Email for dining room requests

I may give it a shot too for my July 1 cruise. I've got MTD and have made 6:15 reservations - also cruising solo and would prefer a 2-top to myself just based on 2 situations where I was made extremely uncomfortable by the conversation assigned tablemates made (basically it was extremely clear that they had issues with who I am - without them knowing as I'm not what one typically thinks of when they think of the term...I "pass" easily). If I do, I'll post back what I hear.

Wait, we have to make reservations for MTD? I thought that was the entire point of MTD, so you didn't have a set time every night? Now I need to contact someone about a time?!

Wait, we have to make reservations for MTD? I thought that was the entire point of MTD, so you didn't have a set time every night? Now I need to contact someone about a time?!

No, it's your choice if you want to make reservations. You can still just show up whenever you want.

I've never emailed them before but I emailed them last week for my May 14th Anthem sailing (before reading any of the comments regarding the change.) Marlene Prieto said to email back two weeks prior to sailing.

I wasn't sure if that was due to it being too early if it in fact had to do with the change for Anthem. So I'll email back at the end of April/May 1st.

MDR floor plan,

This is for Bob, are you familiar at all with the vision floor plan?

I would like to make a request, never have. We always end up by the window at the front of the MDR , and truly never feel part of the whole experience.

I know my DD love to be in the middle of the dining rooms, any suggestions on that?

thanks in advance, you have been a tremendous resource!

Hi

We sat at table 148 when we sailed the Vision in January. It was an awesome table. It was a 6 top, next to the Captains table. Right in the middle of the dining room. Hope this helps.

Laurie

I've never emailed them before but I emailed them last week for my May 14th Anthem sailing (before reading any of the comments regarding the change.) Marlene Prieto said to email back two weeks prior to sailing.

I wasn't sure if that was due to it being too early if it in fact had to do with the change for Anthem. So I'll email back at the end of April/May 1st.

I'm sailing on Anthem this Friday. They weren't able to address my email request until 9 days prior to sailing

I'm sailing on Anthem this Friday. They weren't able to address my email request until 9 days prior to sailing

That's a normal timeframe for the ship people to be doing the dining assignments. That's why I suggest sending the email around 3 weeks before the cruise, to give it time to get through Miami and forwarded to the ship about the right time.

First time on RCL and have attempted to email a request for a MDR table to fit my party of 10 for our Allure cruise in July.

My email was sent to reservations@rccl off of the RCL FAQ section. This was the reply I received:

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Upon reviewing your reservation, we see you are cross referenced for dining at 6:00pm with the following reservations:

Due to this, you will all be seated together in the dining room at one large table or two smaller tables next to each other. We will add a notation to the bookings that you would prefer a table for 10 next to a window; however, this is just a request. Regrettably, we are unable to confirm seating assignments in the Main Dining Room prior to the cruise. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause".

Is there a ship specific email for the Allure to try? Do we just plan on "begging" at embarkation at the Food and Beverage table? Or are the chances extremely slim that we get a table for 10 and we need to "start choosing straws" on who has to sit with whom? LOL ;)

First time on RCL and have attempted to email a request for a MDR table to fit my party of 10 for our Allure cruise in July.

My email was sent to reservations@rccl off of the RCL FAQ section. This was the reply I received:

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Upon reviewing your reservation, we see you are cross referenced for dining at 6:00pm with the following reservations:

Due to this, you will all be seated together in the dining room at one large table or two smaller tables next to each other. We will add a notation to the bookings that you would prefer a table for 10 next to a window; however, this is just a request. Regrettably, we are unable to confirm seating assignments in the Main Dining Room prior to the cruise. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause".

Is there a ship specific email for the Allure to try? Do we just plan on "begging" at embarkation at the Food and Beverage table? Or are the chances extremely slim that we get a table for 10 and we need to "start choosing straws" on who has to sit with whom? LOL ;)

When you send an email to rcldining@rccl.com, it gets forwarded to the ship specific email.

You don't HAVE to, but at some point prior to your cruise the opportunity to will open in your Cruise Planner. There are two - maybe three, but I'll decide about the third later - nights that I know I will do room service or buffet, or maybe just snack, but for the others I know that I would like to eat in the MDR and at around the same time. Hopefully that will make it easier to have the same table and servers rather than move around. I like the MTD option because it seems much easier to not be seated with others (solo, would rather not deal with either a "solo dump" table or be the "weird solo among couples") - but I also like knowing that there will be a table at (or close to) the time I prefer as opposed to going to the MDR at the time I prefer and having to wait (possibly for a long time) and probably/possibly have a different table and/or servers every night.

There was a report on here a week or so ago from someone on Brilliance (the ship I will be on) who said that when he went the first night he was told if he didn't have a reservation he couldn't eat there. Granted we know his side of the story only and he did not report that he attempted to go again or go to guest services over not being allowed to eat in the MDR with non-reservation MTD - it could well have been a misunderstanding of what was said that first night.

But primarily for the first reasons I mentioned and just a tiny bit for the last I feel better having the reservations since the option is given.

Thanks Clarea for clarifying the correct email. I did read through the thread and see that you had advised to use that email several times.

I suspect you must be a very patient individual. No doubt I will have more questions for you in the months to come before my cruise. :)

Thanks Clarea for clarifying the correct email. I did read through the thread and see that you had advised to use that email several times.

I suspect you must be a very patient individual. No doubt I will have more questions for you in the months to come before my cruise. :)

You are welcome, and feel free to ask questions. There are many helpful people who contribute to this forum.

For those following this, I just completed my cruise this past weekend, and the table I was assigned by requesting through the rcldining email was exactly what they told me it would be, so I was very pleased and thankful for this forum for the information!

I have emailed requests prior and it's been 5 years since I've cruised with RC so I completely forgot about email requests for MDR table assignment requests. Emailed last night for upcoming April 10 departure. Got a response from Marlene early this morning that my email was forwarded to the vessel (Mona Gutierrez).

My question is should I be expecting a response from Mona Gutierrez as well? I read through this thread and I thought some people said that an email confirmation was received by Mona. So I am not sure to expect another response or not.

I have emailed requests prior and it's been 5 years since I've cruised with RC so I completely forgot about email requests for MDR table assignment requests. Emailed last night for upcoming April 10 departure. Got a response from Marlene early this morning that my email was forwarded to the vessel (Mona Gutierrez).

My question is should I be expecting a response from Mona Gutierrez as well? I read through this thread and I thought some people said that an email confirmation was received by Mona. So I am not sure to expect another response or not.

I received my response today for our 4/17 cruise on the LOS. It came from

Marlene Prieto, Administrator Restaurant Operation. It had been forwarded to her from Mona Gutierrez.

I hope this is helpful for you and have a fantastic cruise.

Can I ask if anyone knows how the dining room co-or donator feels about tables for 3? Previous experience is they would rather match up two groups of three to fill a 6 top but we would really prefer to have something just for the three of us.

Wondered is anyone had experienced this?

Thanks