What do I tell the taxi driver?

fdpevey

I know - dumb - should have gotten this before now but am in NYC, will board Breakaway tomorrow.

Where do I tell the taxi to take me? Manhattan Cruise Port?

Have them take you to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal at 12th and W48th street. Next to the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space museum.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kel:)

I know - dumb - should have gotten this before now but am in NYC, will board Breakaway tomorrow.

Yes. He'll ask you what ship and drop you off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

just a little heads up.. When you return, there will be a ton of yellow cabs and black livery cars offering rides to all the returning passengers. Stay away from the black car livery cabs. Some are not licensed by the TLC, and are illegal gypsy cabs. Most will totally rip you off. When returning from my last cruise, a guy offered us a ride, I noticed his vehicle didn't have TLC plates. He than quoted me a price of $40 to go 6 blocks. I am a NY'r and I know their game. Stick with the yellow cabs and you'll be ok. Have a great cruise!

bbryan5, great advice on the cabs when disembarking the ship.

fdpevey, here is a pic of breakaway docked at pier 88, you can't miss her ;)

She made it to GSC this past Wednesday, hope you guys make it too.

Safe Sailing!

ImageUploadedByForums1456623187.334620.jpg.efe48433549fd558c00fedfc4f053710.jpg

~Robin

Edited by meatball_nyc
Time frame for cab advice

I am happy you asked this because I was wondering the same thing but thought I would wait until it was a bit closer to my 2017 cruise. :o

Going north,The line on the Westside Highway to turn into the cruise port is very long ,should I tell my cabdriver to come down 49 street and then shoot straight across ....yes or no ?

Tell the cab driver to drop you off across from the ship on 12th Ave. Just walk across the street and your there.There is a traffic light and also a cop to direct traffic at the intersection. Do this and you will avoid the traffic jam.

just a little heads up.. When you return, there will be a ton of yellow cabs and black livery cars offering rides to all the returning passengers. Stay away from the black car livery cabs. Some are not licensed by the TLC, and are illegal gypsy cabs. Most will totally rip you off. When returning from my last cruise, a guy offered us a ride, I noticed his vehicle didn't have TLC plates. He than quoted me a price of $40 to go 6 blocks. I am a NY'r and I know their game. Stick with the yellow cabs and you'll be ok. Have a great cruise!

True. The yellow cab taxi stand is across the street when you get out of the terminal. There will be a bunch of people offering rides before you get there right outside the terminal, those will all be gypsy cabs for the most part.