On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

Cabin 6198 on the port side is in a similar location over the lifeboat as 6598 is on the starboard side which is indicated by the arrow below. Its view is over the aft end of the third lifeboat from the front , the middle one of the forward of hump group of five. The rear davit for the lifeboat there should be in front of the next balcony to the left, 6200, as this shot is taken from the right and it is a mirror or opposite image compared to the port side.

Second shot is what the view will be like sitting on the balcony. Third shot is standing at the railing looking to the left with the davit being in front of the second balcony to the left.

attachment.php?attachmentid=377619&d=1456171348

attachment.php?attachmentid=377618&d=1456171348

attachment.php?attachmentid=377621&d=1456171348

Would you say 75% or 50% obstructive?

Would you say 75% or 50% obstructive?

It is 50% obstructed right in front but the balcony to your left, that of 6200, is 75% obstructed as there is a davit in front of it. Here a shot I cropped from a picture I took from North Star last month of the port side of the ship. The arrow marks the balcony for 6198 which I determined by counting over to it, the 16th forward from the hump.

We're back on Anthem in two weeks and I will try to get a better shot of the balcony for 6198 then.

attachment.php?attachmentid=377658&d=1456185482

AnthemBal6198.jpg.f1e236076ccd98d1b05d39a0bb55cf73.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

A couple of things many don't realize. That flat TV screen in your cabin pulls out and tilts (try the left side).

And, yes, Royal states they will open the adult pool to children when the weather is bad...or the ceiling is broken :eek: (Not that I'm standing up for unruly kids, but hey, I've enjoyed the well behaved ones while on holiday).

Here's a better shot of the above from, link to, my Photobucket account.

AnthemBal6198_zpsgbh6euli.jpg

This is what the view to the left from the balcony of 6198 will be like. This is actually the view from the balcony of cabin 6160.

P1040878a_zps2fjk5nme.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

It is 50% obstructed right in front but the balcony to your left, that of 6200, is 75% obstructed as there is a davit in front of it. Here a shot I cropped from a picture I took from North Star last month of the port side of the ship. The arrow marks the balcony for 6198 which I determined by counting over to it, the 16th forward from the hump.

We're back on Anthem in two weeks and I will try to get a better shot of the balcony for 6198 then.

attachment.php?attachmentid=377658&d=1456185482

Thank you so much. I booked this room a few days ago, wanted a D8 but only a few rooms were left, and none worth the price difference for me. Usually I book as soon as the schedules come out so I have a good choice of rooms. We were on the Anthem in November and had a D7 angle balcony which we loved.

Thanks for your review I also sailed on the liberty and the allure and last year on the Quantum and we loved it .IM booked on the anthem march 27th and cant wait. Any chance you could post what live bands are onboard specially Boleros, also Im also sailing southern carribean if you have any port tips please post thanks so much for your time...

Thank you so much for the positive remarks and for doing this while you are on your vacation. So very much appreciated!

One question for you or any other member that may know...when we were on Adventure last year. Everyone was raving about cheesecake pops that were complimentary at Sorrentos.

We are going on Anthem this summer and was wondering if these amazing cheesecake pops will be available on her as well...since we missed out on Adventure. :(

Cheesecake pops!!!! YUM!!!! They were sooo good I wish I had one now.

Barb

Thanks for your review I also sailed on the liberty and the allure and last year on the Quantum and we loved it .IM booked on the anthem march 27th and cant wait. Any chance you could post what live bands are onboard specially Boleros, also Im also sailing southern carribean if you have any port tips please post thanks so much for your time...

Are you on the roll call?

Barb

Hi there, hope you're enjoying your cruise?

We're on the Ovation in May - our inside cabin's on deck 10 (10633) and it's one of 2 side by side 'beside the stairs'! I'm not quite sure how that works so was wondering if you were able to go have a look to see what they look like.

Many thanks in advance. :)

im onboard march 4th, do you know who our cruise director and captain will be?

Cruise Directors: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245980

Captains: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441813

Go to the end of the thread and work back to find the most recent list.

Cruise Directors: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245980

Captains: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441813

Go to the end of the thread and work back to find the most recent list.

Actually, both are unclear right now.

:)

The cruise director should be Abe for our March 4th cruise. His end date is unclear, but it should be after March 4th (I have it listed on the CD thread as March 7 or 19, but there is some speculation that it might be extended into April).

OP: it is possible to find out from Abe or one of the activities staff what Abe's last date will be, and who is coming on next?

Edited by DonnaK