Cruising the Caribbean on the Re_al Princess : A pictorial review

scubacruiserx2

More shots of the sunrise

IMG_7904_zpszyj5jyyf.jpg

A panoramic stitch of the wake and sunrise

8e76d6c3-0e6d-49e2-8479-199ba8d43a2b_zpsekbnyswq.jpg

This photo is the reflection from our balcony door , so the image is reversed and distorted in some areas .

IMG_7907-001_zpsnaye9qkh.jpg

Breakfast in the Midas dining room .

DSC0496320Stitch-001_zps8u9ojgck.jpg

Land ho and ship ahoy !! :cool:

DSC04966_zpsyp4icl3e.jpg

Hey Mic , look what I found waiting for me at this morning's hospital visit .

5d968966-738a-40ff-97b2-2f2488494677_zpsdmitv6xt.jpg

I'm not sure if she was more excited to be going home (yea ! ) , or if the pain killer just kicked in . ;)

Woohoo, I am excited for both of you.:D

Woohoo, I am excited for both of you.:D

We are both thrilled to have her home and sleeping in our bed together . She just told me that she was showing off her ensemble when I took her picture . Blue socks in the hospital setting allow patients the freedom to walk on their own - without additional assistance . :) :D

We had arrived 4 hours early in Costa Maya and we were not alone !

DSC04970_zpsjlyhvuxd.jpg

Our original plan for the day was a semi private beach day . However , due to our late booking , the club was full and so we changed plans . This was our 5th day on the ship and so we were ready to get off for a little .

There are screens near the central elevators with changing and relevant info for going ashore .

IMG_7935_zpstk5k2apz.jpg

IMG_7938_zps40zjkb3g.jpg

It was dark , breezy and a little cool but we could see the light at the end of the tunnel .

IMG_7939_zpssd5ocbok.jpg

IMG_7942_zpssoahizop.jpg

Ah ! Bright colors and brilliant sunshine .

IMG_7945_zps2a9ilmt5.jpg

Your killing me with your photos! My husband wants a new camera, he said hey will probably live close to them - tell him to let me borrow his camera for our trip. Only kidding of course.

Glad your wife is on the mend.

Your killing me with your photos! My husband wants a new camera, he said hey will probably live close to them - tell him to let me borrow his camera for our trip. Only kidding of course.

Glad your wife is on the mend.

I would but , I don't want to deprive you of the joy that you will see on your husband's face of when you buy him the camera that he wants ! ;)

Thanks us too as we can now concentrate on our upcoming cruise ! :) :D

Hey Mic , look what I found waiting for me at this morning's hospital visit .

5d968966-738a-40ff-97b2-2f2488494677_zpsdmitv6xt.jpg

I'm not sure if she was more excited to be going home (yea ! ) , or if the pain killer just kicked in . ;)

Yay! Pat is home! :D

I love the fashion statement with the blue socks! :eek:

Seriously, I am so happy for both of you that Pat's recovery is going well. Now you can really enjoy planning for your upcoming cruise. :cool:

I love the fashion statement with the blue socks! :eek:

Seriously, I am so happy for both of you that Pat's recovery is going well. Now you can really enjoy planning for your upcoming cruise. :cool:

I like the idea of the blue socks to show that someone is capable of walking around unassisted.:D

I like the idea of the blue socks to show that someone is capable of walking around unassisted.:D

The hospital socks have rubber grips to prevent falls on the slick floors and halls of the hospital and they come in 2 fashionable and functional colors . Spring forward blue ( ambulatory , no assistance needed ) which Pat was modeling , and Fall back yellow ( semi ambulatory , needs assistance ) .

p_3059_1345057574_zpsrycj8exr.jpg

I love the fashion statement with the blue socks!

Thank you Nancy , we are in total agreement ! ;) We still have some major planning for our next cruise in the Baltic but we jumped a major hurdle yesterday with the return of Tyler's passport and Russian visa . :)

We now need to get your SCUBA gear and your knees ready for your cruise . And we think that Mic and Rosie have a BIG cruise coming up soon , and so we're all down to 2 months or less for our next cruising adventure ! :) :D

Meanwhile in Costa Maya , we got a good look at the Regal's stern flap , aka duck tail . It's supposed to increase stability and use less fuel .

IMG_7944_zpsygdddbzk.jpg

Regal aft

IMG_7953_zpsejzrldxm.jpg

Our cabin annotated

21a2ec68-62b5-45e2-b258-39c92db1785d_zpsuviuiukt.jpg

Heading ashore

IMG_799120Stitch-001_zpsx7p46o05.jpg

NCL Star

IMG_7989_zpsgt2c5h6v.jpg

And there is a tram available as it is a long walk .

