that is not good - the only reason you would go on this would be to watch the show surely.

Dai, we've done Iceland twice. Have info on tours, things to see if you would like it. We've done Rekyavik and Akureyri.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers Kevin, they would have to be where I can go with my scooter..