Allure refurbishment

Allure just had her dry dock last year, about this time I believe. I did read that she will be getting slides but I am not sure when this will happen.

Just talked with my Dad and he was told while on the Oasis from the booking guy, that the Allure was getting some work done in May and the slides are being added then.

To add the slides, the ship would have to be taken out of service for a while, installing the pumps and the equipment to the decks would require a major refurbishment to those areas. I don't see the Allure out of service at anypoint in the near future.

That doesn't sound like a three day dry dock job if they had another three day sailing taking it out of the circulation for a week.

Edited by A&L_Ont

That doesn't sound like a three day dry dock job if they had another three day sailing taking it out of the circulation for a week.

go on Norwegian escape, save over 1,000 on your cruise with packages.... it has slides, and the ship is brand new.

I continue to boggled by the obsession with the Oasis class ship to big to go anywhere ships. Oasis size ship, oasis size prices.

go on Norwegian escape, save over 1,000 on your cruise with packages.... it has slides, and the ship is brand new.

I continue to boggled by the obsession with the Oasis class ship to big to go anywhere ships. Oasis size ship, oasis size prices.

Does it cost more? Yes. Is it worth it to many? Absolutely.

I'm wondering if the huge success of the awesome slides on NCL ships is what prompted RCCL to add slides to their ships.

Pool deck stinks on the Escape

There seems to be something happening in May 2016. On the RC web site there is a choice of deck plans for the Allure,

Deck Plans from 13-Mar-2016 to 29-May-2016 or

Deck Plans from 05-Jun-2016 to 29-Apr-2018.

I haven't examined the plans in detail but I notice there are different names on some of the venue locations.

While at Nassau on the Allure, the old Carnival Ecstasy docked right beside us, and everyone on board (including me) were wishing to have the Ecstasy's slides on board.

There seems to be something happening in May 2016. On the RC web site there is a choice of deck plans for the Allure,

I haven't examined the plans in detail but I notice there are different names on some of the venue locations.

That is just a reorganization of cabin categories. With her last docking in 2015, with major changes done then, I don't foresee anything before the next scheduled docking in 2020. With the ships sailing full all the time, I don't see them taking the required contractor cabins out of inventory for an in-service install, even if it could be done without major impact on guest areas.

• 1 month later...

I have cruised NCL before, including the EPIC which has slides. 20+ minutes waits to go down a 1 second slide is not worth it. Besides, RCL has way better service, food and staff, IMHO.

The prices are not that much diff. We just booked the Allure and got a pretty good deal.

My wife's uncle has a buddy that works for the weigand facility in Germany that is building the abyss slides. He told him that they are making 3 of everything and that manufacturing for the 3 slide sets were already complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Allure just had her dry dock last year, about this time I believe. I did read that she will be getting slides but I am not sure when this will happen.

All RCI ships undergo a 5-year dry dock maintenance program, so the likely next drydock involving any time out of service won't be until around 2020. As mentioned in another post, it would take a fair amount of time to add the slides so unless another out of service time is planned in the next few years, it would seem that they won't be added (if at all) until the next dry dock.

As chengkp75 indicated, this is a common re-categorizing of staterooms for revenue balancing purposes that occurs on every ship periodically. Check other ships on the RCI web site and you will see this same kind of date references for most of the ships.

Edited by leaveitallbehind