IMG_7980_zpseszg3osb.jpg

We love the clarity of the water in Mexico . And when somebody tossed some food in - the feeding frenzy began ! It reminded us of the action at the buffet area on some cruise ships .

IMG_7983_zps4fkcldpa.jpg

The Port of Costa Maya

IMG_797520Stitch-001_zpsk8ygbkhb.jpg

After a few photos ashore , we returned to the ship and were greeted by a couple of ill -tempered pirates who yelled AARGH !! loudly when approached . We usually see this kind of behavior on Carnival cruises in the MDR on the first night . Perhaps these 2 had missed breakfast , and with no food to throw at them , we took our chances and brushed past them , and boarded .

IMG_7994-001_zpshc5mvz1b.jpg

Returning to the Rivera deck , deck # 14 , we noticed something strange in the elevator .

IMG_7843-001_zpsm3vmgygd.jpg

Deck # 13 was missing !! Had the hungry pirates stolen it when we were ashore ? Worse , does that mean that our deck , deck# 14 , is now the new # 13 ?

6908133_f248_zpsrcmhei9o.jpg

And despite the fact that we were now on an unlucky floor , we felt very lucky to have this view from our balcony .

IMG_8021%20Stitch-002_zpsju7mvr2o.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

The hospital socks have rubber grips to prevent falls on the slick floors and halls of the hospital and they come in 2 fashionable and functional colors . Spring forward blue ( ambulatory , no assistance needed ) which Pat was modeling , and Fall back yellow ( semi ambulatory , needs assistance ) .

I think it is a great idea, sorry I got it wrong the first time.:o

Thank you Nancy , we are in total agreement ! ;) We still have some major planning for our next cruise in the Baltic but we jumped a major hurdle yesterday with the return of Tyler's passport and Russian visa . :)

We now need to get your SCUBA gear and your knees ready for your cruise . And we think that Mic and Rosie have a BIG cruise coming up soon , and so we're all down to 2 months or less for our next cruising adventure ! :) :D

Yes, wishing everyone safe travels, we leave on 7 April, and return 21 May. So looking forward to it.:D

IMG_7843-001_zpsm3vmgygd.jpg

Deck # 13 was missing !! Had the hungry pirates stolen it when we were ashore ? Worse , does that mean that our deck , deck# 14 , is now the new # 13 ?

6908133_f248_zpsrcmhei9o.jpg

And despite the fact that we were now on an unlucky floor , we felt very lucky to have this view from our balcony .

I hate getting Anatidaephobia.:eek:

Wow, my hospital was way behind the times where socks are concerned! Everyone I saw wore navy blue. I still have a couple pair they sent home with me. :eek: I think the color coding sounds like a great idea.

Glad to hear you are all set with Tyler's passport and visa. Not having those would have been a bit of a problem, I'm sure.

I'm still trying to get my new knees ready for our cruise, so I haven't touched the scuba gear yet. I am making progress in that regard. We made our first Disney run since my knee replacements to see Peter Noone on Friday. My knees and the hip that was replaced this past June all held up very well, but by the end of the night I was very, very tired. I have another month to spend in the gym doing rehab on my own, so hopefully by the time it is our turn to sail my endurance will be better.

I found this story about cows on the Celebrity Eclipse this morning .

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/south-hampton

Here's the text :

New moo-vers join Celebrity

Chewing the cud becomes full time role for new recruits

Two Jersey cows have been appointed as lawn keepers on-board Celebrity Eclipse when it returns to Southampton on 30 April 2016. The cows ‘South’ and ‘Hampton’, will be responsible for maintaining the real grass lawn on the top deck of the ship as well as producing fresh milk and cheese for guests during their cruises throughout Europe.

Celebrity Eclipse will be returning to Southampton in 2016 with its first European sailing departing on 30 April where both ‘South’ and ‘Hampton’ will begin their new roles on-board. To celebrate their first day on the ship, guests will be invited to the lawn for a cheese tasting meet and greet with the new employees.

“We are extremely proud to be the first cruise line to produce and serve fresh milk and cheese on-board Celebrity Eclipse and are very excited for our guests to experience this. As the new lawn keepers on-board, we are confident that our new bovine employees will keep the grass lawn extremely tidy and fresh for our guests who are keen to enjoy a game of croquet or a picnic at our Lawn Club. South and Hampton are great additions to our team and we are looking forward to welcoming them in April.”

Ali Forlop

Head of cows

It's too bad that the Connie doesn't have a lawn Mic . :) :D