Royal Suite Class program - Roll Out Date?

We booked a 2 bedroom aquasuite for these perks over NCL haven. Laundry, drinks, tips, internet, special attractions times, reserved seating just sounds awesome. I am looking forward to the cocktails made or brought to the suite. It will be nice when there is down time and the kids are tired.

That's what I was thinking - thought I might have missed something though, thanks for the confirmation. :)

It will be interesting to see how they divvy up those cabins among x# of genies!

Tom

Yes, it will be interesting.

With 3 genies operating on shifts, there will probably some unhappiness when 4 suites demand a genie's services at the exact same time.

Also, even magical genies need time off to sleep.:eek:

I'm hoping it's not more than 2-3 suites per Genie. Because some of the services they say they are offering seem like they'd be hard to offer across a large number of suites at the same time.

I see 4 on Oasis. Two for the aqua suites, and two for deck 17. By I have no basis, just seems like a good idea

2 for 6 aqua theater suites?? Well it might work....with 3 on each side of ship and not on same floor..I hope there is more than that..lol..with 2 to 8 guest in each one that could be a lot of work..not sure how they would be able to anticipate my every need if they are tending to a suite a long ways away...I need my own..even then I have to share with husband and brother and sister in law..

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My concern, knowing how corporate thinking goes oftentimes, is that they're going to start out with them spread too thin rather than putting enough $ (read: Genies) into this to begin with.

Haven't cruise lines made it a practice to cut staff (more tables for dining room waiters, more cabins for stewards, etc)... ? Will they be able to get out of that mindset?

Let's hope, since the Genies are tending to the top suites on the ship, that they've seen fit to pull out all the stops to try and make this a smooth process.. yes, let's hope!

Tom

2 for 6 aqua theater suites?? Well it might work....with 3 on each side of ship and not on same floor..I hope there is more than that..lol..with 2 to 8 guest in each one that could be a lot of work..not sure how they would be able to anticipate my every need if they are tending to a suite a long ways away...I need my own..even then I have to share with husband and brother and sister in law..

Not sure why the aqua suites are in the top suite class. Based on what I've read here, the clientele in those is quite different than in the loft suites. What I mean is, it is not uncommon to fill up an AS with a large group to max out the per person value. That would probably overload the Genies ability to provide the level of service they could provide a couple in a loft suite

Edited by John&LaLa

Not sure why the aqua suites are in the top suite class. Based on what I've read here, the clientele in those is quite different than in the loft suites. What I mean is, it is not uncommon to fill up an AS with a large group to max out the per person value. That would probably overload the Genies ability to provide the level of service they could provide a couple in a loft suite

I agree with this comment to a point. I would not want to spend that money to sleep on a pullout. I would only add more if my children were little and they were in the suite with us. We booked 5 additional balcony suites and paid for them so just because we are in a 2 bedroom aqua with sister and brother in law (there are 2 bedrooms) we have paid for 6 rooms

If we would book a presidential 4 bedroom suite and all my kids and dil and sil were there then it would be worth it as they all have a different room so it is more like Individual suites with a common area to hang out and enjoy all the amenities.

I have a feeling that you will have people but 14 in a 4 bedroom but unless I had little ones or grandchildren I would not.

I agree with this comment to a point. I would not want to spend that money to sleep on a pullout. I would only add more if my children were little and they were in the suite with us. We booked 5 additional balcony suites and paid for them so just because we are in a 2 bedroom aqua with sister and brother in law (there are 2 bedrooms) we have paid for 6 rooms

If we would book a presidential 4 bedroom suite and all my kids and dil and sil were there then it would be worth it as they all have a different room so it is more like Individual suites with a common area to hang out and enjoy all the amenities.

I have a feeling that you will have people but 14 in a 4 bedroom but unless I had little ones or grandchildren I would not.

But at the same time I am all for a deal and will not judge

someone that puts 8 to 14 in a room to take advantage of the benefits..if you have the money go for it

And it is the 2 bedroom Aqua theaters only in the star class

Booo...they have removed the old (original) Suite Class brochure. I wish I had printed it out.

If Robenno or anyone else has a soft copy and is willing to share, please send to

rayezfun[at]yahoo[dot]com

Can you see either of these:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/15045958_Royal_Suite_Class_Selling_Guide.pdf

By the way... for those who are planning to complain at Guest Services about the perks for the various classes changing and demanding they be re-added or for other compensation... please make sure you read the fine print included. I went back to my first copy (which I did print and save), and verified it's been on all of them since I first started tracking it last July.

*The Royal Suite Class will be available for sailings departing May 2016 and beyond. Max stateroom occupancy within a category may vary. Suite program, benefits, amenities, and services vary by suite category, ship, and itinerary, and are subject to change at any time without notice. Additional program terms apply. Royal Suite Class programming developed exclusively for Oasis and Quantum class ships. © Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: The Bahamas.

Personally I'm a little disappointed they're removing the free pressing for formal night, but it's not the end of the world. The other changes won't effect me so much.

*The Royal Suite Class will be available for sailings departing May 2016 and beyond. Max stateroom occupancy within a category may vary. Suite program, benefits, amenities, and services vary by suite category, ship, and itinerary, and are subject to change at any time without notice. Additional program terms apply. Royal Suite Class programming developed exclusively for Oasis and Quantum class ships. © Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: The Bahamas.

Thats what I said yesterday,:) wonder what else they will change? I am happy to be on a cruise in a nice suite. But I am really excited about the extras.

Edited by Robenno

I completely agree. :D

But I know too many people that would be up in arms, printing a flyer and taking it to guest services saying they're ENTITLED to it and by gosh they're going to GET THEIRS! If they really thought there might be changes, they would have put it somewhere! haha

It's a balancing act... you want to do right by your customers, but at the same time, you can't let them walk all over you.

Regarding any other changes, I can deal with just about anything except taking away the booze and specialty dining. I would be disappointed to lose the internet, but I would get over it. lol!

Yes, it will be interesting.

With 3 genies operating on shifts, there will probably some unhappiness when 4 suites demand a genie's services at the exact same time.

Also, even magical genies need time off to sleep.:eek:

Expect 3 genies PER qualifying SHIP.

Expect 3 genies PER qualifying SHIP.

Would that be based on some inside knowledge you have? What about the number of "helpers"?

Thanks,

Tom

If they only have three for an entire ship it is not worth it. When we go to Sandals we have 2 butlers for the hours of 8am to some where around 11pm. Yes, they do help other guests but they are available with a phone call.

If there were 3 on an Oasis Class Ship for all available cabins I can't think that it would work at all espically if it is 24hrs a day service. I would assume that the guests in the RLS would feel that they deserve one just for themselves. Hopefully the number three is just a number.

I would suspect that if the service is 24 hours you would have apt to have 3 butlers helping you in 8 hour shifts. I am nor sure what the right numbers are but hopefully this rolls out smoother than the "normal" RC roll out process.

EDIT: For some reason I suspect that some guests will be more demanding of the butler than others so finding the right blend will be interesting to mix together.

Edited by A&L_Ont