5 ppl in a room leaving Norfolk or baltimore

Girlsmom

The only cruise I can find leaving Baltimore or Norfolk that will allow my family of 5 in a single room is carnival sunshine to Bermuda late oct 2016. Great price ($2800) but by late October it will be too cold to waterslides it swim while at sea-- and really colder than I would like in Bermuda.

What am I missing? Why can't I find a summer cruise from Baltimore or Norfolk to fit 5 ppl in a room?

I don't know much about other cruise lines, but Royal Caribbean does not show prices or availability on their website for staterooms with a minimum occupancy of more than 4. In other words, you would have to call the cruise line or a travel agent to find out if staterooms for 5 were available.

Royal Caribbean has Grandeur of the Seas sailing out of Baltimore in the summer.

You might also consider two connected staterooms, sometimes those are less expensive than the suite that would hold 5.

I contacted 2 travel agents- both "specializing in cruises" and both quoted me higher prices than I found on carnival and Royal Caribbean websites and neither could give me any info about sailing from Baltimore or Norfolk with 5 ppl in 1 room

See if you can get recommendations from friends for more TA's.

There are also search engines but they are travel agent sites so I can't give them to you.

You could do a google search.

Or literally just go web site to web site for the cruise lines.

Keith

I contacted 2 travel agents- both "specializing in cruises" and both quoted me higher prices than I found on carnival and Royal Caribbean websites and neither could give me any info about sailing from Baltimore or Norfolk with 5 ppl in 1 room

Would you consider two connecting staterooms?

The only cruise I can find leaving Baltimore or Norfolk that will allow my family of 5 in a single room is carnival sunshine to Bermuda late oct 2016. Great price ($2800) but by late October it will be too cold to waterslides it swim while at sea-- and really colder than I would like in Bermuda.

What am I missing? Why can't I find a summer cruise from Baltimore or Norfolk to fit 5 ppl in a room?

you must call directly to get a room that holds 5+ on Royal, they do not publish those prices/availability online. But if you are dead set on Bermuda you have already limited your options.

The only cabins that hold 5 or more are "family" staterooms on RCI...or the larger suites. You must call to get pricing. Not a big deal...you don't have to book then and there, if you don't want to!

I don't think any RCI ship is sailing out of Norfolk anymore....which is too bad....it's very convenient for us! About equidistant to both Baltimore and Norfolk, but Norfolk is MUCH faster and easier to get to!!! The traffic on the DC/Balt. route is horrendous!

Carnival Pride does not have any cabins that accommodate five due to Coast Guard regulations. Older ships (which include Sunshine, since she originally sailed as Carnival Destiny) were grandfathered and can accommodate five. However, Carnival has very limited sailings from Norfolk.

Carnival's Sunshine's home port is Cape Canaveral but she is doing some cruises from Charleston, Norfolk, maybe Baltimore and I think New York. Her 1st and last ports are Charleston, SC in late May then early November.

Carnival does have a few cabins for 5 with a trundle bed that is kept under a bed during the day. Sorry I don't know what ship(s).

You can go in line or Google cruise ships leaving from Baltimore and Norfolk. Then call those cruise lines and ask about a cabin for 5. Maybe Google 'cabins for 5' and see what comes up.

Have you tried calling the cruise line directly? That would be the best way to find out if there are cabins for 5 available. A lot of times these family cabins do not post until after final payment (6 weeks before the cruise) and then ONLY if none are left. However, sometimes it is actually cheaper to book 2 connecting cabins. You are going to have to do some research to find out what is available and what might work.