Royal Suite Class program - Roll Out Date?

Sounds exciting. We have Star class on Anthem in July and Allure in April 2017. Can't wait for the hand crafted in suite cocktails!

What constitutes a hand-crafted cocktail?

Can I order frozen drinks like margaritas, pina colada? Do we tip the Royal Genie every time he mixes a drink much like what we would do at a bar?

Also, I think the brochure used to state "complimentary laundry and pressing" but I think the wording on RC's website is: "Arrange priority pressing, laundry and dry cleaning services."

Is it complimentary?

Thank you!

What constitutes a hand-crafted cocktail?

Can I order frozen drinks like margaritas, pina colada? Do we tip the Royal Genie every time he mixes a drink much like what we would do at a bar?

I'm waiting see reports of this as well, I'd like to know. I will say I haven't tipped NCL butlers individually throughout the cruise, I've tipped them at the end of the cruise. Don't know what will be customary for the Royal Genie.

Also, I think the brochure used to state "complimentary laundry and pressing" but I think the wording on RC's website is: "Arrange priority pressing, laundry and dry cleaning services."

Is it complimentary?

Well that is interesting... it definitely said complimentary before when I booked. I created a spreadsheet trying to value everything and had free laundry factored in. It's a factor for me, albeit not a huge one, because this will be the first leg of a side-to-side for us, so we were hoping to get a little laundry done. Not a good sign that they're devaluing before the program even launches!

Rather than start a new thread - I figured someone posting on here would have an answer to this:

Oasis Royal Loft Suite - does the hot tub stay heated and is it chlorinated/brominated? Also, do they change out the water between sailings?

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Rather than start a new thread - I figured someone posting on here would have an answer to this:

Oasis Royal Loft Suite - does the hot tub stay heated and is it chlorinated/brominated? Also, do they change out the water between sailings?

Tom

Tom, for the two times we sailed in the RLS the tub was empty of water and we had to add it. It was the same for the now removed RS on Allure. As it filled you set the water temperature to where you found it comfortable.

Once we filled it, we left it full the entire sailing. It stayed hot, and I do not remember how it was treated. We only used it a few times each cruise but it must have been treated in some from or fashion. I wish I could remember but perhaps someone else will chime in.

Tom, for the two times we sailed in the RLS the tub was empty of water and we had to add it. It was the same for the now removed RS on Allure. As it filled you set the water temperature to where you found it comfortable.

Once we filled it, we left it full the entire sailing. It stayed hot, and I do not remember how it was treated. We only used it a few times each cruise but it must have been treated in some from or fashion. I wish I could remember but perhaps someone else will chime in.

I can only answer with experience on NCL. We had the Grand Suite on POA which had a hot tub on the balcony. Our Butler showed us how to use it the first day and asked that we drain it after each use and fill it when we needed it again. He said it was far better to do this than to keep the water heated the entire week.

Managed to snag a Sky Loft that opened up just as final payment became due.

So now really hoping Star Class will be in service in May :)

Nice - I know you said you were keeping an eye out for that. Great move !!

Tom

Sailings on Allure from May 1 on are now (as of tonight) being marketed differently. The "Deluxe/Suites" category when you go to book is now described as "Royal Suite Class" - so JS and above.

I didn't check, but I am guessing it's the same for Oasis, Anthem, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by MattInFLL

Is it complimentary?

We are booked in a 2 bedroom aqua suite for our June sailing on the Harmony. I spoke to Royal last night about some of the perks included. She didn't have all the answers as she said there are so many changes. She put me on hold and checked. She answered all my questions. All laundry and pressing is complimentary. My biggest question was if the ultimate drink package was for only the first two guests or all four of us. She said all the services are for all guests in the suite. Hope this helps.

Travel Agents received the new electronic brochure yesterday which will answer all your questions about the Royal Suites program.

I am not a travel agent but was forwarded a copy. The agent's portion includes a Commonly Asked Questions part that goes into great detail and clears up a lot of confusion.

Travel Agents received the new electronic brochure yesterday which will answer all your questions about the Royal Suites program.

I am not a travel agent but was forwarded a copy. The agent's portion includes a Commonly Asked Questions part that goes into great detail and clears up a lot of confusion.

Glad that they're getting the details out there. Any chance you could send a copy my way? :)

gatrnol@gmail.com

Thanks,

Tom

Sailings on Allure from May 1 on are now (as of tonight) being marketed differently. The "Deluxe/Suites" category when you go to book is now described as "Royal Suite Class" - so JS and above.

I didn't check, but I am guessing it's the same for Oasis, Anthem, etc.

Same thing for our cruise on Anthem at the end of May. Suites are now labeled "Royal Suite Class" and each suite is labeled with what type of class it is in. They have also updated the exclusives for each suite with a list of what you get with each class. There's also a note that says, "The Royal Suite Class Program will be applicable on sailing’s beginning Apr 30th."

