Sun, Dawn or Sea Princess knowledge needed.

Does anyone know if there are larger inside cabins on Sun, Dawn, or Sea Princess? A friend has been told that the vertical cabins are larger than the horizontal ones in the aft and forward insides.

For example B710, B711 and B709 are apparently larger than B724, B718 and so on.

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=SP

Above is the link to the deck plan if you want to check it out. To me it looks like they would just be longer not necessarily larger but my friend was told they are bigger. She is currently booked into a mid ship position and she asked me if I thought she should move to one of these bigger cabins. I don't want to tell her to move if they are not really any bigger due to the extra movement they will feel being aft or forward.

I found the ones on the corners to be larger inside cabins. Those ones down the side corridor are not larger in my opinion.

B746 and B751 look larger but I haven't stayed in those ones. They might be for people with disabilities.

Edited by icat2000

silverwillow

Using your deck plan, click on the cabins separately.

Cabin details will pop up in separate window.

B724 for example shows 135 sq ft.

B710 shows 148 sq ft.

You should also check as some may also have an upper berth.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

I haven't sailed on Sun Princess yet but when booking my upcoming cruise I did find different square meterage recorded for different cabins, as Opua Kiwi says.

I'm sure the difference isn't that dramatic, but every little bit counts eh? We were going to be forward either way, so there was no reason not to go with the biggest available.

The accessible cabins e.g. B312 are bigger again.

Edited by clairebearinaus

We had B407 on Dawn.

The layout of the cabin was such that the queen bed configuration didn't work well, unless you were happy to climb over the end corners of the bed. Also the chest of drawers was against one wall in queen configuration, and therefore there was no bedside units.

Twin configuration made the cabin seem larger, and the chest of drawers was between the beds thus providing a bedside table for each bed.

However in these cabins the desk is right next to the bathroom, and the bathroom door opens outwards against the desk. That didn't bother us but may annoy people who use the desk for laptops etc.

Which of the 3 sisters has the best public spaces? And how about dining?

I know they're all the same class but there's bound to be differences.

I haven't been on Sea, but the differences in public spaces between Dawn and Sun were minor. Sun had the International Cafe which I thought actually took up more space (so less seating space) than the Patisserie on Dawn. Other than that they were identical.

Dining rooms and Horizon Courts are the same. Personally I thought the food was better on Sun - more care taken with tastes (Dawn had some extremely salty soups and I didn't notice that problem on Sun), and also plating of the meals. I suspect this comes down to how close an eye each executive chef keeps on things.

The International Cafe is wonderful and the Sun definitely had better food, as for public spaces they are almost identical. There is a bar on Dawn call Magnums with seating that is not on the Sun as the Sun has a Sushi Restaurant there but it is rumoured to be going at the next refit so it depends when your sailing.

Thanks Ozkiwi :)

Edited by silverwillow

Which of the 3 sisters has the best public spaces? And how about dining?

I know they're all the same class but there's bound to be differences.

I've been on all three. They similar. However, the Sun has the International cafe and looks fresher (cause of fitout) in buffet area.

Dawn might have had a refit. But been over a year or so since I've cruised on her.

The International Cafe is wonderful and the Sun definitely had better food, as for public spaces they are almost identical. There is a bar on Dawn call Magnums with seating that is not on the Sun as the Sun has a Sushi Restaurant there but it is rumoured to be going at the next refit so it depends when your sailing.

Thanks Ozkiwi :)

Yes, sorry, I forgot about Magnums. It was a great place for a drink if you didn't like the music in the atrium or Wheelhouse Bar.

Personally I think Kai Sushi is a waste of space. The quality of the sushi doesn't warrant the extra charge - and we tried it when it was a flat fee rather than a per item cost.

I've been on all three. They similar. However, the Sun has the International cafe and looks fresher (cause of fitout) in buffet area.

Dawn might have had a refit. But been over a year or so since I've cruised on her.

I think the Dawn buffet area might had an update since you sailed on her, Sarah. It looked fresh to me, and similar to the one on Sun.

The Sushi place was never used when we sailed on Sun.

When we sailed on Sun, Christmas 2014, they trialled a flat charge of $20pp and you could have as much as you liked from the menu. It seemed quite popular when it was open for lunch on sea days but I'm not sure how popular it was at dinner.

We tried it and some of the appetisers were great but the sashimi, sushi, and seafood udon soup were all awful.

After that they reverted back to a la carte pricing and no customers. :rolleyes:

The Sushi place was never used when we sailed on Sun...

I sailed on the Dawn last November and it still has Magnums. It is a great place for relaxing during the day with comfortable chairs and lounges. I'm sailing on the Sun in two weeks and it has the Sushi Restaurant. Last time I was on the Sun, as others have mentioned, the restaurant was empty most of the time. You can sit at the tables during the day but it's not like the Magnums with the wonderful seating and quiet atmosphere during the day and the pub atmosphere after 4pm. I hope that what I hear is true and the Sushi restaurant will be replaced with a Magnum's type arrangement at the next refit.