What would you like to see in the 2017 brochures ?

Host Hattie

The itineraries for the rest of 2017 should be released soon. What would you like to see ? Any new ports you would like Cunard to visit ?

Perhaps more overnight stays in European ports? I remember doing a survey for Cunard a year or two back and it was clear from the questions they were thinking of introducing more of these. I'm pleased our Canaries trip this September is overnighting in Madeira, which is one of my favourite ports.

I would really like Cunard to do a 2 week Baltic trip which visited Olso, overnighted in Stockholm and omitted St Petersburg. And perhaps sailed in early September, when it's cooler. The whole rigmarole of visiting Russia just didn't appeal to me when we did our Baltic voyage in July 2013 - and it was excruciatingly hot!

I'd also like the visits to Gibraltar to last more than 3 hours - and preferably be a late morning arrival if we can't have a whole day.

I'm limited by time off work to 2 week cruises and by a desire to avoid flying, to Southampton round trips, So I'm not really sure which new ports Cunard could include which would fit in with these criteria - but I do love Scandinavia so would probably like to see one or two more itineraries to this area on the QM2. I may be mistaken, but the majority of cruises to this region recently seem to have been on the QV & QE. I haven't been on QM2 since May 2014 - it would be nice to find something which appeals in the 2017 schedule.

Having never been on QV, I wouldn't mind if she swapped with QE next year to do the majority of the ex-Southampton cruises.

Actually, whilst reading this post through, I just realised that Sicily could be squeezed into the 2 week Italy & Spain trips - I remember stopping there on a schools' cruise on P&O's Uganada when I was 10! Haven't been back since, so that would attract me.

Instead of the three Queens all leaving in January for their world cruises it would be a change if one of them departed from the UK in late September or October so that when it arrived in the Hong Kong area it would get lovely warm weather instead of arriving in Feb/March when the weather is often cold, foggy and rainy. It's even worse further north in China!

I would like more Atlantic crossings, especially westbound, that include a Canadian port, such as Halifax or Québec.

We were able to cross on the QM2 Southampton to Halifax (six nights) in 2014. There are two eastbound crossings this year that call at Halifax, but no westbound voyages.

I know it is possible to combine a Southampton - New York crossing with a New York - Québec cruise this year, but that takes a fortnight and is, naturally, pricey.

We would love to see a 'mini' Baltic or Scandinavian cruise taking in just Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm and maybe Hamburg.

Also we love Norway but why do most Fjord Cruises always stop at Bergen and Stavanger ?

Nice places but after four visits there is only so much you can do. Why not Alesund, Andalsnes, Trondheim,Geiranger or Kristiansund ie. somewhere different !!

I would like to see Mediterranean itineraries that once again include calls at Haifa/Ashdod, Israel and Alexandria, Egypt. I do understand the security concerns that make it problematic to schedule those ports though.

In a similar fashion I would like to see one of the ships return to the Black Sea and to visit ports in Russia, Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria. I appreciate the current difficulties of scheduling because of the uncertain political situation between Russia and Ukraine however. Odessa would be the main attraction for me.

It would definitely encourage me to book on QV or QE instead of continuing to be welded to QM2, figuratively speaking.

M-AR

I would like to see:

1. A round South America cruise that begins in Soton/NY/FLL, transits the Canal, calls at various South American ports (with overnights in ports such as Callao-for Lima, Buenos Aires, Rio, Santos-for Sao Paulo, etc), navigates the Amazon to Manaus with port calls along the way (similar to QV's 2017 voyage), and returns to FLL/NY/Soton. Holland-America runs a similar cruise on Prinsendam every year which has caught my attention. Of course, I'd prefer Cunard as the vehicle. This would be an ideal cruise for QV or QE. It would be a cruise of about 60 days, an interesting regional alternative to a full world cruise. Does Cunard really need three entire world cruises?

2. Med cruises that feature overnight calls at Haifa/Ashdod. The current Med cruise formula of 7/14/21 nights is growing repetitive. It is s source of pride for the Filipino crew when their ship comes to their home country.

3. A few more Queen Mary 2 cruises to the Caribbean. Having been to the Caribbean probably about 100 times, mostly by air and several times by sea, there is nothing I enjoy more on a Caribbean cruise to ports I've been to/stayed at is to have Queen Mary 2 to myself while most passengers go ashore.

4. World cruises with more calls at major ports in Africa/Mozambique. What ever happened to Mombasa?

5. Continue to call at ports in the Philippines. QE is calling at Manila and Cebu this year. Consider other ports that might be accessible such as Coron and Puerto Princessa. When I was on QE2 world cruise in 2007, the crew (conservatively 50% Filipino) were so disappointed that Manila was skipped.

6. Rescue the QE2, bring her up to code, and put her out to sea again! :rolleyes:

My wants are less glamorous than the above suggestions.

I would like both QV and QE to be based in Southampton for most of the season. Especially QV. I would also like to see cruises to northern Norwegian ports, maybe even to Greenland. I would like Baltic cruises to include Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm in the same cruise but I'm not bothered about Russia. I would like to see some of the other Baltic countries included instead of st Petersburg. I would like to see less cruises visit Hamburg at both ends of the cruise.

In the med I would like to see a Greek island cruises visit several Greek islands instead of just one. I would also like to see Malta included occasionally. I prefer the longer less port intensive cruises around the med which are round trips from Southampton.

I would like both QV and QE to be based in Southampton for most of the season. Especially QV. I would also like to see cruises to northern Norwegian ports, maybe even to Greenland. I would like Baltic cruises to include Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm in the same cruise but I'm not bothered about Russia. I would like to see some of the other Baltic countries included instead of st Petersburg. I would like to see less cruises visit Hamburg at both ends of the cruise.

I agree with every word of that, Camgirl! We would love to go to the far north on Cunard, especially Svalbard - QE2 used to go there I think.

Like you, we're not bothered about going to St Petersburg again, but thought some of the other Baltic ports were fantastic and warranted more time than we were able to spend there.

No interest in fly-cruises to the Med at all. If both QV and QE were based in Southampton as you suggest, that might free up QM2 for more Transatlantics, which could only be a good thing!

In the med I would like to see a Greek island cruises visit several Greek islands instead of just one. I would also like to see Malta included occasionally. I prefer the longer less port intensive cruises around the med which are round trips from Southampton.

QV & QE are probably not ice certificated although QV has been to Spitsbergen in 09 but I think large ships are now not allowed in Spitsbergen

I would like more Atlantic crossings, especially westbound, that include a Canadian port, such as Halifax or Québec.

We were able to cross on the QM2 Southampton to Halifax (six nights) in 2014. There are two eastbound crossings this year that call at Halifax, but no westbound voyages.

I know it is possible to combine a Southampton - New York crossing with a New York - Québec cruise this year, but that takes a fortnight and is, naturally, pricey.

I know they did it a few years ago, but I would love to see a transatlantic that included Boston and New York regularly.

Anyone know when the 2017 brochures are out? , nothing on Cunard website although other ships including P&o have released theirs. I want one to Gothenberg and Hamburg like the QM2 is doing this year plus more overnights and as others have said , please longer in Gib, 3 hrs isn't worth getting off the boat!

Anyone know when the 2017 brochures are out? , nothing on Cunard website although other ships including P&o have released theirs. I want one to Gothenberg and Hamburg like the QM2 is doing this year plus more overnights and as others have said , please longer in Gib, 3 hrs isn't worth getting off the boat!
Based on past experience Cunard itineraries should be released about the third week of March with bookings opening 2-3 weeks after that.