Edited by Artemis908

"The Royal Suite Class Program will be applicable on sailing’s beginning Apr 30th."

This is good news since I am in a Grand Suite on April 30 sailing of Oasis. Cannot find it though on the RCI website

This is good news since I am in a Grand Suite on April 30 sailing of Oasis. Cannot find it though on the RCI website

We have a GS on the Oasis on 4/16 and I usually look a couple times a week to see if any have opened up in case we want to switch to a different location. Today I noticed all the suites have the new class levels. I wonder if that is another RCI IT flub or if something has changed in regards to the rollout.

We have a GS on the Oasis on 4/16 and I usually look a couple times a week to see if any have opened up in case we want to switch to a different location. Today I noticed all the suites have the new class levels. I wonder if that is another RCI IT flub or if something has changed in regards to the rollout.

I did have my travel agent check on this after I posted and she was told by RCI C&A for Oasis the first sailing for this new Royal Class is the April 30/16 sailing.

I did have my travel agent check on this after I posted and she was told by RCI C&A for Oasis the first sailing for this new Royal Class is the April 30/16 sailing.

Thanks for the info. The Star Class is really the only one in my opinion that has any real benefits. But, still, you wouldn't book that class for the perks because you could pay for most all the perks for thousands less. So, it is nice to have in addition to the cabin, but not just for the perks.

The Sky Class really isn't different from what you can get now except for the free internet. So, really nothing great with these new levels except for the overpriced Star Class.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

I'll be curious to see the new brochure when a link gets posted as well... RCI updated their Royal Suite Class portion of the website. No mention at all now about the laundry or in-room hand crafted cocktails. There is more info about the Royal Genie though, looks like it might be very tailored service to you.

We're booked in a Sky Loft on the Anthem this coming October. Was told by RCCL when we booked not to be concerned with reserving 'anything' in advance, that it would all be taken care of by your Royal Genie personal assistant. Sounds too good to be true, but hope to be pleasantly surprised in 7 months...

We have a Sky Loft booked on Ovation in November, so would love if you would post about your experiences upon your return. Thanks in advance.

If you go look up certain cruises online you'll see a list of the suite classes and that it starts Apr 30

12619_original.png

Hmm... so "Complimentary Thermal Room Access" has become "1-day Thermal Room Access". That's unfortunate...

Thanks for the info. The Star Class is really the only one in my opinion that has any real benefits. But, still, you wouldn't book that class for the perks because you could pay for most all the perks for thousands less. So, it is nice to have in addition to the cabin, but not just for the perks.

The Sky Class really isn't different from what you can get now except for the free internet. So, really nothing great with these new levels except for the overpriced Star Class.

Well actually we did book it for those perks, so never say never :) I think the idea is that you can not put a price on the Royal Genie service if it lives up to the hype. The price for the Sky Loft seems pretty much in line with the price before the program, so we don't feel like we are paying more for Star Class. We are getting a much larger suite and the perks. Worth it to us.

Sky Class is really not much different than suite perks now, except for free internet. Sea Class is just a confirmation of Coastal Kitchen for dinner for a JS. But Star actually seems like a leap, so we'll try it and see. If the genie really can make all the speciality dinner and show reservations happen for us without us having to do it before hand, that's a good start.

Matt, as I type this I am literally laying in my bed of our SLS. We have stayed in it on 80% of sailings on Allure and Oasis. When we sail we are either three or two people. We have paid high rates for this cabin and have paid below normal rates for this cabin.

We are on a B2B this cruise and the price is above average as it is March Break. Next year we have the same room booked on Harmony, and are paying a bit less than this year and getting the benefit of the genie. While on board we booked it for September 2017 and it was what I would call the normal rate prior to the new program roll out. We are also in it for March 2018 at the typical Higher break rate. We love the cabin, and are holding our comments about the genie, until we have used the services once.

If we find the genie to be a great benefit we will keep the cabin for when we sail without our son, but will always book it when it is the three of us. If we find the genie not to be to our liking we will move down the hall to a CLS for less money. With the suite perks and being D+ there really isn't a whole lot of difference and what you are missing you can purchase for less money.

I am doing a live review right now on Allure and haven't said what cabin we are in. I will be doing one periscope cabin crawl, but have not announced it in the thread yet. If you are curious follow me at @Andrew_1720 and you will get to see the cabin. We you have 1718 port view booked we have also stayed in it and I can photos a couple of photos for you. The layouts are practically the same on Allure and Oasis with a few small differences. I would assume Harmony will be very similar.

The review is Live on the Allure March 13-27 -- High tides and great vibes. If you haven't read any come on over and join us virtually. I am soon to go and scope sailing into Saint Martin.

Edited by A&L_Ont