Live from the 3/5/16 Emerald

Host CJSKIDS

It has been an interesting cruise so far. There have got to be around 800-900 spring breakers on the cruise and I seriously think the bars may run out of liquor!! The bars are packed and there are very long lines to get a drink. It’s so not the normal for Princess in all of the cruises I have taken. People seem to be getting very frustrated. Bo (bartender who we knew from the Regal) came back on board just yesterday and he says he feels like he has been back on board for 5 months already!! The attire at Crooners in the evening seems to be bathing suits without shirts or coverups. Not used to sitting next to sweaty drunk kids while up there in the evenings! I'm used to being around that age, just not used to it on Princess. Not sure I would have booked this had I have known.

The Emerald looks great. Today in the Sanctuary was enjoyable, though I will say that the attendants in there don’t compare at all to those on the Regal. I’m just extremely thankful that we got our passes up there for the entire cruise.

Last night we ate at The Salty Dog. It was good but took too long. The guy in there playing guitar is fantastic!! Tonight is dinner at the Crown Grill.

Weather has been great and the seas have been calm. Looking forward to the remainder of the trip.

Have a great cruise!

Oh I am, trust me! Even the young girl throwing up in the bathroom by Crooners as we were sailing away didn't deter me from enjoying. I just ordered another original chocolate martini and sat people watching.

I live right by Mary Brickell village in Miami so I see this happen all the time.

Some people are not so lucky with their cabins as there are 4 to a room with spring breakers, loud music is playing and they are running around yelling. Don't think the bartenders are used to making so many shots!

The kids are all fun to talk to and I've not seen any disrespect shown from them to anyone at all. It's just a very different experience.

Oh I am, trust me! Even the young girl throwing up in the bathroom by Crooners as we were sailing away didn't deter me from enjoying. I just ordered another original chocolate martini and sat people watching.

I live right by Mary Brickell village in Miami so I see this happen all the time.

Some people are not so lucky with their cabins as there are 4 to a room with spring breakers, loud music is playing and they are running around yelling. Don't think the bartenders are used to making so many shots!

The kids are all fun to talk to and I've not seen any disrespect shown from them to anyone at all. It's just a very different experience.

Oh I love the Brickell area! Ate at Toscana Divino, it was very good.

Also need a Versailles fix!

I feel bad for security!! :eek:

Thanks for posting. :)

We're boarding in a couple of days, too. I am wondering if it will be the same?! :confused:

I notice you haven't eaten dinner in the MDR. Have you heard what the MDR is like, with all the spring breakers? Is it loud and noisy? Is the dress code in the dining rooms being enforced?

Have a good time. And, see you soon on board. ;)

Edited by metairiegal

Oh I love the Brickell area! Ate at Toscana Divino, it was very good.

Also need a Versailles fix!

I feel bad for security!! :eek:

Toscana is one of my absolute favorites! Love it.

I haven't been in the main dining room so I have no Idea what it's like.

Evidently by 1 pm they had run through every drop of liquor on princess cay but beer!!

How difficult is it to get a seat in the Sanctuary? Especially if one is to board as early as possible?

Thanks!

Tracie - It can be difficult if there's a lot of B2Bers that have booked it before you've even boarded. Just make a bee-line for it and book ASAP.

Poor you, Carolyn. Ugh is all I can say. Hope it goes better.

Thanks for that! I plan to jog up there as soon as I board. I am traveling solo, so I have a smidge of hope there will be a single lounger available...

Fingers crossed!

Edited by TracieABD

Hi Carolyn-

We had the exact same experience on our last cruise on the Caribbean Princess last year. It was a 5-night cruise that coincided with Florida State's spring break. Oh my. We were well entertained by our fellow young cruisers who were very nice and polite but REALLY liked to party.

Hope you're enjoying Crown Grill tonight. We ate there twice and loved it. I had a carton of Kroger Greek Yogurt for dinner tonight. Times have changed!

Interesting incident in Crooners tonight. One very drunk girl. Knocked over drinks, kept bumping into people including me. They actually cut off her and she started making threats.

We made sure to go down to the Passenger services desk to make sure that they knew it wasn't the bar staff, it was the girl. They asked us to write a complaint since they have gotten so many. We told them no complaints, we just don't want any of the bar staff to get in trouble. They have all been amazing and way over worked.

Dinner at Crown Grill tonight, amazing! Jeffrey was our server and we will be back on the last night as well. Have to say our room steward Ricky is top notch. The ship really does look great. And the new beds and pillows...excellent! Perfect day today!

Edited by cjskids

Hi Carolyn-

We had the exact same experience on our last cruise on the Caribbean Princess last year. It was a 5-night cruise that coincided with Florida State's spring break. Oh my. We were well entertained by our fellow young cruisers who were very nice and polite but REALLY liked to party.

Hope you're enjoying Crown Grill tonight. We ate there twice and loved it. I had a carton of Kroger Greek Yogurt for dinner tonight. Times have changed!

We did totally enjoy Crown Grill tonight. Service and food was amazing as always.

Came on very excited about the Emerald from following you and we are so happy. You were so right in all of your thoughts and observations. The crew seems so happy and can't seem to do enough for you. Well, we will see tomorrow morning when I ask for peanut butter and lettuce on toast!! LOL

Thanks for your updates! Looking forward to boarding Thursday, especially now that you have confirmed that Bo is back in Crooners!! We had so much fun with him and 'Kay' in October!!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

Thanks for your updates! Looking forward to boarding Thursday, especially now that you have confirmed that Bo is back in Crooners!! We had so much fun with him and 'Kay' in October!!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

Bo is back but they don't have him in Crooners. He is at the Outrigger bar during the day which has been too crazy to get near. He also is working at the nightclub at night I believe.

Chirs is one of the bartenders at Crooners and the other fellows name is escaping me. They are great guys, you will enjoy them.

I booked a cruise as a nine day trip. In reality it was a four day and five day. (Silly me!) We are home form our adventures and we noticed too the difference in the passengers make up. A lot younger group on both legs and yes, there was always a clog at the bars.

May the rest of your trip be peaceful.