Bringing Alcohol on board in Seward

I know the policy says no. I know RCI enforces the policy pretty tightly for Caribbean cruises. Are they as strict on Alaskan cruises? I'd like to have a bottle of bourbon in my stateroom so I can have a glass from time to time without going to a bar to get one. It's not about the money, it's about the convenience. I will spend plenty of money at the bars and have no problem doing so.

I posted this on the Alaska board but realized it would be better to post it here.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

I know the policy says no. I know RCI enforces the policy pretty tightly for Caribbean cruises. Are they as strict on Alaskan cruises? I'd like to have a bottle of bourbon in my stateroom so I can have a glass from time to time without going to a bar to get one. It's not about the money, it's about the convenience. I will spend plenty of money at the bars and have no problem doing so.

I posted this on the Alaska board but realized it would be better to post it here.

Yup, they will find it and confiscate it from you.

So, if it's all about convenience, you can go to any bar and order several shots "neat" and pour them into a water glass to take back to your cabin. Then you can have drinks in your cabin when you want them. Repeat procedure as needed. That's assuming you don't have a package.

I know the policy says no. I know RCI enforces the policy pretty tightly for Caribbean cruises. Are they as strict on Alaskan cruises?

It doesn't matter where you embark - this is a fleet-wide policy. No hard liquor or beer. It took years to be able to get to bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom on! :p

So, if it's all about convenience, you can go to any bar and order several shots "neat" and pour them into a water glass to take back to your cabin. Then you can have drinks in your cabin when you want them. Repeat procedure as needed. That's assuming you don't have a package.

And if they don't have the bourbon that I want to drink.....what do you suggest I do?

It doesn't matter where you embark - this is a fleet-wide policy. No hard liquor or beer. It took years to be able to get to bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom on! :p

I know it's a fleet-wide policy. For no particular reason, I was just hoping it might be more relaxed in Alaska. I wish they would just charge a corkage fee and allow us to bring one bottle of our choice on board.

I know it's a fleet-wide policy. For no particular reason, I was just hoping it might be more relaxed in Alaska. I wish they would just charge a corkage fee and allow us to bring one bottle of our choice on board.

I'm pretty sure Princess (and maybe HAL) sell bottles of liquor for onboard consumption. You would probably have a better Alaska itinerary too.

And if they don't have the bourbon that I want to drink.....what do you suggest I do?

Vacation elsewhere if the enjoyment of your vacation depends on being able to have access to the bourbon that you want to drink. I thought it was all about convenience, but now you are changing your tune. Find a cruise line that will let you bring on the alcohol of your choice.

Google "Rum Runners".

You're going to get a good bit of hatred for daring to want a sip of what you want when you want it. I take booze on not to be "cheap", but because I like to be able to mix my drink the way I want it in the evening before we go out. On Carnival, for instance, you can get a bottle via "Bon Voyage" delivered to your room.

I know they want to avoid the liability of the frat boys bringing on a dozen bottles of shampoo and mouthwash each, but come on.

Vacation elsewhere if the enjoyment of your vacation depends on being able to have access to the bourbon that you want to drink. I thought it was all about convenience, but now you are changing your tune. Find a cruise line that will let you bring on the alcohol of your choice.

Changing what tune? I want the convenience of drinking what I want without having to go to a bar to get it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

No, they won't. Not if you're halfway intelligent about how you do it.

Google "Rum Runners".

You're going to get a good bit of hatred for daring to want a sip of what you want when you want it. I take booze on not to be "cheap", but because I like to be able to mix my drink the way I want it in the evening before we go out. On Carnival, for instance, you can get a bottle via "Bon Voyage" delivered to your room.

I know they want to avoid the liability of the frat boys bringing on a dozen bottles of shampoo and mouthwash each, but come on.

I'm not trying to sneak it on board. I want to bring my brand of bourbon on board. If they won't allow it, I won't bother trying to hide it. Some rules are enforced more diligently on some ships than on others. I was hoping the alcohol rule might be a little more relaxed in Alaska.

I'm not trying to sneak it on board. I want to bring my brand of bourbon on board. If they won't allow it, I won't bother trying to hide it. Some rules are enforced more diligently on some ships than on others. I was hoping the alcohol rule might be a little more relaxed in Alaska.

The rule is fleet-wide, not embarkation port-dependent. Sorry. I don't know which bourbon you prefer but what about asking on a few of the upcoming Roll Calls for your ship (starting later this year, of course) - ask someone to see if they carry your brand. Or alternatively, what is the name of your bourbon? Perhaps someone here can just tell you yes or no right now. :) You could use the Search this forum function and ask about your specific brand, or just start a new thread.

The stocked liquors are standard fleetwide, so perhaps a search would yield the brands sold. If nothing is acceptable to you, then you have to decide whether (1) to smuggle something else onboard, (2) suck it up and drink something you don't like as well or abstain or (3) find another line that will let you bring your preferred drink onboard.

Changing what tune? I want the convenience of drinking what I want without having to go to a bar to get it. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

You first wanted to bring on a bottle because you wanted it available in your cabin for convenience's sake - I told you how to deal with that. Then it was that the cruise line didn't carry your brand of choice. Yes, that's changing your tune.

You first wanted to bring on a bottle because you wanted it available in your cabin for convenience's sake - I told you how to deal with that. Then it was that the cruise line didn't carry your brand of choice. Yes, that's changing your tune.

I'm sorry you had to get your panties all knotted up over this.

As soon as someone proposed a viable option having a little stash in your room that you brought from one of the bars, you changed you tune to it being about having a particular brand, rather than it being about not having to go to the bar every time you wanted a drink.

I'm sorry you had to get your panties all knotted up over this.

Never mind, I see that you didn't really want an answer to how you were changing your tune. Turned straight to ad hominem next. Later....