Saturday Night Takeaway UK TV

sxphil

Has anyone else had this email? Is it old news???

No Riviera pool for FIVE days!!! :(

"** Important Information - Saturday Night Takeaway **

We have announced a partnership with ITV's show Saturday Night Takeaway, an

episode of the series will be filmed live in Barcelona during your cruise on 2

April. In order to film the show we will now spend two full days in Barcelona,

our call to Cannes is replaced with Ajaccio and Cartagena is cancelled. The

full itinerary is shown on this notification.

In order to film the show the Riviera pool will be closed from 30 March and

from 1 April the entire swimming pool area in the middle of the ship will be

closed until 3 April. There will be an opportunity for everyone to watch the

show either live or on screens in venues around the ship.

During the cruise we will be doing all we can to enhance your cruise experience

and will be putting on additional entertaiment during the cruise. We will be

sending further details closer to departure. We are really excited about this

partnership and hope you will be as well."

I think this sounds dreadful, the pool area is so large, where are all the pax going to go?

Will they make the adult only serenity area available for families? And offer the retreat to adults for free?

The only way I can see this working is if they involve the kids clubs. Putting on special unique activities relating to the filming could make it a really good experience.

Think positive, P&O cannot be doing this and ruining a cruise experience of 3000 pax, and the only people having a good time be those are going for free!

Could they?

I can't believe they are doing this. What a mess.

I would like to agree with you but unfortunately they are doing it and yes it is a mess but they are earning money from it and it seems that the bottom line is more important than the inconvenience to passengers these days. I am just glad that we had decided to wait until 8th April for our next cruise rather than going on this one though I know that we would have taken the opportunity to switch to a different cruise if we had booked this one.

For P&O it's a marketing opportunity to attract new customers, so probably worth the risk of upsetting some in return for the longer term gain. Hopefully they will compensate the passengers with lots of free extras rather than assume everyone will love it. In fairness if they have offered refunds everyone has a choice I suppose.

I think it is bit galling for customers to have booked this cruise and find the main pool closed for 5 days. I guess the free cabins given away on TV will include a 'Golden Ticket' to see the show, whereas those who have paid may not even see it !!

I don't think P&O care who they upset.

Oh my digital spy and the cruise Facebook pages (plus some papers) are not happy this morning that the woman on Saturday Night Takeaway last night who was exposed for faking 3 months off work among other things was then given a free cruise.

Edited by amajaa

My family is on this cruise - it fell perfectly in the Easter School Holidays and was a bargain price, plus my 3 teenage girls all love Ant and Dec so I booked it on a whim.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the girls - we'd have stayed well away and I'm a bit nervous about it all but we can chalk it up to experience.

I thought that the restricted access might be OK as I didn't think it would be warm enough to use the pool (never been this time of year) and we can get off for the majority of it in Barcelona.

Stupidly, I didn't think about all of those free cabins they're giving away - that's probably the most off-putting about it.

Plus - we probably wouldn't be going away if not on here as I struggled to get long haul flights for these dates without paying silly money and we already have our summer holidays arranged.

My family is on this cruise - it fell perfectly in the Easter School Holidays and was a bargain price, plus my 3 teenage girls all love Ant and Dec so I booked it on a whim.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the girls - we'd have stayed well away and I'm a bit nervous about it all but we can chalk it up to experience.

I thought that the restricted access might be OK as I didn't think it would be warm enough to use the pool (never been this time of year) and we can get off for the majority of it in Barcelona.

Stupidly, I didn't think about all of those free cabins they're giving away - that's probably the most off-putting about it.

Plus - we probably wouldn't be going away if not on here as I struggled to get long haul flights for these dates without paying silly money and we already have our summer holidays arranged.

Exactly why we booked, our 13 year old girl LOVES Ant and Dec. We didn't think about all the disruption and certainly didn't realise the main pool would be shut for 5 DAYS!

I anticipated that the stage would be set up overnight on the Friday and dismantled on the Saturday night after the show. I didn't know that they would be giving away 100+ cabins for FREE. Plus when you think about all the shows staff, scaffolders, fitters, camera crew and roadies that will all be on for a fortnight P&O are going to be in for a few complaints.

P&O TAKE NOTE! I'm booked on a saver fare that's cost me £4k+ and if I get put behind a lifeboat on deck six while some freeloader get a midship balcony I'll go crazy and live blog from the ship (and keep the Daily Mail updated) :eek:

Exactly why we booked, our 13 year old girl LOVES Ant and Dec. We didn't think about all the disruption and certainly didn't realise the main pool would be shut for 5 DAYS!

