Cruising the Caribbean on the Re_al Princess : A pictorial review

scubacruiserx2

Thanks Mic , we will do our best . Rosie's review was clear , concise and lucid - everything that mine aren't . ;)

Do not worry, yours are very entertaining. and besides, yours is a pictorial review which is why I enjoy it so much as well. Some people do it Rosie's way and others do it your way and others still do something in between. They all have merit.:D

Joe and Pat, hope you have a wonderful trip with your grandson, and everyone staying healthy throught. We are sailing west, back to Port Canaveral, so don't forget to wave down at us as you fly across the Atlantic. :D

We hope that you and Barry had a great cruise and we'll ask the pilot to wiggle the wings when we fly over . ;)

Yours have wonderful pictures and very helpful advice ( Eclipse 2015.)

I'm looking forward to more from your up & coming Baltic cruise. Enjoy.

Thank you Jackie , we're glad to help when we can . The bags are packed and we are looking forward to some cooler weather at LHR in the morning ( almost 33 C here ) !

DSC05611_zps0ao0jhhe.jpg

We hope that you and Barry had a great cruise and we'll ask the pilot to wiggle the wings when we fly over . ;)

Great! We will look for the plane with the wigling wings! :D

I will ask our Captain to toot the ships horn when we see the plane with the wiggling wings. :cool:

Great! We will look for the plane with the wigling wings! :D

I will ask our Captain to toot the ships horn when we see the plane with the wiggling wings. :cool:

Wings wiggled , felt like a flap . Arrived safe and sound at novotel Lhr . We are looking forward to the cruise tomorrow . :):D:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
We are well in cold and rainy st. Petersburg. Last day and we are going to Peterson today . :):):D

I think predictive text has got you, I assume you mean Peterhof!

Shame about the cold and wet, we have in it in the UK too, but also experienced the same on our visit to St Petersburg at the end of July '15. The weather changed in August for our second day there.

Enjoy and keep taking pictures, I will look out for them on your return.:)

I think predictive text has got you, I assume you mean Peterhof!

Shame about the cold and wet, we have in it in the UK too, but also experienced the same on our visit to St Petersburg at the end of July '15. The weather changed in August for our second day there.

Enjoy and keep taking pictures, I will look out for them on your return.:)

Yes,Peterhof ! We have just finished Berlin and are preparing to leave port just now . Our last port is Copenhagen at 11am tomorrow. :):):D

Our Baltic cruise has ended and we are in London today and the Isle of Man tomorrow. We will do a review when we get back.Stay dry as it's raining here ! :)

Welcome back.

It has just stopped raining here, the forecast is improving, so enjoy the IOM.

What category and what type of cabin is this? It looks very spacious!

Thank you everybody , how about some more photos ?

My DW shared one of her veal filled pasta pockets with me , delicious !

DSC04123_zpsog7dgiqb.jpg

After lunch we moved to our waiting stateroom . And this is the hall across the ship in the aft .

DSC04906_zps90qi3exz.jpg

On first view , the cabin was similar to the Caribbean Princess - but with a flat screen !

DSC04659_zpsae4ch4vq.jpg

Looking aft toward a sitting area and the veranda .

DSC04646_zpsp4twegf3.jpg

A very nice balcony !

DSC04652_zpsswrxhfxp.jpg

With a view of the opened 17th causeway drawbridge .

IMG_6879_zpsq9tlswfj.jpg

Welcome back.

It has just stopped raining here, the forecast is improving, so enjoy the IOM.

We did enjoy the Tate in the afternoon and when we came out it was sunny :) afterwards , a nice walk along the Thames with ALL of the other tourists in town ! It's time for a quick breakfast and our flight , IOM here we come !

Edited by scubacruiserx2

It's been a interesting week in London ! Our return flight has been changed to 13:00 which will mean that we will not get home until after 21:00 EST today . Also , it's going to mean an additional 5 hours of sunlight today . :eek: We have lots of photos to share and I looking forward to beginning our next thread in a couple of days :):):D

Thank You scubacruiserx2 for taking the time to do all of these posts and photos of the Regal Princess. You provided more info than I have been able to gather in a year so we made reservations for 3 cruises on the Regal thanks to you. I wish you would take a cruise on HAL Koningsdam and report to us

. Thanks again for your efforts.

Thank You scubacruiserx2 for taking the time to do all of these posts and photos of the Regal Princess. You provided more info than I have been able to gather in a year so we made reservations for 3 cruises on the Regal thanks to you. I wish you would take a cruise on HAL Koningsdam and report to us

. Thanks again for your efforts.

Thank you for your kind complements . :) We hope that you enjoy the Regal as much as we did , or more . And thank you for the great idea about a review on the Koningsdam , but we would have to cruise on it first ! And to cruise on it , we need to fund it . And to fund it perhaps we should start a High Flyer Koningsdam review cruise fund . But in the name of research only , of course . ;)

In the meantime , you may enjoy our review of the Zaandam in South America . It is one of my favorite cruise ships and my favorite cruise and place for nature .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1958814

1d67f26f-b8fb-417d-a238-452f56c498f9_zpsrvebj83w.jpg

We have begun our newest review , Eclipsing Northern Europe by cruise : Basic black and Baltic blues , which can be found here : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50342280#post50342280

DSC05623_zpsqgg3nmrn.jpg

It's about our 14 day Baltic cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse and our week long stay in London , from which we just returned , less than 24 hours ago ! :eek:

• 3 months later...
Guest arowe6

Hi again,

I posted on this thread in April about your incredible photos. Saw a post from you (don't remember where) a few nights ago and ended up getting sucked back in to all 34 pages again.

Headed out on the Regal again in December. Thank you (again) for this amazing thread and your extraordinary pictures. Loved it then. Love them know. Really brings to life the beauty of the Regal.

-Andrew :)

Hi again,

I posted on this thread in April about your incredible photos. Saw a post from you (don't remember where) a few nights ago and ended up getting sucked back in to all 34 pages again.

Headed out on the Regal again in December. Thank you (again) for this amazing thread and your extraordinary pictures. Loved it then. Love them know. Really brings to life the beauty of the Regal.

-Andrew :)

Well hello Andrew , it's nice to hear from you again . We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the photos and the Regal Princess . It's a beautiful ship which been somewhat maligned by people for a few 'design flaws' , which really didn't bother us too much . In fact , we think that the R class Princess compares favorably with the highly praised , and more expensive , S class Celebrity !

We also have booked the Regal in December ( 4th) , so I guess that great minds think alike , (sometimes ) . :cool:

Hi again,

-Andrew

Here's some outtakes that weren't in the thread (I think.)

Port Everglades

IMG_6908_zpsb6srnvbu.jpg

IMG_7110_zpsjk41xypi.jpg

IMG_7375_zpsuqj0jh3l.jpg

IMG_7291_zpsqj8ur0e6.jpg

IMG_748820Stitch-001_zpsldpfrvn4.jpg

b6494e17-d2aa-4977-b699-88fc028ce8c8_zpsdvpn78wd.jpg