Upsell email

iriemon

I received an upsell offer today from a balcony to a mini for $99. Since I had booked a guarantee balcony and was assigned a mid-ship premium balcony on Caribe deck, I'm pretty happy with my cabin so will pass on the offer. I am Platinum with 13 cruises with Princess and have received several upsell offers so have no idea what the logic is.

I am also a Platinum with 13 cruises but have not been on Princess for 2 years (been on other lines) so I didn't know if I would get one or not

That's great & hopefully you'll enjoy the Regal as much as us. :)

Have been on the Royal and enjoyed it and will be looking for the minor differences. Think the pool on 17 is a great addition

I am Platinum with 13 cruises with Princess and have received several upsell offers so have no idea what the logic is.

Good to know. I am elite and have 20+ cruises ... not offered an upsell once. But then again, not had too many bad cruises so really cannot complain.

I am also elite with 20+ cruises. I don't think that has anything to do with upsells.

I got an upsell offer today for our upcoming 21 day TA on the Caribbean Princess to go from an Emerald Deck mini-suite to a suite.

Grand (Cat S1) size from: 1277 sqft- $1999 USD/$2899 CAD* per person.**

Owner's (Cat S2) size from: 687 sqft- $1699 USD/$2464 CAD* per person.**

Full Suites (S3-S6) size from: 495 sqft- $1499 USD/$2174 CAD* per person.**

Vacation protection would also have been adjusted upward.

I left a voicemail and was called back in about 3 hours. Since I was unable to negotiate price and was also happy with our current booking, I declined.

*CAD pricing estimate only, see details below. **Single occupancy pays 200%.

Edited by billco

We received and took two upsells for two cabins we have for our upcoming cruise.

Ours was marked no upgrade however you are not obligated to take it so they will extend the offer.

I think it has more to do with how well a cruise is selling, rather than your status.

They have a better chance of having someone book an inside, OV or balcony than a mini or suite so they try and clear inventory from the top down, when the cruise still has many cabins available as did our Coastal did.

For me it has been 30 days out or less!

My experience has been anywhere between 30 days up to a couple of days before the cruise. I watch the boards and then start looking. If I don't get anything I will give them a call and ask. Each cruise line handles it a little different. It is a great way to get upgraded if your not set on a certain location or room

Got the call back. Went from an inside to a balcony midship on the Baja for $200. DD and I are very happy

SWEET!

Best upgrade email I got was for this cruise.

Same sorta deal ($200 pp though) and we went from obstructed to mid-ship balcony for less than what windows are going for (with our past guest rates).

Can't say no to that!

I just received an offer' date=' although not much of one... deluxe balcony to mini-suite - $199 per person.[/quote']

That was what they were offering on our January cruise on the Coral which was only six nights...we did not bite at it...we already had a lovely mid ship balcony that we were happy with

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Received an upsell e mail today at 3:20pm. It stated:PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO CAPTAIN'S CIRCLE MEMBERS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN INSIDE STATEROOM (cat.IA-IF) ON THE APRIL 10, 2016 SAILING OF REGAL PRINCESS.

We had taken a bargain fare two months ago for an inside Riviera deck forward cabin including pre paid gratuities so as to squeeze in a Regal cruise having enjoyed one in December. The upsell $149pp makes my DW very happy getting the Riviera deck forward balcony and the pricing is still a bargain.

I left a voicemail for the 800 number 4:13pm, received a call back from them at 4:27pm and at 4:35pm I had received my e mail confirmation.

Looking forward to this Regal cruise even more now.

Received an upsell e mail today at 3:20pm. It stated:PRINCESS CRUISES IS PLEASED TO EXTEND THE FOLLOWING OFFER TO CAPTAIN'S CIRCLE MEMBERS CURRENTLY BOOKED IN AN INSIDE STATEROOM (cat.IA-IF) ON THE APRIL 10, 2016 SAILING OF REGAL PRINCESS.

We had taken a bargain fare two months ago for an inside Riviera deck forward cabin including pre paid gratuities so as to squeeze in a Regal cruise having enjoyed one in December. The upsell $149pp makes my DW very happy getting the Riviera deck forward balcony and the pricing is still a bargain.

I left a voicemail for the 800 number 4:13pm, received a call back from them at 4:27pm and at 4:35pm I had received my e mail confirmation.

Looking forward to this Regal cruise even more now.

Congratulations that is definitely a good deal!

We have 14 cruises with Princess (#15 next month) and we have only had an upsale offer once - but it turned out to be a dandy. We had booked an aft facing balcony cabin that I love. We got a call asking if we'd upgrade to a mini-suite at no cost. I voted no, my DW voted yes. We accepted the offer and received a good AB mini. A few weeks before the cruise we received another call asking us if we'd accept a full suite for $99 each - we grabbed it and ended up in the suite right next to the aft facing balcony cabin we had originally booked :-)

We're a month away from our next cruise, in an aft facing balcony cabin...call us Princess! :-)

We booked our Hawaii Ruby cruise leaving in 16 days with an inside cabin open to an upgrade.

But we booked with an online travel agency and our gratuities were pre paid.

Would we or our travel agent get an upsell email and would we lose our free gratuities?

We have 14 cruises with Princess (#15 next month) and we have only had an upsale offer once - but it turned out to be a dandy. We had booked an aft facing balcony cabin that I love. We got a call asking if we'd upgrade to a mini-suite at no cost. I voted no, my DW voted yes. We accepted the offer and received a good AB mini. A few weeks before the cruise we received another call asking us if we'd accept a full suite for $99 each - we grabbed it and ended up in the suite right next to the aft facing balcony cabin we had originally booked :-)

We're a month away from our next cruise, in an aft facing balcony cabin...call us Princess! :-)

Congrats on that upsell!

Fingers crossed you get a call this time equally as good!

We did receive an upsell offer today for our April 10 Regal sailing, but the Upsell offer was at my prompting because i noticed the prices have dropped drastically since we booked, and also, I read the cc roll call where others were talking about reductions in price upgrades, ET cet, so I contacted my agent today.

We booked category DW Obstructed deluxe balcony Guarantee, still haven't been assigned a cabin, and I noticed last night that mini suites are now exactly what we paid for our category DW, so offer is for $150 per person to upgrade to a mini suite, but agent told me that it is a guarantee and that I only AFTER I accept the upgrade and give credit card number that they will let me choose said cabin. I really don't want to end up in in one of those Marina deck minis where you look at the seawalk, so I am going to pass. Also, I take issue with the fact that the online total price for a mini is STILL $200 per couple cheaper than Princess's current offer to us

For the record, we have never been offered an upsell, and this will be our 16th Princess cruise, but we have been automatically upgraded many times in the past, once (our second cruise) from a regular balcony room to a full suite And several times we've received upgraded from obstructed to no obstructed ocean view, and the other times we marked our reservations as no upgrades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm also on the April 10 Regal sailing. I got an unsolicited upsell offer today, to go from our deluxe obstructed (but not really) balcony to a mini for $129 pp. Considering the total for mini suites for new bookings is now LESS than what we paid for our balcony, and that we have one of the extra large balcony cabins, I'm going to pass on the offer. Looking at where the available minis are located, I think we're better off in our deluxe balcony.