All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Excellent news on the weight loss Margaret! I wish I could say the same...but I'm pretty sure the scale would read in the opposite direction if I had a scale. 😞😂 I had lofty thoughts of all these things I would be doing during the safer at home...didn't happen. I guess that just goes to show you how hard it is to get into a routine when everything is changed up. I'm used to the effect of moving, but I underestimated my motivation to find a routine in this situation and so...didn't happen.

This week though...I feel like that song..."I've got a new attituuuuuude..." 

Sally...I hope you get the call so you don't have to pay for the test. Inquiring minds want to know...

Melody...those pots are really pretty. It's inspiring to see the kitchen photos. DH and I are actually talking about buying here. Slightly scary, but I had a good talk with DS. Isn't it fun when your kiddo starts telling you stuff that you have tried to teach them? The words of wisdom that impacted me...all about not thinking too far ahead, getting overwhelmed with trying to plan too far and all the choices involved there...just think, what do you want to do NEXT?

That was a question I could answer, and DH felt the same way. So we're on the lookout for a no HOA abode where we have enough room for some chickens (we're thinking 8-12) and a nice kitchen garden.

Meanwhile...I too, have been living in exercise clothing...and this week I actually did some exercise. It's a slow start, but it's affecting me so I think it's a smart start. I've got a 30 minute time limit. I do 10 minutes on the recumbent bike (it's just for knee movement to work that joint and get the fluids moving) and stop way before my rear end goes numb. Then I do 20 minutes from the book "Yoga for Healthy Knees". Wow...really good book for anyone interested. My best description is that it's yoga poses with great detail as to good form and what muscles should be engaged and contracted. Then you hold the pose for 30-60 seconds or longer, working up to it, depending on the pose. Maybe yoga should always include this element of isometric exercise but I've never quite had it explained so plainly and easily as this book. And the poses selected are all about building a body that supports healthy knees in particular. I just go as far into the book as I can...I got further on the second day.

So the last pose was the one, sitting in a chair against a wall. OMG. During PT after blowing out my ACL, I had worked up to 2+ minutes in that pose. 30 seconds was TORTURE. OMG. A little sad, but hey, 30 seconds is better than no seconds...so here we go. Small steps.

Congrats on the weight loss, Margaret.

Anita, wall/chair sit (I'm assuming you meant the one where your body becomes a chair not actually sitting in a chair) is one move I can do fairly well - similar 2 minute mark.  DD and I have been doing 10 Rounds from Beach Body and enjoy it so far.  I've also been eating a lot more vegetables so hopefully the scale will be kind for weigh-in tomorrow.  It has been eye opening how much core strength I lost (that and taking body measurements 😮 ).  We took "before" measurements and I didn't realize how big my thighs were - now it makes more sense why pants shopping is so difficult.

Good luck with the house hunting!

I've made some good progress with decluttering/reorganizing, and I'm still more productive most days than I was before.  I find now though that I struggle with focus and staying at a task.  I'm guessing part of it is the "easy" decisions were made in the first pass and now I'm getting stuff I have to really look at more - and find a proper "home" if we are keeping it rather than the miscellaneous box it's been in for years 🙄

3 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Anita , House prices are coming down but not a lot on the market right now .

I read that the market is anywhere between 30-40% down. As in, there are 30-40% fewer homes on the market right now when compared to this time last year. The analysis suggests that people who are able to postpone putting their house on the market are opting to wait out COVID. So my hope is that there will be a rush of properties that hit towards the end of summer. Time will tell. 

pacruise...that is exactly the pose. I'll be getting to core work. One step at a time. Decluttering/downsizing is difficult. You have to be clear on the WHYs so that there are no regrets. 

• Like 1

Margaret, congrats on the 5lb loss. I found 3 of them 😉

Im really missing my aqua barre, aqua Pilates etc class. I had my dermatologist appt yesterday, a handful of biopsies & Many, many freezings  I’m sore. My preop appt Is tomorrow morning, hopefully I’ll be able to get this hernia(s) taken care of shortly. 

