If you've ever booked a guaranty cabin, were you pleased with the result or not?

cheezwiz

I recently cruised in an inside cabin, which was a first for me. As a solo, my husband's preference for a balcony didn't matter so I decided to save a few bucks. I was pretty pleased with the experience and expect to do a few more solo cruises in the future. I'm considering trying a guaranty and would love to know whether folks were pleased to have taken that choice, or regretted it. Please tell me some of your stories! Thanks!

I recently cruised in an inside cabin, which was a first for me. As a solo, my husband's preference for a balcony didn't matter so I decided to save a few bucks. I was pretty pleased with the experience and expect to do a few more solo cruises in the future. I'm considering trying a guaranty and would love to know whether folks were pleased to have taken that choice, or regretted it. Please tell me some of your stories! Thanks!

Never regretted it because after room assignment happens, you can switch to another available cabin in the same class. Last time on Freedom, out interior guarantee landed us on Deck 3 and I called in and switched it to an open cabin on Deck 7...

note you cannot change the room you have been assigned if it is a uk booking - just info in case someone reads this and makes the mistake I made. last year after reading that I could on here.;)

Good point - I was referring to US bookings and there are different rules with bookings outside of the US.

We always book guarantee and I've always been happy with the assignment. Sometimes we've been upgraded so for example a large ocean view when we booked an ocean view guarantee. I'm pretty easy to please though. If I cared that much i'd just pay more and get the room I really wanted.

Only did it once. Sailing with friends, we each booked a balcony guarantee. We were both assigned D2 balconies. I was very happy with my friends' cabin assignment which was mid-ship with an extended balcony. Though our cabin itself was fine, I was unhappy with the location and there was no option to move. Until that cruise, I hadn't realized how important cabin location was to me. I have not booked a guarantee cabin since.

I once booked an inside guarantee and was assigned a balcony. During that cruise I discovered that I did not enjoy balconies during hot weather, which has saved money through the years. Another time I booked an inside guarantee on the Majesty and was assigned an inside next door to a cabin that held four people. Our neighbors were parents with a huge tolerance of their kids yelling, screaming, jumping, and hitting the very thin cabin walls. That experience made me conscious of the importance of the configuration of the cabins adjacent to the one I was considering. Both were learning experiences that were better learned at guarantee rates.

Another time I booked an inside guarantee on the Majesty and was assigned an inside next door to a cabin that held four people. Our neighbors were parents with a huge tolerance of their kids yelling, screaming, jumping, and hitting the very thin cabin walls. That experience made me conscious of the importance of the configuration of the cabins adjacent to the one I was considering.

As someone who has always chosen my cabin, I NEVER even thought to consider the configuration of the adjacent cabins, but you are SO right now that I think of it! That could be a significant factor for many people.

On our Oasis cruise last spring (myself & 2 daughters) I called to add my husband to our balcony room three weeks prior to sailing. I was told I could get a JS guaranty the same price so I took it. I logged in a few days later and had been assigned a GS. So yes...we were happy with our guaranty, but I am not expecting that type of upgrade again...lol.

On our Oasis cruise last spring (myself & 2 daughters) I called to add my husband to our balcony room three weeks prior to sailing. I was told I could get a JS guaranty the same price so I took it. I logged in a few days later and had been assigned a GS. So yes...we were happy with our guaranty, but I am not expecting that type of upgrade again...lol.

Excellent score! That does not happen very often.:)