Newest Koningsdam Pictures

InTheWASide

HAL has always defined "unobstructed" as if you stand up and walk to your balcony railing can you look straight out without anything in your way.

I can see if I know anyone staying in deck 4 but don't believe I do

How full is this sail? How did they assign cabins?

Why the constant negativity? Plenty of us are excited and happy to cruise on her. Take the angry old man vibe elsewhere, bigger problems in the world

Agree with you. How can anyone be so negative about a ship they have never sailed on? If I don't like this ship, I will say so, AFTER my cruise. HAL cannot stay with small ships forever and have to move forward in order to attract new passengers. I thought that I would hate the Nieuw Amsterdam but ended up loving it and have spent wonderful 28 days on her. I am sure the smaller promenade deck will be a disappointment to many, but those lifeboats seem to be in a much more accessible area in case of an evacuation. There is still a running track on an upper deck. Also, I think the inside muster is a great idea. Standing in the heat and in crowds can be very stressful for some people.

Yes deck 4 has obstructed view balconies. Those mid ship cabins were originally VA now they are VH that is why you could not book the Koningsdam a few weeks ago they were restructuring the deck plan and letting people know that booked those that they are totally obstructed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were "upgraded" from a VD cabin on a Vista class ship to a VA cabin. When we looked at the deck views and pictures from various websites, we could tell that yes, looking straight out from your balcony, you see nothing but ocean. But if you want to see the sail-away band on the pier, or the school of dolphins passing your ship, all you see is the bright orange tops of the lifeboats. You can't look down. We stayed with our VD cabin which had a beautiful ocean view, both outward and downward. We considered the VA midships deck 4 & 5 cabins as partially obstructed views. HAL did not agree.

I guess my only comment would be.....

DRAMA QUEEN - Take your negativity and stuff it!

LOVE IT !!!!!!! maybe Sir PMP is having a royal melt down :confused: like all of us he is entitled to his opinion but I just love disagreeing with him :eek:

Why the constant negativity? Plenty of us are excited and happy to cruise on her. Take the angry old man vibe elsewhere, bigger problems in the world

"Angry old man vibe" hahaha! Just had an image of my 80yo dad that hates change!

Yes deck 4 has obstructed view balconies. Those mid ship cabins were originally VA now they are VH that is why you could not book the Koningsdam a few weeks ago they were restructuring the deck plan and letting people know that booked those that they are totally obstructed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have they updated their online deck plans ?

Answering my own question, yes they have.

That is interesting, I was surprised to see how close the lifeboats look to deck 5, I think it will affect the downwards view more than I expected

Edited by teamflames

Sel de Mar is amazing you guys! We just did it for lunch (same menu as dinner) and everything was a total success. Complete and total foodgasms [emoji2] I posted all the pics on my Twitter page

I was just looking at your photos, I don't have a Twitter account so couldn't post but they are great photos, thanks for sharing. You either had a few people at your table or pigged out [emoji2]

Canaletto looked good as well. Food presentation looks very good.

Are you able to give us a clue on pricing?

Thanks again, it looks like a great ship