Live from the 3/5/16 Emerald

Host CJSKIDS

Thank you for the shimmery glimmer of hope, Carolyn! I have nothing against college kids. I have actually spent a quite a bit of time around them. Not a fan of vomiting, college kids. Come to think of it, not a fan of vomiting anyone!

I hope the power came back on. I am thinking it did, as there has been no report otherwise!

Have a great sea day tomorrow!

Tracie-Lynn

The power did come back on. It was a short blackout as the Captain called it.

You really will be fine next week. This is a first for them from all accounts we have heard.

something funny last night, I was sitting in my barstool at Crooners and looked down and found men's sandals on the floor. Looks like someone lost them and walked away shoeless!! It gave all of us a good chuckle at the bar!!!

Here are the numbers for our sailing.

2151 Blue

558 Gold

194 Ruby

336 Platinum

130 Elite

Total: 3369 pax

I keep telling people not to judge princess by this sailing.

Wow! That's a LOT of newbies! I'm surprised how few Elite members are on, but I guess most were smart enough to stay away from the short spring break sailings....well, smarter than me! I'm hopping on board on Thursday! :D

I talked to the pax services night manager last night. He had security roving through all known stateroom problem areas...made a huge difference. Only heard one raucous outburst in the hallway. Finally got some sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

While I appreciate your feedback, I am basing my opinion off of cruising every year during spring break time, and we have yet to experience any university students onboard, to the extent of what the OP is stating. So yes, it may be different where you are at, however I work in the school system and our spring break is always the last week of March...

I also work in the college system, and have worked in K12. Have friends all across the country at other colleges. I have also cruised many times over spring break.

If you look here, you can see how spread out they are:

http://blog.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break

There are quite a few of them on 3/19 which is the 3rd week (some rather large ones - Most of the University of CA system, Univ of WA, Texas Tech, University of Colorado, University of Illinois). If Easter is later, there are often a ton of schools later. Depends on the year.

Edited by Coral

The power did come back on. It was a short blackout as the Captain called it.

You really will be fine next week. This is a first for them from all accounts we have heard.

something funny last night, I was sitting in my barstool at Crooners and looked down and found men's sandals on the floor. Looks like someone lost them and walked away shoeless!! It gave all of us a good chuckle at the bar!!!

Thanks, Carolyn-

Are you staying on for the next cruise as well?

This was briefly true when the AIBP was first rolled out a couple years ago. Not any more--many, many reports on here from those who bought the package on short getaway cruises. Your TA is well behind the times.

ETA: I see you are on Emerald next week--wasn't the AIBP available for purchase in your cruise personalizer?

Yeah, it is. I heard though it was only a 7+ day thing so contacted TA and she confirmed it. After calculating everything out we don't see ourselves breaking even on it so we are passing on it. Wife and I are not heavy drinkers.

While I appreciate your feedback, I am basing my opinion off of cruising every year during spring break time, and we have yet to experience any university students onboard, to the extent of what the OP is stating. So yes, it may be different where you are at, however I work in the school system and our spring break is always the last week of March...

Thank you on informing me that it is not a 7+ day thing...our TA I guess isn't up to speed.

Yeah, it is. I heard though it was only a 7+ day thing so contacted TA and she confirmed it. After calculating everything out we don't see ourselves breaking even on it so we are passing on it. Wife and I are not heavy drinkers.

2151 Blue

558 Gold

194 Ruby

336 Platinum

130 Elite

Let us know what the top three cruiser numbers are. It should prove interesting.

The ship is rocking and rolling tonight. It's hard to walk straight in the back of the ship!!

Dinner tonight was at Share and I have to say it was absolutely amazing. The 3 woman sitting at the table next to us thought so as well.

I had the Cavatelli, Beef Cheek Pie and Ricotta Fritters (skipped the cheese) and my husband had the Tagliatelle, Twice cooked Duck and the Dark chocolate Cremeux. For the sides we had the Melted leeks and the Braised Kale. It was all just wonderful! I would come back to this in a heartbeat.

Thank you for the shimmery glimmer of hope, Carolyn! I have nothing against college kids. I have actually spent a quite a bit of time around them. Not a fan of vomiting, college kids. Come to think of it, not a fan of vomiting anyone!

I hope the power came back on. I am thinking it did, as there has been no report otherwise!

Have a great sea day tomorrow!

