Live from the 3/5/16 Emerald

Host CJSKIDS

Hi,

I am new to cruising and having my wedding March 26th-April 2, Emerald, we were told to not worry about Spring breakers then I am reading this thread and FREAKING OUT ! Was it bad ? We had an awful time in Colorado in January due to LSU college kids

Hi,

I am new to cruising and having my wedding March 26th-April 2, Emerald, we were told to not worry about Spring breakers then I am reading this thread and FREAKING OUT ! Was it bad ? We had an awful time in Colorado in January due to LSU college kids

I am on the same cruise. It will be the third time I have boarded a Princess cruise on Easter weekend and the previous two were very relaxing with few kids and virtually no college students that I could see. All schools will be back in by then--for most Florida colleges it's only four weeks before final exams.

I can't imagine anything remotely close to what is being reported from a short spring break getaway cruise will occur to interfere with your wedding and honeymoon. So congratulations and enjoy!

I am on the same cruise. It will be the third time I have boarded a Princess cruise on Easter weekend and the previous two were very relaxing with few kids and virtually no college students that I could see. All schools will be back in by then--for most Florida colleges it's only four weeks before final exams.

I can't imagine anything remotely close to what is being reported from a short spring break getaway cruise will occur to interfere with your wedding and honeymoon. So congratulations and enjoy!

We were also on the 3/5 cruise with the spring-break kids. Although it was difficult at times to get a drink at the pool bars, we really were not bothered by them. We were probably fortunate that they didn't have rooms by ours so we didn't hear them at night (Caribe/Aft). We were usually up early (6-7am) took our meals early (noon and six), and retired early (10-11pm) so it was as if we were on opposite schedules, assuming they stayed up late and slept in. At Princess Cays we went to the right (quiet side) and the party-ers went left. The bar on the quiet side was not too busy. At Grand Turks they did monopolize the Margaritaville bar so we patiently waited to get close and then ordered extra while we were there. Then we moved down the beach to Jack's Shack for lunch. Their exuberance was entertaining to us, but we have kids at home that age and are used to it. In fact, we commented more than once that we preferred them to the elderly slow walker type.

We were also on the 3/5 cruise with the spring-break kids. Although it was difficult at times to get a drink at the pool bars, we really were not bothered by them. We were probably fortunate that they didn't have rooms by ours so we didn't hear them at night (Caribe/Aft). We were usually up early (6-7am) took our meals early (noon and six), and retired early (10-11pm) so it was as if we were on opposite schedules, assuming they stayed up late and slept in. At Princess Cays we went to the right (quiet side) and the party-ers went left. The bar on the quiet side was not too busy. At Grand Turks they did monopolize the Margaritaville bar so we patiently waited to get close and then ordered extra while we were there. Then we moved down the beach to Jack's Shack for lunch. Their exuberance was entertaining to us, but we have kids at home that age and are used to it. In fact, we commented more than once that we preferred them to the elderly slow walker type.

We were on this cruise, also. It was our first Princess cruise. We had a mini-suite on Dolphin and had no water or power problems. Yes, there were a lot of spring breakers, but it certainly did not deter us from having a great time. We spent both sea days poolside and had no problems with the young people in the area. We ate supper in the main dining room and there were hardly any young people at the early seating. The dress code seemed to be followed by everyone I saw. We rented a clam shell on Princess Cay and our area was very quiet. We had a private snorkeling excursion on Grand Turk, so we did not go to the bars there.

There seemed to be a lot of "card sharing" for the unlimited drink packages. That must have slowed down once the bars started requiring a photo ID. Several times I saw bartenders having to tell young people that their card was rejected and sent them to passenger services to get it taken care of. I had a soda package and was seldom asked for my cruise card even when I didn't use the coke cup I was given. I think they were just so relieved to be serving an adult that they didn't care!

There seemed to be a lot of "card sharing" for the unlimited drink packages. That must have slowed down once the bars started requiring a photo ID. Several times I saw bartenders having to tell young people that their card was rejected and sent them to passenger services to get it taken care of. I had a soda package and was seldom asked for my cruise card even when I didn't use the coke cup I was given. I think they were just so relieved to be serving an adult that they didn't care!

This still doesn't prevent anyone from passing a drink to any of their friends.

This still doesn't prevent anyone from passing a drink to any of their friends.

No, it didn't and that's what many of the kids did. They would get a drink and then say that were just going to another bar. The bartenders would then tell them that there was a 15 minute wait for another drink, at least at Crooners.

There were actually kids who had their cards cut off. One young man and his girlfriend were sharing their card and got caught. Their card was canceled.

No, it didn't and that's what many of the kids did. They would get a drink and then say that were just going to another bar. The bartenders would then tell them that there was a 15 minute wait for another drink, at least at Crooners.

There were actually kids who had their cards cut off. One young man and his girlfriend were sharing their card and got caught. Their card was canceled.

That sounds reasonable.

• 4 weeks later...

We have used transfers-heathrow-airport before, they did not arrive ontime, and we had to take the taxi from Park Plaza Westminister Bridge to Heathrow Airport.

any one else have a reliable taxi service used from heathrow to southampton cruise port?

:confused:with http://www.airportstransport.co.uk aswell, made the booking 2 days ago and haven't got any reply yet..!!!

please advise...