Cruising the Caribbean on the Re_al Princess : A pictorial review

scubacruiserx2

So THAT is how the title was created...love it! This was such a fun thread, thank you so much for sharing. Looking forward to seeing what the next adventure is! :)

The first part of the title was a ripoff of another review of ours Cruising the Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess , and I just substituted the Re al Princess in the place of Caribbean Princess , after I saw the burned out letter G .

If you enjoyed this thread , you may want to take a look at some others that we have done .

Our most popular thread , with 220,652 views is Total Eclipse: East bound Transatlantic and a visit to Russia , and it may give you a preview of where we're going next . It's found at this link :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213388

My favorite cruise was our South American cruise on the Zaandam in December of 2013 .

b1c4bbbc-1cee-4821-96b4-7ffc4831f08d_zpsqp6imuym.jpg

And that thread with some really beautiful scenery is found here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1958814

Thanks for reading and commenting everyone !!! :) :D

Sombrero ? Si senor ! But only in Mexico !

16914a1e-136a-4ec5-a343-e2c0b1697b64_zpse0dvziwl.jpg

And yes - size matters . It's usually determined by the amount of Tequila consumed !

senorfrogs1_zpslahk8mh5.jpg

And no visit to Mexico for me would be complete without hearing ABBA's White Sombrero .

LOL, I had never heard that ABBA song before.

The first part of the title was a ripoff of another review of ours Cruising the Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess , and I just substituted the Re al Princess in the place of Caribbean Princess , after I saw the burned out letter G .

If you enjoyed this thread , you may want to take a look at some others that we have done .

Our most popular thread , with 220,652 views is Total Eclipse: East bound Transatlantic and a visit to Russia , and it may give you a preview of where we're going next . It's found at this link :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213388

My favorite cruise was our South American cruise on the Zaandam in December of 2013 .

b1c4bbbc-1cee-4821-96b4-7ffc4831f08d_zpsqp6imuym.jpg

And that thread with some really beautiful scenery is found here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1958814

Thanks for reading and commenting everyone !!! :) :D

Thanks Joe, it has been a pleasure reading and following along.:D

Thank you Chez . We don't usually cruise in February as it is peak season , but the weather is usually very nice , a little cool and dry . :cool:

I hope it is not too cool. I do like the hot weather. I am doing February as it worked well as when I get off the Caribbean cruise I board the next day for Panama Canal on a different Princess ship.

Chez

LOL, I had never heard that ABBA song before.

Recorded in 1980 during the Super trooper sessions , it remained unreleased until 1994 , thus earning the distinction of Abba's last release .

Dana Winner did a concert version , complete with a Mariachi band , found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvzVTbAHQdk

I hope it is not too cool. I do like the hot weather. I am doing February as it worked well as when I get off the Caribbean cruise I board the next day for Panama Canal on a different Princess ship.

Chez

No worries , our average temperature was about 23 C for the week . And it will get much warmer as you head South toward Panama .

Instead of using Regal or Re al for rating purposes , can we switch to Crowns or Clowns ?

A definite Crown for the Chef's Table

5d955b78-77f2-4ef8-aa9b-936b000decb6_zpssfaoflzy.jpg

And the King Crab at the Crab Shack

49429953-3e0d-49b4-b8cf-9deb24c20c20_zpsodh8hal8.jpg

And we felt regal while on our balcony and enjoying the UBD .

a3751534-070d-4d71-af12-146a158fbdea_zpsw9ktv8lo.jpg

But , to paraphrase Animal Farm , " All balconies are equal , but some balconies are more equal " .

7015d861-3147-4158-a557-6b91b0743977_zpsslj0852w.jpg

So don't clown around and choose wisely !

And the Retreat Pool Cabana experience is a mixed blessing . A crown if you have one , but a eyesore and a obstacle if you are in the cheap seats !

bd8354ae-8d64-4008-b18f-0b0191d27174_zpsg0uceo4y.jpg

Hi All,

Our Son James, and DIL Maddiey, have had a beautiful daughter named Philippa (8.3lb and 48cm long) at 1.45pm 27 May 2016.

We are just chuffed at being new grandparents, (Pappy and Nanny).

cheers Mic :D

Congratulations.

My children called my dad Pappy- because my son couldn't pronounce Grandpa and it stuck! I considered it a term of endearment! :)

Congratulations.

My children called my dad Pappy- because my son couldn't pronounce Grandpa and it stuck! I considered it a term of endearment! :)

Thanks.

I took inspiration from Popeye.

My son James' in-laws are known as Poppy and Nana.

Rosemary and I went over to help out yesterday, and we both held her for around 3 hours so that James and Maddiey could have a nap. It was wonderful.:D

It's the best, as you don't get the sleepless nights!

Rosemary and I went over to help out yesterday, and we both held her for around 3 hours so that James and Maddiey could have a nap. It was wonderful.