Tracie-Lynn

Shouldn't you be packing?! Got a cabin assignment yet?

Hope you have a fantastic cruise! I was tempted to jump on this one, too, but glad I didn't as it turns out I have a second-round, on-campus interview on Monday out in the middle of flyover country. Wish me luck. And I'll wish you luck that TBGCS is on the four-night-cruise dinner menu!

Shouldn't you be packing?! Got a cabin assignment yet?

Hope you have a fantastic cruise! I was tempted to jump on this one, too, but glad I didn't as it turns out I have a second-round, on-campus interview on Monday out in the middle of flyover country. Wish me luck. And I'll wish you luck that TBGCS is on the four-night-cruise dinner menu!

Packed, printed, painted and just waiting to go...

I do have a cabin. I so wish you were going to be on board, but I think you pick it right! Email me the dets-- I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Me? I think this is my last semester.

Edited by TracieABD

The ship is rocking and rolling tonight. It's hard to walk straight in the back of the ship!!

Dinner tonight was at Share and I have to say it was absolutely amazing. The 3 woman sitting at the table next to us thought so as well.

I had the Cavatelli, Beef Cheek Pie and Ricotta Fritters (skipped the cheese) and my husband had the Tagliatelle, Twice cooked Duck and the Dark chocolate Cremeux. For the sides we had the Melted leeks and the Braised Kale. It was all just wonderful! I would come back to this in a heartbeat.

Glad you enjoyed your Share experience.....:):):)

Bob

2151 Blue

558 Gold

194 Ruby

336 Platinum

130 Elite

Lots of rookies on this cruise.....:D:D:D

Bob

I also work in the college system, and have worked in K12. Have friends all across the country at other colleges. I have also cruised many times over spring break.

If you look here, you can see how spread out they are:

http://blog.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break

There are quite a few of them on 3/19 which is the 3rd week (some rather large ones - Most of the University of CA system, Univ of WA, Texas Tech, University of Colorado, University of Illinois). If Easter is later, there are often a ton of schools later. Depends on the year.

I am a UC student and will be sailing on the Emerald soon. Spring breakers are by far the worst. If my schedule allowed, I would sail on off season. I am a old soul; I don't party and I'd prefer to relax or engage in thoughtful conversations with other passengers. So I am praying that the spring breakers during my cruise are respectful, appropriate, and NOT going crazy.

My last spring break cruise was with Princess and they did a GREAT job making sure everyone was on their best behavior. We had a ton of kids onboard, they hired security just for the youth. All children(ages 0- 22) were very well behaved and most the time I never saw them!

I am on this cruise also, holy college kids! Agree with all earlier posts. All bars full of kids, can't even see the name of the bars! Lol. We are in D222 and a group of kids would go past our door at 1am ish and again about 3 am ish. Hooping and hollering in the hall. This has stopped completely now. Agree with what other posters said though, the few conversations we have had in elevators with the youngsters they were respectful. I am still in awe though because we sail almost every year at this time and have never ever had this many young people, not even close. Wow!

Having a great time! Crown Grill was excellent! Food has been pretty good in dining room. Never found anything in horizon court for lunch yet. Guess I'm picky. Water is very hot in sink and little more than Luke warm in shower. New bed had a soft cushion of some sort where the twins connect that was not comfortable. Had room steward take whatever it was out and now it's heaven! Sheets, pillows and comforter are wonderful also. Our room Stewart is the best we have ever had! (Edward) Overall we are enjoying our cruise immensely and can't wait for the next leg, kids or no kids! 😀😀

Wonderful day up in the Sanctuary again. Just love it up there.

Little excitement this afternoon on the deck near the Sanctuary as one young lady was screaming very loudly for some boy to go away and stay away. She yelled quite a bit at him and then yelled if he didn't leave she would call security. The kid was smart and finally moved away.

The weather was just beautiful today. What a wonderful afternoon to finish up the cruise!

Well the cruise is ending way too quickly.

Thank you to the people I met at Crooners tonight that had taped the young man jumping and doing a cannon from the upper deck into the pool a deck below. That was just something.

I hope that everyone that is staying on has the greatest of times. Wishing you fair winds and calm seas!!

any good tip for the best transport service from heathrow or london to Southampton cruise port..

Transport from Heathrow Airport or London Hotel to Southampton port on the july 2nd. for Emerald Princess.