• Like 2

It was brought up in this week's weigh-in thread and I want to mention here too: I really appreciate you ladies ❤️

I've backed off of a lot of social media, but keep returning here.  The caring and acceptance, support without judgement, advice and general sharing is unfortunately laking in many other areas and I don't take any of you for granted.

• Like 2

Well, I had my pre op appt. my surgery will be early June unless they can get me in sooner. Don’t have exact date yet, have to do two different tests first. Wish it could be sooner, but ah well. 

my new contained rose bushes seem to be doing well, hope they withstand this freeze. Couldn’t resist sticking the mask picture in. Hee hee. Melody

2CBEE205-F118-4117-9D0E-27970744A873.jpeg

9EDB1363-65B5-4578-9E95-C884A69E96EF.jpeg

1EA5C925-3D36-432C-8C8D-AC6C80539310.jpeg

D87ADCCE-EEEF-48FD-9998-647BF1FA10A7.jpeg

68E85C26-A3B5-4F14-8DCB-744458FAB224.jpeg

• Like 1

Pretty roses, Melody, and thanks for the chuckle.

Even making my own masks, they are not comfortable after a while. And they make my rosacea flare up on my nose and under my eyes. :(

I don't ever remember having weather in the 40's in May here. We might even get flurries this weekend!  I'm making a cake for our birthday today: DH turns 60, and I'm the barely younger wife. :) I set up an early evening Zoom cocktail party with some of his friends as a nice surprise.  It is weird having our birthday at home with just the two of us. Usually we would either get together with friends or get dressed up and splurge on dinner at one of NYC's best restaurants.

20171229_191001sm.JPG.c792b2754ec580632a8abe1b857bbfe0.JPG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

I keep ordering different masks hoping to find one comfortable . Which is funny since I spent forty years wearing masks as a RN in the operating room.

That’s why they’re not comfortable now!  I’ve found the masks most comfortable if I hook them around a button or my sunglasses 

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Pretty roses, Melody, and thanks for the chuckle.

Even making my own masks, they are not comfortable after a while. And they make my rosacea flare up on my nose and under my eyes. 😞

I don't ever remember having weather in the 40's in May here. We might even get flurries this weekend!  I'm making a cake for our birthday today: DH turns 60, and I'm the barely younger wife. 🙂 I set up an early evening Zoom cocktail party with some of his friends as a nice surprise.  It is weird having our birthday at home with just the two of us. Usually we would either get together with friends or get dressed up and splurge on dinner at one of NYC's best restaurants.

20171229_191001sm.JPG.c792b2754ec580632a8abe1b857bbfe0.JPG

Happy bday to both of you!!!  

• Like 1

My roses this morning & my grand dogs. Winter posing on her pillow on her 1st bday & Dexter in our yard. Winter is a purebred silver lab & dexter is a lab/greyhound mix. 

happy Mother’s Day to you all

015043BB-B155-4FBA-8230-4A2B9FC24200.jpeg

1E4BAD38-97DA-4B5A-BF56-3B69F036B5F1.jpeg

07D9FFCB-A6C8-40CA-B607-AAB9AEDA37EA.jpeg

E13E42FF-AB24-4030-9A75-7F590798D568.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. 🥰   Our birthday zoom with friends was a lot of fun! We made sangria and had some laughs, and then cooked up some steaks for dinner. Not too shabby. We even put candles on our cake to blow out. 😀

Edited by MJC
  • Like 1

I have been out in the world . We were invited to a small opening of a local restaurant so they could try out their new practices on us . We sat outside .There were only a handful of people there . All the staff wore face masks ,the menus were paper and all the condiments were single serve. They did a great job in making everyone feel safe but even with all that I will not return for awhile . I want to see if the numbers climb in Florida before venturing out again.

• Like 2

Sally, must have felt so good tho to eat in an actual restaurant!  

My manicurist called me, she’s opening on 15 May & she offered me an appointment, oh boy yes!!!  Only 5 people at a time, normal is 40. 

i also got my surgery appt. Monday, 8 June at 8 am. I’ll be in patient for 3-4 days. Hopefully I’ll have my iPad. Melody

• Like 1