Newest Koningsdam Pictures

InTheWASide

So the specialty like Pinnacle and the such will charge for each item as well as the $29 just to get in? I am not understanding this:confused:

The ONLY restaurant at this point with HAL to charge a per item cost will be Se de Mer on the Koningsdam. The Pinnacle will remain the same $29.00 cost that includes each entree. (That is unless they do something like added a lobster tail that you can pay an upcharge which they have done int he past) I think the reasoning behind the cost per entree for the Sel de Mer is that they are obtaining fish in each port, the cost and availability will vary depending on the fish. Sea Bass is normally quite costly while other fish are not. I honestly think HAL is still trying ti figure this out and there may be lots of tweaking as the time goes by.

Although I do think there will be a cost per Sushi Roll ( half Roll) in Tamarind at the Sushi Bar. This is done on NCL and I had no problem with it, found the Sushi to be quite good and the price fare. If that is the case with HAL on Tamarind I will be a happy girl :D

Sel de Mer will seemingly source fresh ingredients from the local markets .

As such, no standard menu will be offered and pricing will obviously depend on the day. I call this fantastic and innovative for HAL.

You will still be able to enjoy your old menu at Pinnacle Grill, I'm sure, for a set price.

I really like the looks of the Lido Market. An aisle in front of the food stations that looks wide enough to prevent congestion and no tables along that aisle as well. That is an improvement.

My thoughts exactly. Plus the indvidual islands eliminate the stupid line congestion where they all blend together.

HAL's original lido design is the worst of any line we've sailed.

My thoughts exactly. Plus the indvidual islands eliminate the stupid line congestion where they all blend together.

HAL's original lido design is the worst of any line we've sailed.

They are supposed to be stations but you know people still form a line.

They are supposed to be stations but you know people still form a line.

It's a very, very similar setup to Princess and we've never had line issues of station lines merging together.

Today Captain Albert posed another Lido photo that shows the station off well.

I found it very interesting that the muster on the Koningsdam will be indoors. That's new for HAL isn't it?

Yes, it's new for HAL.

This is the first HAL ship that appears to have been designed for indoor muster, as there is no room to gather outside, and plenty inside.

The total reverse of their earlier ships that have plenty of room outside, and no place inside to gather.

The round balconies overlooking the pool - are those public seating?

Yes.... public seating.

One drawback is that the pool is sitting in a 'deep hole'. You won't get much sun around the pool using in the loungers unless the sun is very high in the sky. You will get longs shadows. This was a problem on the afterdeck pools in the ORIANA. A lot of long shadows. If you want the pool AND sun loungers... get the after deck first!

792953102_ORIANA20Stern20Decks20Terrace20Pool20PDM2002-04-20152015-37-018-S.jpg.a4b1f0eb4a0cf39b1549987e1958efdd.jpg