How exciting is it to hold your grandchild for the first time ? It doesn't get much better , does it ? We are so thrilled for you , Rosie , James and Maddley !! :) :D

It's the best, as you don't get the sleepless nights!

So true Jackie , so true . Here's a 3 am eek ! :eek:

Yes, there seem to be so many more advantages having grandchildren than having children.:D

If we only knew that - we would have had the grandchildren first ! ;)

How exciting is it to hold your grandchild for the first time ? It doesn't get much better , does it ? We are so thrilled for you , Rosie , James and Maddley !! :) :D

Cheers. It is an amazing step in our lives.:D

So true Jackie , so true . Here's a 3 am eek ! :eek:

If we only knew that - we would have had the grandchildren first ! ;)

LOL, not sure how that could be achieved but sounds good.:p

If we only knew that - we would have had the grandchildren first !

LOL, not sure how that could be achieved but sounds good.:p

This was my attempt at a Yogi-ism .

Yogi Berra, considered one of the best catchers in major league Baseball history . The Yankees legend and Hall of Famer may be better known for the way he creatively butchered the English language ( and logic ) , with what became known as Yogi-isms. Here are some sample Yogi-isms :

1. “It ain’t over till it’s over.”

2. “It’s deja vu all over again.”

3. “I usually take a two-hour nap from 1 to 4.”

4. “Never answer an anonymous letter.”

5. “We made too many wrong mistakes.”

6. “You can observe a lot by watching.”

7. “The future ain’t what it used to be.”

8. “If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.”

9. “It gets late early out here.”

10. “If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.”

11. “Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical.”

12. “Pair up in threes.”

13. “Why buy good luggage, you only use it when you travel.”

14. “Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.”

15. “All pitchers are liars or crybabies.”

16. “A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.”

17. “Bill Dickey is learning me his experience.”

18. “He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.”

19. “I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.”

20. “I can see how he (Sandy Koufax) won 25 games. What I don’t understand is how he lost five.”

21. “I don’t know (if they were men or women fans running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads.”

22. “I’m a lucky guy and I’m happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.”

23. “I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.”

24. “In baseball, you don’t know nothing.”

25. “I never blame myself when I’m not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn’t my fault that I’m not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?”

26. “I never said most of the things I said.”

27. “It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.”

28. “I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house.”

29. “I wish everybody had the drive he (Joe DiMaggio) had. He never did anything wrong on the field. I’d never seen him dive for a ball, everything was a chest-high catch, and he never walked off the field.”

30. “So I’m ugly. I never saw anyone hit with his face.”

31. “Take it with a grin of salt.”

32. (On the 1973 Mets) “We were overwhelming underdogs.”

33. “The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase.”

34. “You should always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise, they won’t come to yours.”

35. “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”

Sources: Los Angeles Times, Baseball Almanac, Baseball Digest, Catcher in the Wry (Bob Uecker), Sports Illustrated

Another one of my Yogi-isms about family ( based on the logic of # 34 ) , would be :

If your parents didn't have children - then you probably won't either ! :confused:

A Norovirus outbreak on the Celebrity Eclipse , was reported on our roll call thread today . We are scheduled to board the Eclipse on Sunday .

Hi,

We are currently on Eclipse now, the cruise before yours. The ship is in Code Red for Norovirus. Started about day 3 with additional instructions on hygiene etc then 2 days ago went into code red. Buffet food has to be served to you over the counters, buffet counters are fenced off with cling film to stop any passengers accessing food themselves drinks stations in the buffet are manned by staff, reduced offerings in the buffets to make serving easier, No menus, no salt and pepper pots, all soft furnishings have been taken away from the cabins for deep cleaning, all books in the library have been taken away, kettles and tea/coffee in the cabins has been removed for cleaning. Our wine waitress disappeared 2 days ago so may be ill, seen two instances of passengers being ill around the ship and 'ghost buster' teams being brought in for clean up. We've been unofficially told it will remain in code red until the end of our cruise. Would not surprise me if they did a deep clean on turnaround day. I've often heard that the cruise after a code red cruise is one of the safest due to the extra cleaning so hope it doesn't affect you all on your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We hope that everyone on all upcoming cruises will observe good hand washing habits with soap and water in addition to using the hand sanitizer provided outside of the dining areas . We have also ordered some non - alcohol based hand sanitizer specifically for use against Noro . :eek:

Dear OP, I have a question about post #67 page 4, you posted pics of coffee and donuts....I didn't think there was a seating area I haven't seen a picture of or youtube video of (lol) But .... the pictures of the seating Post #67 w/ the coffee and donuts,

Could you please tell me where this is located.

I ask because I am most looking forward to coffee from IC and actually having a spot to enjoy the coffee.

Please excuse if asked and answered already, but I find myself enjoying your pics but not reading All the replys :)