Ovation booking May 2016

Have booked a balcony cabin on this ship a few months ago and now find prices have dropped significantly and are now £600 less than I paid! I am a Diamond Member of RC and am mortified that RC are not prepared to offer any kind of refund against my cabin. This is a new ship and has been vastly overpriced - there is still a huge availability on balcony cabins just two months before departure which is why prices have plummeted. How much further are they going to drop?

Have another cruise with RC booked later in the year and am seriously considering cancelling this and changing to another cruiseline who is prepared to treat their loyal members accordingly.

Have booked a balcony cabin on this ship a few months ago and now find prices have dropped significantly and are now £600 less than I paid! I am a Diamond Member of RC and am mortified that RC are not prepared to offer any kind of refund against my cabin. This is a new ship and has been vastly overpriced - there is still a huge availability on balcony cabins just two months before departure which is why prices have plummeted. How much further are they going to drop?

Have another cruise with RC booked later in the year and am seriously considering cancelling this and changing to another cruiseline who is prepared to treat their loyal members accordingly.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Did you book direct or via a travel agent? I ask because sometimes TAs are not willing to get you the price drop as it effects their commission. I am fortunate to have a good UK agent (although I usually book in the USA) and she secured me a £500 drop on my Ovation cruise. I know others on the Roll Call were not fortunate as their agents refused to help.

As a Diamond member however I would have thought you would know about the variances and inconsistency of the agents in Guatemala.:rolleyes:

And your point is???

If the cruise was "vastly overpriced" why on Earth did you book it?

Prices go down in order to fill empty berths, very simple economics. So your choices are: book early for best stateroom availability and risk paying a bit more or book late and get better pricing but more limited stateroom options.

Would it be cheaper for you to cancel, lose the deposit, and rebook?

If not, unfortunately that's the rules in the UK that they don't offer price drops like they do in the US.

Bare in mind that some sailings you get the free drinks included for 2016 sailings by rebooking, so that may also offset the loss of deposit if necessary.

Being a diamond member has nothing to do with your question.

You were happy with the price you paid initially or you wouldn't have booked.

You should definitely go ahead and cancel !!! It´s the only way to tell them.

I booked the 10th May cruise on Ovation whilst onboard another RCI ship last year. When I booked I asked the question that as I was booking direct with RCI outside of the UK would I receive the benefit of a price drop should that happen. I was assured I would. The reality is that the price dropped but RCI would not pass this on. I therefore cancelled the booking and lost the £50 per person deposit. However the good news was I rebooked another balcony cabin at the dropped price saving almost £600 per person. Teach me to get assurances in writing next time. But hey-ho, all's well that ends well. Roll on May.