I anticipated that the stage would be set up overnight on the Friday and dismantled on the Saturday night after the show. I didn't know that they would be giving away 100+ cabins for FREE. Plus when you think about all the shows staff, scaffolders, fitters, camera crew and roadies that will all be on for a fortnight P&O are going to be in for a few complaints.

P&O TAKE NOTE! I'm booked on a saver fare that's cost me £4k+ and if I get put behind a lifeboat on deck six while some freeloader get a midship balcony I'll go crazy and live blog from the ship (and keep the Daily Mail updated) :eek:

I really hope you get a Golden Ticket to see the show Tom as you bet your life the ones getting the free tickets will. I can see P&O getting lots of complaints as I'm not sure everyone will realise that everyone cannot see the show.

When I first heard this I thought "what's the big deal" because I would be off enjoying Barcelona for the two days - but I do agree seeing the people on the show last night getting the free tickets - I would fine that galling when I wouldn't probably be even allowed to see the show!

I'm not on the cruise though so I shall watch the programme just to see something of the ship :)

Edited by P&O SUE

I really hope you get a Golden Ticket to see the show Tom as you bet your life the ones getting the free tickets will. I can see P&O getting lots of complaints as I'm not sure everyone will realise that everyone cannot see the show.

Thank you Bee-ess, I'm sue you're right about the golden tickets.

Just a thought, I wonder how many of the passengers will be in cocktail dresses and dinner suits on formal nights? We might be in the minority as I doubt the "winners" will be rushing out to buy their own. I can see there being one dining room for the paying passengers and another for the winners and crew. :eek: :rolleyes:

At least we have been given the option!

The options are:

1000 lucky people will able to watch on the upper decks (but you've got to stand for 2 1/2 hrs

Or would you prefer to watch from an onboard venue with interaction from SNT

Or would you prefer to watch from an onboard venue without interaction from SNT

Or Watch from your cabin

Or Be ashore

Or Something else

It was terrible ;) drinking, eating, doing nothing, being waited on.

I will never do it again, well this month well not for a long while, well not till June anyway.

:) :) :)

So sorry to hear about your ordeal, Dai. It must have been truly awful.

We will also be on your Iceland cruise and look forward to saying hello.

I have read on some other cruise sites some interesting facts that have emerged today which are not good for passengers especially with children on this cruise.

No child under the age of 12 years will be allowed in the audience when the show is broadcast from Barcelona and the Arena (sports deck) will be closed for the entire cruise to store equipment for ITV.

Also, the Beach House and Limelight Club will be closed on the Saturday night and all dining will be freedom on the Saturday night as well.

I have read on some other cruise sites some interesting facts that have emerged today which are not good for passengers especially with children on this cruise.

No child under the age of 12 years will be allowed in the audience when the show is broadcast from Barcelona and the Arena (sports deck) will be closed for the entire cruise to store equipment for ITV.

Also, the Beach House and Limelight Club will be closed on the Saturday night and all dining will be freedom on the Saturday night as well.

On the whole its not really worth going on this cruise as there are so many restrictions

The big question is who's And and Dec and why would they be on a cruise. I looked them up and surly nobodys would chose to watch the rubbish they put out. If I was not that cruise I would expect to change my cruise to another ship are P AND O that hard up for publicity. The same with the other load of rubbish that put on about hasd beens dancing.

Has anyone else had this email? Is it old news???

No Riviera pool for FIVE days!!! :(

"** Important Information - Saturday Night Takeaway **

We have announced a partnership with ITV's show Saturday Night Takeaway, an

episode of the series will be filmed live in Barcelona during your cruise on 2

April. In order to film the show we will now spend two full days in Barcelona,

our call to Cannes is replaced with Ajaccio and Cartagena is cancelled. The

full itinerary is shown on this notification.

In order to film the show the Riviera pool will be closed from 30 March and

from 1 April the entire swimming pool area in the middle of the ship will be

closed until 3 April. There will be an opportunity for everyone to watch the

show either live or on screens in venues around the ship.

During the cruise we will be doing all we can to enhance your cruise experience

and will be putting on additional entertaiment during the cruise. We will be

sending further details closer to departure. We are really excited about this

partnership and hope you will be as well."

Sounds like P&O have really lost the plot now. :confused:

Crikey if I had been booked and been looking forward to this cruise and suddenly became aware of all these changes and restrictions I would certainly have been looking for my money back. I would be walking away from P&O and giving them up as a lost cause. :mad: