Hair dryers in cabin

Bev/Tony

We are on the Caribbean Princess. Can anyone tell me how good.....or bad the cabin hair dryers are?

This ship is 12 years old, so think back to then and the hair dryers of that time. A co-worker was on CARIBBEAN PRINCESS at Thanksgiving and we got to comparing notes about the EMERALD PRINCESS hairdryer and that of the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS - same exact one. I have a pic some where of the one on EMERALD PRINCESS I should upload that pic I took during our Christmas 2015 sailing.

Its drying ability is poor at best. Take your own dryer unless you have short-short hair.

Now if you are on the ROYAL or REGAL, they have "today's" hairdryer that is NOT on the wall, but stored in a desk drawer.

Depends on what your interpretation of good or bad is. My good may be your bad.

I have never read a single positive comment about a princess

hair dryer.

Even guys with shaved heads are disappointed.

So, if they are 'your good', you're pretty much alone.

They're good for drying socks and underwear. :p

Maybe ..... IF you've got an hour or two you want spend to standing there directing the air flow toward your wet clothes!!!

I learned on my first Princess cruise back in 2004 to always bring my own travel hair dryer on cruises. Theirs are really are pathetically weak.

Maybe ..... IF you've got an hour or two you want spend to standing there directing the air flow toward your wet clothes!!!

Hardly an hour. I wash out my items, clip them to a hanger on the back of the chair with the dryer running leaning towards my clothes & when I'm out of the shower their practically dry or will be by the next morning.

It beats sending them into the laundry only to have them shrink everything to the point I can't use them any longer.

I have thick hair longer than mid-back, and they work perfectly fine on my hair. Dries in about 5-10 minutes or so, depending on whether I'm blowing it out straighter or just drying it up natural. I find it works fine, an extra minute drying my hair is not a deal breaker for me, so I wouldn't bother bringing a hair dryer. If you wantsomething with mega-power or multiple settings or attachments, being your own. Otherwise, works fine for regular drying.