Baltic clothing June

I have only cruised before in the sunshine, such as med and Caribbean. So my June cruise is first Baltic cruise. So my other cruises shorts and T shirts were the order of the day for all excursions, I only wore long trousers on the ship in the evening.

What would I wear for example in Helsinki or SPB, do I need to pack more trousers and less shorts, more warmer tops and less T shirts? I take a light raincoat on all cruises so will do same for Baltic

Depends on the weather and when in June. Days can be warm and sunny or cold and rainy. Too early to tell at the moment since it can differ allot from one year to another.

You probably won't need shorts though at least not if you're cursing in early June. T-shirts might come in handy if weather is nice.

Set a packing deadline and check the forecasts and hope they are correct.

Edited by Desdichado62

for example in Helsinki or SPB, do I need to pack more trousers and less shorts, more warmer tops and less T shirts?

I would say yes. Last year, for example, the July was quite cold. July or early August might have weather fitting for shorts and by then the sea has accumulated enough heat so that even cloudy days don't get cold. But counting on a warm June is in my mind a bit too risky. Expect rather a mix of warmer and colder days.

One example: for June:

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/ESSB/2015/6/12/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Stockholm&req_statename=Sweden&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=02485

June 12th last year. Actual max termp was 25C which is 77F, four days earlier it was only 14C (57), an 11 degree C difference (20 d.F difference).

For the entire month, +25C was the warmest max temp and +14C was the coldest,

As I said, it can be very large difference both within a couple of days and from year to another.

So my advice still stands, check the forecast a couple of days before you leave, pack according to it (with some backup clothes) and then hope that they got it right.

Edited by Desdichado62

Check averages on Weather Underground. I'm expecting 40s to 60s in May. Not bringing shorts at all.

And while you are from Louisiana and I am from Alaska, I will be bringing shorts on my May, 2017 Baltics cruise. I am comfortable in them from 50 degrees on up. I guess it just depends on what a person is used to.