Royal Suite Class program - Roll Out Date?

Yes. All. Their latest marketing materials confirmed it.

-----

As to q-aire-

I used # 13 to give them some of our particulars for the cruise and 2 requests. We will see if that works.

I found the two oddest to answer were deserted island and who from all of history to invite to dinner. I mean really ? Are they going to dress a cast member up to have dinner with you?

Thanks Matt - I just C&A & they confirmed it - I think some reps got it confused with the free gratuities promo for today which is limited to the 1st 2 people - we will get an amount equal to the gratuities as OBC

Ps - we were in the cruise to nowhere in March

Pat

Thanks Matt - I just C&A & they confirmed it - I think some reps got it confused with the free gratuities promo for today which is limited to the 1st 2 people - we will get an amount equal to the gratuities as OBC

Ps - we were in the cruise to nowhere in March

Pat

Confused reps? Never ! Lol.

I remember 2 Pats but you know memory as we age ... :)

I'll answer my own question!

Yes have had to pay for glass of wine with lunch in CK.

Room keys are different colour FYI.

Purple for Star

Plum for Sky

This makes me laugh...all the confusion between gold status and gold cards...now the signs will need to say 'for gold, purple, or plum coloured cards'. I'm excited for a new card color to add to my room key collection though!

This makes me laugh...all the confusion between gold status and gold cards...now the signs will need to say 'for gold, purple, or plum coloured cards'. I'm excited for a new card color to add to my room key collection though!

Looks like I still won't have a black card in my collection!

Tom

I'll answer my own question!

Yes have had to pay for glass of wine with lunch in CK.

Room keys are different colour FYI.

Purple for Star

Plum for Sky

Is Sea still silver? Or is it Lavender now. :rolleyes:

Who needs a card anyway, aren't they using bands?

I haven't read through this thread, and am onboard Liberty now. I saw the the thread and thought I'd post. Something new, or maybe I haven't been reading the compass recently, but noticed today. They are having a seminar today in the star lounge by next cruise staff members.

LUXURY:YOU ARE ROYALLY READY

I get THAT included with a suite? Join your next cruise staff Brian and David as they share an exclusive look. Into the suite experience with Royal Caribbean. The suite life may be closer - and more affordable - than you think! Luxury: try it on for size at today's seminar. Chilled champagne served. 3:30 Star Lounge, deck 5.

Tonight is formal night, and upper tier party at 4:45 tonight, so I will not be going to see the SUITE LIFE seminar. I'll be getting ready for the DL, since I'm a D+, and can't go into the new suite lounge onboard. We have been told this week on Liberty that all ships in Royal Caribbean fleet will change over to a Diamond lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus and a Suite Lounge for Suites and Pinnacles. With over 400 D, D+ onboard, it's quite challenging to get a seat or drink in the DL.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe you have to pay for the bands now.

Less than 5 bucks. Maybe it's free with your 15 grand cabin. ;)

They could chip me for all I care. Doesn't seem to bother my dog.

7b33d17e172605f7abc2a8e96e9d8050.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

For 12 times on Oasis in a year, it might be a good idea if they did.:D

I know I've said it before but you pup is priceless.:)

Edited by A&L_Ont

Haha... omg I just want to snuggle your dog. I have a Australian shepard but he isn't a lap dog...

I did the band thing in Disney World. It had it's positives and negatives. Sometimes I had to take the band off to pay for things. For me the biggest convenience was being able to go straight to the parks and not have to check in or activate the band. Obviously this isn't something you can do on a cruise ship.

Haha... omg I just want to snuggle your dog. I have a Australian shepard but he isn't a lap dog...

I did the band thing in Disney World. It had it's positives and negatives. Sometimes I had to take the band off to pay for things. For me the biggest convenience was being able to go straight to the parks and not have to check in or activate the band. Obviously this isn't something you can do on a cruise ship.

It's my understanding the band does everything. It's waiting in your cabin after the iPad check in.

I have a whole box-full of magic bands sitting in my office, probably 50 of them. :D I love them at Disney, I think I've only ever had one that I had to remove from my wrist to get it to read. After doing Disney so much, I think bands on ships are a pretty natural fit.

The disadvantage (to me) is that darn tan line... :cool:

Bands are included and waiting for you in a JS or above. That has been the case on Anthem. Otherwise $5.

You have to take it off to get drinks or buy stuff and I found it hit or miss for opening doors, etc. the "readers" are on the registers. I took it off after the 1st day.

Edited by MattInFLL

Bands are included and waiting for you in a JS or above. That has been the case on Anthem. Otherwise $5.

You have to take it off to get drinks or buy stuff and I found it hit or miss for opening doors, etc. the "readers" are on the registers. I took it off after the 1st day.

That sounds like a hassle!

I've noticed at Disney that it can be awkward trying to get your wrist in the correct position for the reader. We're heading there again (Epcot) next weekend for the Flower and Garden festival. I'll usually work it so that there's a band playing there that I'd like to hear. We were supposed to go last weekend (The Guess Who) but had to reschedule - and instead now we'll enjoy a short set from Bad Company... and likely eat our way around the world ! :D

Tom

That sounds like a hassle!

I've noticed at Disney that it can be awkward trying to get your wrist in the correct position for the reader. We're heading there again (Epcot) next weekend for the Flower and Garden festival. I'll usually work it so that there's a band playing there that I'd like to hear. We were supposed to go last weekend (The Guess Who) but had to reschedule - and instead now we'll enjoy a short set from Bad Company... and likely eat our way around the world ! :D

Tom

I work with RFID at work. It shouldn't be that hard. The trick is picking you up and not someone else.