Do most recommend Air2sea?

12 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

George, I have never flown Business, mainly because we couldn't afford it, however we do have an upcoming TA from Barcelona Oct 2020. Our TA will end in Miami but I would need a round trip ticket from So Calif to MIA and a 1 way to BCN. What would you recommend

Agree, when flight/dates were released I checked Air2Sea Business class prices for my April2019 Barcelona TA was half of what booking directly threw Airlines/Travel sites. But as got closer to sailing advantage is gone...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Choice Air was used by us before when we did a transatlantic cruise and the price was much better than booking directly with the airline and we had no issues at all. This, of course,  was a one way flight.   In 2020, we will be flying round trip from Boston to Amsterdam for a British Isle cruise. Based on your experiience is it less expensive to book separate one way flights to and from Amsterdam or to book round trip? I have read on Cruisecritic that the price for a one way flight for TA's on Choice Air is still great but maybe not so much for a round trip ticket. Delta offers non stop flights so probably book with them and would prefer either business class or extra comfort/legroom seats. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions

30 minutes ago, sally4909 said:

Choice Air was used by us before when we did a transatlantic cruise and the price was much better than booking directly with the airline and we had no issues at all. This, of course,  was a one way flight.   In 2020, we will be flying round trip from Boston to Amsterdam for a British Isle cruise. Based on your experiience is it less expensive to book separate one way flights to and from Amsterdam or to book round trip? I have read on Cruisecritic that the price for a one way flight for TA's on Choice Air is still great but maybe not so much for a round trip ticket. Delta offers non stop flights so probably book with them and would prefer either business class or extra comfort/legroom seats. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions

My experience has been that it's less expensive to book two one-way international flights.

However, I'd also check each method for your situation.

Thanks host Clarea for your quick response. Do you know if the discounts thru Choice Air are better for business class than a basic or extra comfort seat? As you say, doing lots of checking may answer my own question, but hearing other Cruisecritic member experiences helps, as well, so I do appreciate your answers.

5 minutes ago, sally4909 said:

Thanks host Clarea for your quick response. Do you know if the discounts thru Choice Air are better for business class than a basic or extra comfort seat? As you say, doing lots of checking may answer my own question, but hearing other Cruisecritic member experiences helps, as well, so I do appreciate your answers.

Sorry, I've never looked at Business Class pricing. 

If Patti comes along, she would know.

4 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

George, I have never flown Business, mainly because we couldn't afford it, however we do have an upcoming TA from Barcelona Oct 2020. Our TA will end in Miami but I would need a round trip ticket from So Calif to MIA and a 1 way to BCN. What would you recommend

We just booked cheapest business which was American Airlines , really cool seats we were in a pod most people could lay completely flat , at 6’4” I could almost lie flat , entertainment was excellent choose of about a hundred movies , excellent headphones I think they were Bose, food was not good. Lots to drink 😁😁, cool thing is Barcelona has a free lounge for business and first class with free food and drinks wine , beer and good stuff which was nice while waiting for plane. Again we searched on our own and best we could find was with rccl. Barcelona was a great place to visit would love to go back.

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Air2Sea will not have better fares than the airline sites for purely domestic travel. 

Air2Sea will try to get you to the next stop, should your booked flight get cancelled or delayed such that you miss the ship.  However, with an Alaska cruise, if the ship is ending the cruise in the US, the PVSA will prevent Air2Sea from flying you to some other US port to catch the ship.

We are planning an Alaskan cruise that starts in Seward and ends in Vancouver.  We would be flying from S. Florida to Alaska, via stops in ????? city.   We are doing a land package for a few days prior to the sailing.  We are less concerned about delays of course on our return flights to S. Florida.

38 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Sorry, I've never looked at Business Class pricing. 

If Patti comes along, she would know.

Our BC fares on Delta and Lufthansa last year ran between $800 and $1,200 pp each way.  These were from Barcelona or Copenhagen to Orlando.  Our Copenhagen to Orlando this spring was $800, booked early.  Now that fare has doubled.

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Our BC fares on Delta and Lufthansa last year ran between $800 and $1,200 pp each way.  These were from Barcelona or Copenhagen to Orlando.  Our Copenhagen to Orlando this spring was $800, booked early.  Now that fare has doubled.

Was this via Air2Sea?

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

My experience has been that it's less expensive to book two one-way international flights.

However, I'd also check each method for your situation.

Agree, same experience. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

Bob our 1 way flight to Copenhagen for our August 2017 cruise from Boston was $816 total for husband & I through Air 2 Sea. Daughter & I are booked for the Oct 25, 2020 Western Med & Nov 1 TA out of Barcelona so will definately go Air 2 Sea. Right now unless I can end up with something better, will book our flights to MIA round trip then unto BCN Non stop. 

Gay

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Correct.  Haven't booked any since pricing got wonky.  Will need to book a March 2020 in about 3 months from now.

Yeah, I have to book flights for a Fall TA.  Guess I will have to call them.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yeah, I have to book flights for a Fall TA.  Guess I will have to call them.

Price on website for the May flight from Copenhagen was over 5 grand.  Emailed TA and she could get it for $1,500. 

However the website has the direct flight on Norwegian for around $300. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Price on website for the May flight from Copenhagen was over 5 grand.  Emailed TA and she could get it for $1,500. 

However the website has the direct flight on Norwegian for around $300. 

I can't find anything on the website  less than $2K for economy, one-way to BCN.

On 3/2/2016 at 7:53 PM, LizzieandLuke said:

Welcome to Philadelphia - the City of Brotherly Love. We have great food, art, and culture.

The best kept secret is SPIRIT Airlines which flies out of Atlantic City NJ to Orlando. I am flying my family of four for under $700 round trip for our Freedom cruise in August. Atlantic City is roughly an hour from Philly - no traffic. Good Luck.

I second the welcome!

Just curious, does that $700 include all of their fees? seat charge, carry on, luggage, etc....I heard they are charing to go to the bathroom now! lol

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I can't find anything on the website  less than $2K for economy, one-way to BCN.

The Norwegian fare is $270 for Economy and $860 for Business. Direct flight into MCO.  Non stop on a 787

John we flew Norwegian however we had a stop in Reykjavic and if I ever fly to Copenhagen again I will only do a Non Stop. We had a good flight, it was the stop in Reykjavic that wasn't the best as we were bused back & forth between the plane and small terminal. No jet Ways. Planes were parked out in the north  forty and you had to climb the stairs with your carry on. Not ideal for someone with mobility issues.

26 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

John we flew Norwegian however we had a stop in Reykjavic and if I ever fly to Copenhagen again I will only do a Non Stop. We had a good flight, it was the stop in Reykjavic that wasn't the best as we were bused back & forth between the plane and small terminal. No jet Ways. Planes were parked out in the north  forty and you had to climb the stairs with your carry on. Not ideal for someone with mobility issues.

Are you sure that wasn't Iceland Air?  They always seem to stop in Reykjavik.  I think Norwegian's flights to US are almost all non stops.