Just off the Eclipse...a few tid-bits

Lil Pups

We are also just home off the Feb. 7th Eclipse cruise. Our second on Eclipse.

To me, Eclipse looks absolutely spic and span, outside and inside. We were adjacent to Regal Princess in port, and Eclipse looked like the newer ship!

The cabin and dining room service was outstanding on this cruise, as good or better than any cruise we have taken (28 taken). Food in the Moonlight Sonata dining room was good, not a single bad experience. The menu is not lengthy, but OK.

The Oceanview was a pleasant surprise..I believe food quality has been improved over 2 years ago.

I will be writing a longer review later...overall a great cruise!

Thanks Lil Pups for your great comments. It is so good to see someone giving a positive review - there seems to be too much negativity these days.

We will be on the Eclipse in a week's time and counting down the days/minutes!

Does anyone know ifl I be able to use my Classic Drinks Package in the Gastrobar or will I need to upgrade to Premium?

What was the ages of the majority of the cruisers? How about the entertainment?

There were about 2500 passengers. i only know the ages of the 3 in our party and wouldnt be allowed to disclose the wife's [emoji32]

So how would anyone , other than Guest Relations , have any idea of the ages of the "majority of the cruisers" [emoji33]

If it helps - there didn't seem to be many children or teenagers on the boat .

We are also on the 6th March sailing and are thinking of booking a New Zealand cruise for next February whilst on board. You tend to get better perks such as free drinks package and on-board credit plus you get the option to change your booking to another cruise or date with no loss of deposit if you change your mind about the one you have booked. Best to price it up before you board though so you know you are getting the best deal.

Hi all, just off this beautiful ship and wanted to share a few things. To begin with we had an amazing and most enjoyable cruise. We have over 50 cruises under our belts and this was by far one of the best. Now, in my opinion food was better than good, service was impeccable, the staff and crew could not have been more gracious, friendly, and helpful. Entertainment was a little lacking and the only negative I can say about our experience. For all of you who have hit the submit button to get your luggage tags (like me) numerous times and received nothing no worries. I never printed them out and when we got to port, from the time I said to one of the many porters there "I need luggage tags" to the time they were attached to our baggage was about 10 seconds. Again, great cruise and would do it again in a minute. Many people on board booked the same cruise for next year and even 2018. Happy cruising!

Sounds pretty much like my recent experience on the Eclipse. I called the Captain's Club and had my luggage tags in three days but as you said, no problem. Now I'm concerned that my next cruise is going to have a difficult time measuring up to this one.

Good to hear such positive reviews. We sail on the Eclipse May 22. We love the S Class ships, although this will be our first time on the Eclipse. In our past experience, we could not use our Classic beverage package for a martini at the Martini Bar. Is that still true?

Good to hear such positive reviews. We sail on the Eclipse May 22. We love the S Class ships, although this will be our first time on the Eclipse. In our past experience, we could not use our Classic beverage package for a martini at the Martini Bar. Is that still true?
Not true when we went. You just got your martini in a smaller glass. Just keep ordering them until you've had enough.

We are also on the 6th March sailing and are thinking of booking a New Zealand cruise for next February whilst on board. You tend to get better perks such as free drinks package and on-board credit plus you get the option to change your booking to another cruise or date with no loss of deposit if you change your mind about the one you have booked. Best to price it up before you board though so you know you are getting the best deal.

We did the new Zealand cruise November 2014 so if you want to know anything see me next week on Eclipse.

Not true when we went. You just got your martini in a smaller glass. Just keep ordering them until you've had enough.

Our experience exactly. I enjoyed many Bombay Sapphire Martinis at the Martini Bar with my Classic Package. My wife partook in several Vodka Gimlets as well. In this case, size does not matter.

Hi guys.

Bob and Christine from AUSTRALIA. Have the eclipse booked with a slant cabin midships for February, 2017, 14 nighter in the Caribbean. Was going to pull out of the cruise maybe however after reading these threads about the cruise and eclipse we are still coming for sure.

1st time Celebrity cruisers and looking forward to enjoying the eclipse.

Cheers Bob and Chris.

Flying out on Saturday to join the Eclipse on Sunday.

All these positive comments are just increasing the excitement level:)

What flight are you on we on BA209 13:50 to MIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where Sue Denning is?

We have done many cruises but Sue Denning is by far the best Cruise Director we have ever had.

She blows everyone else out of the water in our opinion.

Hope she hasn't left the company.

Do a search on this thread, post 3902, page 196 shows she may be on Millennium March 2016.....

We also had the classic drink package and yes you can still get martinis. The difference is they will serve it in a smaller martini glass. No biggie, no limit, order as many as you want

Thanks for the great positive cheerful review!

With classic drink package can you only have small classic martinis (gin with vermouth) or other varieties as well.

Thanks,

Pat (& Paul)

Yes I would say casual wear was definitely the wardrobe of choice. Very nice casual wear, everyone looked great and comfortable.

Thanks for info.

Leaving next Sat. for FLL and sailing 3/20 on our 2nd Celebrity cruise...first on Eclipse.... counting the days!! :D

• 1 month later...
Hi Lil Pups,

Thanks for your review. We're sailing on Eclipse again in about 6 weeks, and we're counting the days.

To those commenting on the Cruise Director, I believe she was a temporary fill in. The currently scheduled Cruise Director Damian had to leave the ship for a bit, but he's reportedly back onboard now.

Damien was the CD on our Eclipse Easter cruise. We really liked him.

As an aside, we throuroughly enjoyed one of the two lecturers. She is a mystery novel writer and presented a fascinating history of the genre in books, films and television. She was very humorous and soldiered on in spite of having a very bad cough. Her lectures were always jam packed. She sold and autographed some of her novels, but should have brought more as they completely sold out the very first day! I was lucky enough to get the last available book she had written abbout murder on a cruise ship.