Royal Suite Class program - Roll Out Date?

From the photo I count 21 genies. Assuming equal distribution amongst Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Anthem, and Ovation..that's 4 per ship with one left over.

How many Star suites on Anthem? And are any isolated like the Aqua suites

…and factor in the fact that not all will be working at the same time as even magical genies get vacation time.

One of the genies is not in the photo.

I caught that one was missing too! Wonder if it's the same one? :)

Looks to be about 10. Doesn't seem like they are very isolated, pretty well grouped together at the back of the ship.

Yes, just on decks 8 & 10.

4 on Anthem would have a much easier time than 4 on Oasis

From the photo I count 21 genies. Assuming equal distribution amongst Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Anthem, and Ovation..that's 4 per ship with one left over.

These genies will be hard worked by guests. If they work a possible 6 hour shift it is equally divided with one genie for the entire ship. It could also be they work 12 hour shifts and two genies work all the cabins divided in half. I think RC has underestimated how many genies they need, especially if it is to be around the clock service. What if one becomes ill and they are down to three on a ship.

Hopefully by the time we have our genie in March 2017 they will have figured it out. We have 2 more booked with a genie after that and if we find it not worth it will will move down from the SLS, to a CLS. We sail on Hatmony in Nivember in a CLS and I will watch what the genie actually does in advance of us getting their services.

Yesterday I read about a suite cruiser who posted complaining that he couldn't get all his suite perks he was entitled to (he couldn't get a seat in the SL). He complained and got a 25% FCC. I can only imagine the complaints coming regarding guests who paid for a genie and they were not available when needed.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Yesterday I read about a suite cruiser who posted complaining that he couldn't get all his suite perks he was entitled to (he couldn't get a seat in the SL). He complained and got a 25% FCC. I can only imagine the complaints coming regarding guests who paid for a genie and they were not available when needed.

And really, a 25% FCC? It's a good way to keep your big spenders coming back I guess. If they think it's a good deal.

And really, a 25% FCC? It's a good way to keep your big spenders coming back I guess. If they think it's a good deal.

It blew my mind, that they actually gave it. What really blew my mind was someone would actually complain about it to management. :rolleyes:

It blew my mind, that they actually gave it. What really blew my mind was someone would actually complain about it to management. :rolleyes:

I think I would complain if they told me there was a dedicated suite lounge for my drinks and I could never get a seat. Is the suite lounge small?

These genies will be hard worked by guests. If they work a possible 6 hour shift it is equally divided with one genie for the entire ship. It could also be they work 12 hour shifts and two genies work all the cabins divided in half. I think RC has underestimated how many genies they need, especially if it is to be around the clock service. What if one becomes ill and they are down to three on a ship.

Hopefully by the time we have our genie in March 2017 they will have figured it out. We have 2 more booked with a genie after that and if we find it not worth it will will move down from the SLS, to a CLS. We sail on Harmony in November in a CLS and I will watch what the genie actually does in advance of us getting their services.

Personally, I think the Star guests will be short changed if they have more than 2 different Genies servicing them. 1 would be ideal, but that's not practical.

I think I would complain if they told me there was a dedicated suite lounge for my drinks and I could never get a seat. Is the suite lounge small?

I don't think I remember if he stated ship he was on, but some are smaller lounges. Some ships also have dedicated suite lounges which allow Pinaccles. His main point was to kick out all but suite guests. His approach though was definitely not from the book of how to win friends and influence people.

We recently returned from a B2B SLS cruise on Allure and we might get have spent 15 minutes total in the SL. The last place I want to be is in a lounge stuck beside a guest who thinks they are better than everyone else. I'm not saying all guests are like that but we have met what we call the "measurers" (people who like to talk about how much of this and that which they have measuring them up to others) in the past and smile and avoid them. Often those that brag about what they have, but usually don't fully own said items. They are just trying to keep up with "the Jones". Those that say little or nothing about possessions usually have more than you would want to know about.

Being D+ IMO the best perk was the three free drinks in any bar, helping me to avoid these types of situations. When I play golf I go for the game, and avoid all the chin-wagging in the club house after. I think it can ruin the game played just as an experience in a "elite" lounge can do the same.

To be honest though, when we are without our son we will spend a bit of time in the lounge and we have met some interesting and more importantly genuine people. Personally these are the folks that I like to meet.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Personally, I think the Star guests will be short changed if they have more than 2 different Genies servicing them. 1 would be ideal, but that's not practical.

John, you lost me in regards to the two genie comment. It can be easy to do though.:p For Sky Class do you mean one dedicated genie to your cabin for the entirety of the sailing? Possibly with the same genie working a few cabins?

For me it would be great to get that personal connection with the genie and if they are spread thin is it possible? Others though just might want the genie to accomplish the tasks and disappear. There is nothing wrong with it either.

Edited by A&L_Ont

John, you lost me in regards to the two genie comment. It can be easy to do though.:p For Sky Class do you mean one dedicated genie to your cabin for the entirety of the sailing? Possibly with the same genie working a few cabins?

For me it would be great to get that personal connection with the genie and if they are spread thin is it possible? Others though just might want the genie to accomplish the tasks and disappear. There is nothing wrong with it either.

Sorry, i was in a hurry to gt that out. :o

What I was trying to say is "I" feel that the Royal Genie program is being marketed as truly personalized service and the Genie needs to establish a connection with the guests. If the guest ends up seeing 3 or 4 different Genies over the course of the day that connection will be difficult to maintain. But you are right, many people won't utilize the services to any extent (kind of like the bidet in those fancy suites) and some will monopolize them to death.

I don't think I can post Facebook links on CC, but try searching "Royal Genies" in Facebook search and keep scrolling to see what you come across :)

According to the rules under copyright infringement: The posting of blocks of text obtained from anywhere on the Internet, online newspapers, web sites, Facebook and other social media sites, magazines, etc., defeats the purpose of our Cruise Boards. All of this information is available to everyone online, and doesn't add to the idea of sharing firsthand experiences and cruise advice. Also, the majority of information out there is protected by an author's individual copyright. Therefore, we will remove such information from the message boards. However, linking via url to the information is allowed.

So you can post a url as long as it does not link to a roll call group.

According to the rules under copyright infringement: The posting of blocks of text obtained from anywhere on the Internet, online newspapers, web sites, Facebook and other social media sites, magazines, etc., defeats the purpose of our Cruise Boards. All of this information is available to everyone online, and doesn't add to the idea of sharing firsthand experiences and cruise advice. Also, the majority of information out there is protected by an author's individual copyright. Therefore, we will remove such information from the message boards. However, linking via url to the information is allowed.

So you can post a url as long as it does not link to a roll call group.

Thank you! As a long time lurker but infrequent poster, I didn't want to get put on the naughty list. Here is the link to the photo I saw: https://www.facebook.com/luis.parada.94

21 or 22 or 23 even - just doesn't seem like enough coverage for the number of the ships and star suites for something being promoted as a 24/7 unparalleled experience. That kind of hype is going to attract a demanding passenger.

NCL has one butler dedicated to that specific stateroom and there are more then one butler working each sailing to give that personalized service. One would think Royal is doing the same-no??